Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Fort Worth Texas - Newly remastered Soundboard

Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 pm

YDKM wrote::evil: what i find so offensive about this release is
a.) Zero 'new' just a re-hash plus filling up short CD running time with a few tracks stolen from the Fort Worth 1976 bootleg~!
b) uninteresting show- you may as well buy the FTD releases from this tour instead :D
c) really dubious reports about sound up-grade -when its NOT out yet!~
i can 100% happily stay with what soundboards i have from this tour THANKS!~ :roll:

If you think it's an uninteresting show.. then I'm afraid you don't like summer 1974 concerts at all.
Too bad as Elvis delivered maybe standard, but professional shows, still being in relatively good health and looking great and tanned.

Fort Worth ranks up to Cleveland, Milwaukee, LA show quality and unlike 1975 onwards, fans and critics were quite pleased with his concerts.
Last edited by Robert on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm NOT saying the show is 'bad' because it is good.....i'm saying THIS RELEASE is 'bad' hats all.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:52 pm

How do you know?

Do you have it?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Robert wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:Damn, could not contain myself and ordered it. Hell, that's the life of collectors, right?

It's good really.
Ronnie nicely upfront so a different sound as the balance is usually poor

What??? No "shake that tambourine" this time??? :o

This is good news. But there's no way for me to order it. :cry:

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:27 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:Is this show released on any other cd than the one mentioned in the add? And also: how is the sound on that particular cd?

Man in White is in a very dull, lifeless sound.

I don't agree. It was OK. Just the 'balance' a bit off. I don't normally condone re-re-releases, but the show from Milwaukee, June 28th '74 (released under the title of "In dreams of yesterday") and "Run on" are definitely inferior sound quality and both could do with releasing properly.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:40 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:What??? No "shake that tambourine" this time??? :o

8)

No, more rock sound.
Enough promotion from my side for now.
Have to go back and listen to 'the man in white' but I remember that I gave that show quite a few spins.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:[ he was very honest on the upcoming forth worth CD that it wasnt really good.
also i don't know anyone who ACTUALLY has this cd -yet~!!!! :?

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:34 pm

it was released?

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:02 am

well i never seen or heard of anyone who knows about it or has it?? :?

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:45 am

Received it today. Will stay sealed for 9 more days because of the wifes birthday. Anyway, just wanted to let y'all know it's out!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:37 am

Thank you Lexie!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:31 pm

I listened to it now and theres is 0 to no diffrence At ALL!

Suspicious Minds from new CD: http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/50415967/file.html
Suspicious Minds from The Man In White Vol.1 : http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/91459530/file.html

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Just for those who don`t have the original..otherwise..

C-R-A-P.

You have a label..?

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Just for those who don`t have the original..otherwise..

C-R-A-P.

You have a label..?

Elvis Concert Fan . The same label that released the ''Live at Lake Charles'' cd

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:24 pm

This label is specialized on hard to get SB`s. I think the idea behind is not bad. They released Lake Charles May 4, 1975 ES which was only available on the Fort Baxter box A Profile. The same goes for College Park September 28, 1974 ES. But I think they should mention that these releases are straight copies of this material.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Nice booklets at least.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Ciscoking wrote:This label is specialized on hard to get SB`s. I think the idea behind is not bad. They released Lake Charles May 4, 1975 ES which was only available on the Fort Baxter box A Profile. The same goes for College Park September 28, 1974 ES. But I think they should mention that these releases are straight copies of this material.

College Park cd wasn't straight copy of the original, unfortunatelly. It was 'newly remastered' and it sounded worse then original.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:50 pm

I just got that feeling this was CRAP...now i am certain!~ :(

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:37 pm

I have got the boxsets cause i was un-able to get the original releases cause tbh 7 years ago i was a novice at all the collecting cds, but im happy to say im getting better. So when a new re-release comes out i get it then send one more silver from the box set to my friend in the states. I would prefer the real hard cds to be re-released like Milwaukee 77, alexandria 29th 77, trying to get to memphis vegas 71, but these will do for now. The label maybe be CRAP as my friend Cisco and YDKM say but to us who dont have the original sory not CRAP.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:58 pm

xmascarrol wrote:The label maybe be CRAP as my friend Cisco and YDKM say but to us who dont have the original sory not CRAP.

Agree and in this particular case the show is interesting given the different soundboard sound compared to most releases.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 pm

xmascarrol wrote: The label maybe be CRAP as my friend Cisco and YDKM say but to us who dont have the original sory not CRAP.

You got me wrong..my friend ...I said when you don`t have the originals it is a good idea..but they should mention it is a straight copy of those. ..for those who own the real Mac Coy...it is crap..in the end it isn`t good work anyway..just a copy and paste job..with bad cover art..

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:39 am

Ciscoking wrote:
xmascarrol wrote: The label maybe be CRAP as my friend Cisco and YDKM say but to us who dont have the original sory not CRAP.

You got me wrong..my friend ...I said when you don`t have the originals it is a good idea..but they should mention it is a straight copy of those. ..for those who own the real Mac Coy...it is crap..in the end it isn`t good work anyway..just a copy and paste job..with bad cover art..

True And im sorry but isnt the new releases from the good labels all copied in the end, wiv a bit more effort put into it.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:04 am

If it is a straight copy, then I don't think it is a good idea. Better try to get the original...

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:04 am

Some sound samples

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/fortworthtexas.htm

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:26 am

YDKM wrote:I just got that feeling this was CRAP...now i am certain!~ :(

It's not.If you have the original then I guess there's no point getting it but if you don't it's a worthwhile purchase.I really like the sound with the guitars,bass and drums high in the mix and the orchestra barely audible.Elvis has his afternoon voice but sounds OK.
Solid but unspectacular show but an enjoyable and interesting listen thanks to the unusual mix,almost like a rehearsal.

norrie