Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New movie soundtrack box

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Nice!!
It's out on January 3 2014
-----------------------------------

CD 1 - Loving You:Mean Woman Blues - Teddy Bear - Loving You - Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do! - Lonesome Cowboy - Hot Dog - Party - Blueberry Hill - True Love - Don't Leave Me Now - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - I Need You So

CD 2 - Jailhouse Rock:Jailhouse Rock - Young And Beautiful - I Want To Be Free - Don't Leave Me Now - Baby I Don't Care - Treat Me Nice - I Beg Of You - Don't - Playing for Keeps - Shake, Rattle and Roll - Good Rockin' Tonight - I Don't Care If the Sun Don't Shine

CD 3 - King Creole:King Creole - As Long As I Have You - Hard Headed Woman - Trouble - Dixieland Rock - Don't Ask Me Why - Lover Doll - Crawfish - Young Dreams - Steadfast, Loyal And True - New Orleans

CD 4 – G. I. Blues:Tonight Is So Right For Love - What's She Really Like - Frankfort Special - Wooden Heart - G. I. Blues - Pocketful Of Rainbows - Shoppin' Around - Big Boots - Didja' Ever - Blue Suede Shoes - Doin' The Best I Can

CD 5 – Follow That Dream:Follow That Dream - What A Wonderful Life - I'm Not The Marrying Kind - A Whistling Tune - Sound Advice - Angel - King Of The Whole Wide World - This Is Living - Riding The Rainbow - Home Is Where The Heart Is - I Got Lucky - A Whistling Tune - Flaming Star - Summer Kisses, Winter Tears

CD 6 – Blue Hawaii:Blue Hawaii - Almost Always True - Aloha Oe - No More - Can't Help Falling In Love - Rock-A-Hula Baby - Moonlight Swim - KU-U-I-PO - Ito Eats - Slicin' Sand - Hawaiian Sunset - Beach Boy Blues - Island Of Love - Hawaiian Wedding Song

CD 7 – Girls! Girls! Girls!:Girls! Girls! Girls! - I Don't Wanna Be Tied - Where Do You Come From - I Don't Want To - We'll Be Together - A Boy Like Me, A Girl Like You - Earth Boy - Return To Sender - Because Of Love - Thanks To The Rolling Sea - Song Of The Shrimp - The Walls Have Ears - We're Coming In Loaded

CD 8 - It Happened At The World’s Fair:Beyond The Bend - Relax - Take Me To The Fair - They Remind Me Too Much Of You - One Broken Heart For Sale - I'm Falling In Love Tonight - Cotton Candy Land - A World Of Our Own - How Would You Like To Be - Happy Ending

CD 9 – Fun In Acapulco:Fun In Acapulco - Vino, Dinero Y Amor - Mexico - El Toro - Marguerita - The Bullfighter Was A Lady - (There's) No Room To Rhumba In A Sports Car - I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here - Bossa Nova Baby - You Can't Say No In Acapulco - Guadalajara - Love Me Tonight - Slowly But Surely

CD 10 – Kissin’ Cousins:Kissin' Cousins - Smokey Mountain Boy - There's Gold In The - One Boy, Two Little Girls - Catchin' On Fast - Tender Feeling - Anyone - Barefoot Ballad - Once Is Enough - Kissin' Cousins - Echoes Of Love - A Long Lonely Highway

CD 11 - Viva Las Vegas:Viva Las Vegas - I Need Somebody To Lean On - You're The Boss - If You Think I Don't Need You - What'd I Say - Today, Tomorrow And Forever - C'mon Everybody - Do The Vega - Night Life - The Yellow Rose Of Texas/The Eyes Of Texas - The Lady Loves Me - Santa Lucia

CD 12 - Roustabout:Roustabout - Little Egypt - Poison Ivy League - Hard Knocks - It's A Wonderful World - Big Love, Big Heartache - One Track Heart - It's Carnival Time - Carny Town - There's A Brand New Day On The Horizon - Wheels On My Heels

CD 13 – Girl Happy:Girl Happy - Spring Fever - Fort Lauderdale Chamber Of Commerce - Startin' Tonight - Wolf Call - Do Not Disturb - Cross My Heart And Hope To Die - The Meanest Girl In Town - Do The Clam - Puppet On A String - I've Got To Find My Baby - You'll Be Gone

CD 14 – Harum Scarum:Harem Holiday - My Desert Serenade - Go East, Young Man - Mirage - Kismet - Shake That Tambourine - Hey Little Girl - Golden Coins - So Close, Yet So Far - Animal Instinct - Wisdom Of The Ages

