Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Studio B cd.

Sat May 10, 2003 9:32 pm

Damn I love this cd, i cant get enough. the sound is friggin awesome! how do they get it so good? wish the masters sounded this good. its like being in the friggin studio! I love that bit where Porter or one of the guys tells em to clear their throat on one speaker and Elvis or whoever is making those noises on the other speaker its like right in ur ear. lol I love it. well listening to that cd is as close as ill ever get to have been there at the time! amazing since I was born 10 yrs later. lol

Sat May 10, 2003 9:37 pm

hi kylan
so you say this is a fine cd
i love elvis in the 60s

is everyting unreleased.
i know thats a dum ?.

OVERKILL

Sun May 11, 2003 1:53 pm

I guess hardly anyone's mentioned this CD due to the fact that the new soundtrack CD packages overshadow this one and because we''ve had so much of this material and similar, on bootleg before. Also we have had some of the complete sessions of these songs on bootleg, and BMG/RCA have already confused us with so many different takes of certain songs. For example, I am now at a loss to know how many takes, or what takes we have had of "Anything that's part of you" and "There's always me". They just seem to be dotted around and spread over so many releases now!!

Sun May 11, 2003 2:02 pm

Tony -

You wrote:
BMG/RCA have already confused us with so many different takes of certain songs.

Are you suggesting they shouldn't be releasing outtakes ?

I love 'em !!

Colin B

Sun May 11, 2003 2:18 pm

This is a great release!

The sound is awesome. I wish the masters sounded this good.

Why did Ernst edit out the first part of the rehearsal of 'His latest flame'?

This can't be used anywhere else, in context anyway.

RKS

Mon May 12, 2003 1:32 pm

Aaaaaaaaahhhaa Carolynlm I knew you had your collection at work :lol:

RKS my guess is that the His Latest Flame rehearsal is 'all there is', as when this has been released on bootleg in the past it starts & finishes at the same points, althought this FTD does have it in it's best sound over the bootlegs. Perhaps the producer turned the tape on at that point incase there was something that could be used. It does make you wonder though just how many other rehearsals were comiited to tape in this way......who knows we may one day get Elvis rehearsing 'Fort Lauradale Chamber Of Commerce' wouldn't that be great :shock:

Mon May 12, 2003 1:36 pm

When I first saw the tracklisting of this CD, I was kinda worried that it would be the same as "Essential Elvis vol.6 - Such a Night". But after I've received the CD, I was extremely glad that I've ordered this FTD. The sound, the choice of takes, the artwork... it's really good.

These compilations are really a lot more fun to listen to, than all those complete sessions (like the 2CD "Something Complete" or Memory's "Anything That's Part Of You"). Hearing the same song 10-15 takes in a row kinda destroyes the enjoyement that that song used to give.

Mon May 12, 2003 3:23 pm

carolynlm wrote:Caught..... :lol: :lol: Ray, I take a few different CD's in each day. There is no way on this earth I would ever leave them anywhere by themselves...Having these discs has been a real eye opener for me and even though it may make people laugh, I would really like to hear how Elvis handled 'Dominik', (the Bull song). That would be the song I dislike the most, and from what we know Elvis didn't think much of it either, but I think he would have approached it as professionally as he could have.

Yes, he was so professional that they had to use the take with Elvis laughing at the end as the master take because he wouldn't record another one ;). He also asked Jarvis (or whoever was in charge at the time) not to release this one if he should die ... - But I know what you mean, maybe Beach Shack is an even better example ...

Mon May 12, 2003 9:58 pm

Albert wrote:When I first saw the tracklisting of this CD, I was kinda worried that it would be the same as "Essential Elvis vol.6 - Such a Night". But after I've received the CD, I was extremely glad that I've ordered this FTD. The sound, the choice of takes, the artwork... it's really good.

These compilations are really a lot more fun to listen to, than all those complete sessions (like the 2CD "Something Complete" or Memory's "Anything That's Part Of You"). Hearing the same song 10-15 takes in a row kinda destroyes the enjoyement that that song used to give.

Couldn't agree more with you.

This is a must have cd.

The song & chat selection is well done. It's far more enjoyable than "long lonely higway" or "fame and fortune". I played it already 3 times on my pc in a random play.It's even a more refreshing experience.

Hope the next studio "B" cd will be of the same level of pleasure.

Thanks to Ersnt & co for the great job

Tue May 13, 2003 2:09 am

This is a fantastic CD. I think the sound quality is awesome.

I love the song selection and the tracks seem to flow perfectly.

Elvis's voice is really beautiful on each track.

I have played this cd 4 times and it might be the best FTD release so far.

Thanks Ernst & Co. for giving us a great new look on those studio B recordings.

Wed May 14, 2003 1:20 am

Ray,
There is more rehearsal of 'His Latest Flame' than what is included on Studio B. If you look on the Master and Session website it shows there is a false start and then a LFS.

So why would Ernst not include this on Studio B?

RKS[/quote]

DON'T LET THE SOUNDTRACKS THROW YOU!

Thu May 15, 2003 12:44 am

As I've been into before, I've had my 60's night after receiving all these 4 CD's!
They are Elvis in the 60's and they are outstanding releases!
And don't let the "imports" throw you either!
Just get 'em!