CD 15 – Frankie And Johnny:Frankie And Johnny - Come Along - Petunia, The Gardener's Daughter - Chesay - What Every Woman Lives For - Look Out, Broadway - Beginner's Luck - Down By The Riverside/ When The Saints Go Marching In - Shout It Out - Hard Luck - Please Don't Stop Loving Me - Everybody Come Aboard

CD 16 - Paradise, Hawaiian Style:Paradise, Hawaiian - Queenie Wahine's Papaya - Scratch My Back - Drums Of The Islands - Datin' - A Dog's Life - House Of Sand - Stop Where You Are - This Is My Heaven - Sand Castles

CD 17 - Spinout:Stop, Look And Listen - Adam And Evil - All That I Am - Never Say Yes - Am I Ready - Beach Shack - Spinout - Smorgasbord - I'll Be Back - Tomorrow Is A Long Time - Down In The Alley - I'll Remember You

CD 18 – Double Trouble:Double Trouble - Baby, If You'll Give Me All Of Your Love - Could I Fall In Love - Long Legged Girl - City By Night - Old MacDonald - I Love Only One Girl - There Is So Much World To - It Won't Be Long - Never Ending - Blue River - What Now, What Next, Where To

CD 19 - Clambake:Guitar Man - Clambake - Who Needs Money? - A House That Has Everything - Confidence - Hey, Hey, Hey - You Don't Know Me - The Girl I Never Loved - How Can You Lose What You Never Had - Big Boss Man - Singing Tree - Just Call Me Lonesome

CD 20 - Speedway:Speedway - There Ain't Nothing Like A Song - Your Time Hasn't Come Yet, Baby - Who Are You? - He's Your Uncle Not Your Dad - Let Yourself Go - Your Groovy Self - Five Sleepy Heads - Western Union - Mine - Goin' Home - Suppose(Sony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

As with the other boxes released recently, they will be probably mixes taken from the old Double Features series :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Whatever the source may be Mike,the Doible Features or ecent remasters, it's a fine set i think.
Cool to have these on mini cardboards....it's situated in budget price, so double nice!!

And i have a feeling you will like it too buddy!! :wink:

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks for the information, JohanD.

It's extremely weird they have left "Love Me Tender" out of this box and, on the other hand, have included material like "Good Rockin' Tonight" in order to "fill" the "Jailhouse Rock" CD. They could have combined both soundtracks, like they did in the past.

Who makes those decisions, anyway ? Certainly, it's people who don't give a damn about Elvis' music. Otherwise, I can't explain this.

Thanks again.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Yes and they left out the songs of his last movies, which some of them were very good.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

JohanD wrote:Whatever the source may be Mike,the Doible Features or ecent remasters, it's a fine set i think.
Cool to have these on mini cardboards....it's situated in budget price, so double nice!!

Well, I have all the Double Features cds and I like them but if soundtracks like: It Happened At The Worlds Fair, Kissin´Cousins, Harum Scarum, Paradise Hawaiian Style, Spinout, Double Trouble and Speedway are taken from the recent new remasters I am in :wink:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:12 pm

It's a good set. The Jailhouse Rock disc looks a bit weird but it's nice that they have combined Follow That Dream, Kid Galhad and Flaming Star on one disc.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:42 pm

JohanD wrote:Nice!!
It's out on January 3 2014

What's the price tag on the box? Is it available for pre-order anywhere yet?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

JohanD wrote:Whatever the source may be Mike,the Doible Features or ecent remasters, it's a fine set i think.

Well, I have all the Double Features cds and I like them but if soundtracks like: It Happened At The Worlds Fair, Kissin´Cousins, Harum Scarum, Paradise Hawaiian Style, Spinout, Double Trouble and Speedway are taken from the recent new remasters I am in :wink:. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

It's bound to be a mixture of the masters from the 1997 CDs and the Double Features, but like you I'll have one if there's more recent masters of the original mixes.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:00 pm

King Volcano wrote:
It's bound to be a mixture of the masters from the 1997 CDs and the Double Features, but like you I'll have one if there's more recent masters of the original mixes.

Why? The entire catalogue was remastered five years ago. I don't think that any DF masterings are used for this set.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:06 pm

The last Elvis set in this series featured a mish-mash of old masterings and new ones - but more new than old. These 20CD sets retail at around £30, and so this will be a nice addition, and may explain why the soundtrack albums were pulled from the previous 20CD set just a few weeks before release. The track listing for that box changed quite a lot from announcement to release, so there is still time for the extra Jailhouse Rock songs to be exchanged with the Love Me Tender soundtrack and for the final soundtracks to be squeezed in somewhere.

It's not the format I was suggesting a few months back, but I wasn't far out...

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78449&hilit=soundtracks&start=25#p1203198

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:32 pm

The Jailhouse Rock CD Tracklisting is the SOUTH AFRICA Jailhouse Rock Vinyl LP pressing Tracklisting ! :D

Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock South Africa vinyl LP album (LP record)
Tracklisting / Additional Info:
1. Jailhouse Rock
2. Young And Beautiful
3. I Want To Be Free
4. Don't Leave Me Now
5. Baby I Don't Care
6. Treat Me Nice
7. I Beg Of You
8. Don't
9. Playing For Keeps
10. Shake Rattle & Roll
11. Good Rockin' tonight
12. I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine

Source: http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=210055

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:40 pm

crap....last five soundtracks missing:

SAJ
LALLAL
Charro
TTWG
COH

On the other hand, why 20 cd´s when they can fit on 10??.... ridiculous

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:58 pm

This looks nice, where can i find this set JohanD, how much does it cost, i may get it if the price is right. :)

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:10 pm

As stated before, the cost is approx. £30 for these sets. And they are on 20 discs instead of 10 because it is a part of a series of 20 disc sets. The Jailhouse Rock listing for this set looks incorrect to me. My guess is that the correct listing will be the Jailhouse Rock Cd from 2003 which coupled it with Love Me Tender.

Johan, where did you get the info on this set - I can't find it online.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:24 pm

I found it here Peter,

http://www.ueps.be/Blogger.php?Tc=NL&BId=10761

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:01 pm

@poormadpeter
The Jailhouse Rock listing for this set looks incorrect to me My guess is that the correct listing will be the Jailhouse Rock Cd from 2003 which coupled it with Love Me Tender.

Why incorrect? :?:
The Tracklisting is exactly the same as on the SOUTH AFRICAN Jailhouse Rock Vinyl LP :D

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Claus wrote:
King Volcano wrote:

Why? The entire catalogue was remastered five years ago. I don't think that any DF masterings are used for this set.

Because despite the 2007 remastering of the entire catalogue, these post-2007 Sony releases and re-releases have used entirely or partially out of date and / or inferior masterings:

The King of Rock & Roll box (2012, entirely the old mastering)

From Nashville to Memphis box (2010, entirely the old mastering)

Walk a Mile in My Shoes box (2011, entirely the old mastering)

The Real Elvis Presley 3CD (2011, partially old mastering)

20 Original Albums box (2012, partially old mastering)

Original Album Classics 5CD box (2008, at least partially old mastering)

Original Album Classics 3CD box (2011, at least partially old mastering)

Original Album Classics 5CD box (2012, at least partially old mastering)

Original Album Classics 5CD box (2012, at least partially old mastering)

Original Album Classics 5CD box (2011, at least partially old mastering)

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:48 pm

On the cover you can see one of the Double Features covers. Yes this is likely to be a mix of old and new masters. Someone will have to buy it and go through it disc by disc. Not me though.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:23 pm

JohanD wrote:I found it here Peter,

http://www.ueps.be/Blogger.php?Tc=NL&BId=10761

Thanks.

Bearing in mind the cover shows the Flaming Star/Follow That Dream/Wild in the Country Cd cover, I wonder if that disc will include Wild in the Country instead of Kid Galahad!

Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:40 am

It seems this is not the final cover. :shock:
Kid Galahad is included. :smt023
The Tracklisting from Jailhouse Rock seems to be the S.African Jailhouse Rock Vinyl LP version. :)
All Masters seems to be the new (Complete Masters Box) Masters :D

This collection includes 17 original soundtrack albums, plus 3 new compilations of Jailhouse Rock (original rare South Africa release), Follow That Dream (a compilation of Flaming Star, Follow That Dream and Kid Galahad) and Viva Las Vegas. All sourced from the re-mastered box set ‘The Complete Masters’.

The albums have been replicated in mini jacket sleeves and placed within a cube lift off lid box.

Source: German Elvis Forum Elvisnachrichten.de

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Just what I was hoping for.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Andy-M wrote:
[b]This collection includes 17 original soundtrack albums, plus 3 new compilations of Jailhouse Rock (original rare South Africa release), Follow That Dream (a compilation of Flaming Star, Follow That Dream and Kid Galahad) and Viva Las Vegas. All sourced from the re-mastered box set ‘The Complete Masters’.

Fantastic, about time they used those sources for one of these sets.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:14 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:Just what I was hoping for.

Me too. Pretty cool I say.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:02 pm

I have read in a german message board that the source comes from the Complete Masters Box-Set. :?: