Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: BEAUTIFUL FTD COVER

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 pm

thermoking wrote:
hm80ep wrote:
thermoking wrote:Email info from my dealer Front and the back cover.

Prepared and researched for FTD by Hans Slebos /Robert Frieser / ( 'Forty Eight Hours To Memphis' '3000 South Paradise Road' and Sold Out), this release will be presented in 7" format accompanied by 12-page 4-color booklet.

That's a beautiful back cover... for the "Elvis (NBC TV Special)" Classic Album FTD.

I agree , with a lot of beautiful pictures of '69 i find this picture a little bit misplaced.
On ,the other hand. In 1969 RCA also used a photo of the 68 Comeback. So it can be.

As already noted by me, the two albums RCA issued of American Sound material both featured photos taken in June 1968, so it makes sense to include a photo from November 1968 for this third "deluxe" collection.

Also, look closely at that back cover scan and you'll see that FTD is including a few track surprises.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Some nice alternates shown here! Still, since I normally don't play the covers, I'd be more keen on seeing the tracklist! 8)

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
thermoking wrote:
hm80ep wrote:

Prepared and researched for FTD by Hans Slebos /Robert Frieser / ( 'Forty Eight Hours To Memphis' '3000 South Paradise Road' and Sold Out), this release will be presented in 7" format accompanied by 12-page 4-color booklet.

That's a beautiful back cover... for the "Elvis (NBC TV Special)" Classic Album FTD.

I agree , with a lot of beautiful pictures of '69 i find this picture a little bit misplaced.
On ,the other hand. In 1969 RCA also used a photo of the 68 Comeback. So it can be.

As already noted by me, the two albums RCA issued of American Sound material both featured photos taken in June 1968, so it makes sense to include a photo from November 1968 for this third "deluxe" collection.

Also, look closely at that back cover scan and you'll see that FTD is including a few track surprises.

I don't think it matters really since RCA back in the day, usually used older photo's for their LP releases.

Now, in 2013, Ernst can use more up to date photo's and doesn't have to conform to the patterns of RCA back
in the day.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:17 pm

ekenee wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
thermoking wrote:
hm80ep wrote:

I don't think it matters really since RCA back in the day, usually used older photo's for their LP releases.

Now, in 2013, Ernst can use more up to date photo's and doesn't have to conform to the patterns of RCA back
in the day.

Um, that's the point.

Have you even purchased any of FTD's "deluxe album" series? If so, look at them.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Also, look closely at that back cover scan and you'll see that FTD is including a few track surprises.

I tried, but it's too damn small to read . . .

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 pm

all I could see was this time/I cant stop loving you :D

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:07 am

elvisland wrote:all I could see was this time/I cant stop loving you :D

Same here. It's killing me not to know what is written there.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:08 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Yeah, tell su what we can't see on the tracklisting :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:24 am

Rich_TCB wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Also, look closely at that back cover scan and you'll see that FTD is including a few track surprises.

I tried, but it's too damn small to read . . .

Well, for one, it appears "Come Out, Come Out (Wherever You Are)" will be on the set. Unfortunately, no Elvis vocal.

See:
"Memory Revival" and "Come Out, Come Out" --> Unknown Songs?
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72039

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Well, for one, it appears "Come Out, Come Out (Wherever You Are)" will be on the set. Unfortunately, no Elvis vocal.

Well for one - a track without Elvis' vocal - what's the point?

You said there we're a few surprises - What's well for two? What's another surprise?

RKS

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:12 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Well for one - a track without Elvis' vocal - what's the point?

You actually have to ask?

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:32 am

hey Dr we'll get tha Change of Habit stuff too??....hopeeee 8)

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:29 am

ale wrote:hey Dr we'll get tha Change of Habit stuff too??....hopeeee 8)

It depends upon just how much is left from the Memphis sessions that FTD chooses to utilize on this third release.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:15 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:
Well for one - a track without Elvis' vocal - what's the point?

drjohncarpenter wrote:
You actually have to ask?

I kind of like hearing Elvis sing.

So what are the other "few surprises"?

RKS

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:05 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Well, for one, it appears "Come Out, Come Out (Wherever You Are)" will be on the set. Unfortunately, no Elvis vocal.

See:

Thanks, Doc.

I was wondering if FTD will include anything more from the "Suspicious Minds" session. For example, the snippet that was included on the 5.1 DVD audio version of "30 #1 Hits", where it has Elvis recording the harmony vocal and he says "Sing the song man, sing the song".

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:56 pm

cover works for me........... :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

and I love the way he sings this version of ICSLY......stunning
Last edited by debtd1 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Well, for one, it appears "Come Out, Come Out (Wherever You Are)" will be on the set. Unfortunately, no Elvis vocal.

See:

Thanks, Doc.

I was wondering if FTD will include anything more from the "Suspicious Minds" session. For example, the snippet that was included on the 5.1 DVD audio version of "30 #1 Hits", where it has Elvis recording the harmony vocal and he says "Sing the song man, sing the song".

I suspect it will primarily cover masters and outtakes the first two FTD deluxe albums of American Sound material did not.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:56 pm

debtd1 wrote:

cover works for me........... :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

and I love the way he sings this version of ICLY......stunning

So do I -- it's by far my favorite Elvis recording of the Don Gibson classic.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:39 pm

After hearing Elvis sing that informal version of I Can't Stop Loving You, Chips Moman should have jumped out of his chair, and have Elvis and the band work out a master of this song. Would've been fantastic.

What a surprise it was to hear this on the 60's Masters box set.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:After hearing Elvis sing that informal version of I Can't Stop Loving You, Chips Moman should have jumped out of his chair, and have Elvis and the band work out a master of this song. Would've been fantastic.

What a surprise it was to hear this on the 60's Masters box set.

It was a wonderful, and previously-unknown, discovery.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:44 pm

When the talk about the ftd-'memphis trilogy', they mean Memphis Sessions (2001), Made in Memphis (2006) and this new release coming next month, right? :o

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:07 am

Ales Majer wrote:When the talk about the ftd-'memphis trilogy', they mean Memphis Sessions (2001), Made in Memphis (2006) and this new release coming next month, right? :o

No, these wonderful, essential "deluxe album" releases from Follow That Dream are parts one and two of the "FTD Memphis Trilogy":

December 2012

121200_Back In Memphis_FTD.JPG

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/backinmemphisftd.html

April 2013

130400_From Elvis In Memphis_FTD.JPG

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/fromelvisinmemphisftd.html

If you do not have them, order today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:43 am

monkboughtlunch wrote:How about this?

Looks mighty fine! :D

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:46 am

onelove wrote:Shame that the known photos taken at the American seem to be pretty low quality in general as I think a photo from the actual sessions/studio would be the best pick for the cover.

With a quick change of the photo, I think the cover would give a much better 'vibe' what's to be expected from the CDs and it would go pretty nicely with the original (FEIM) design, even if it's not as colorful.

That's a cool pic! 8)

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ales Majer wrote:When the talk about the ftd-'memphis trilogy', they mean Memphis Sessions (2001), Made in Memphis (2006) and this new release coming next month, right? :o

No, these wonderful, essential "deluxe album" releases from Follow That Dream are parts one and two of the "FTD Memphis Trilogy":

*snip*

If you do not have them, order today!

Thanks Doc! Kinda weird (though, in my opinion) that Sony / FTD basically wants you to re-buy the Memphis Sessions ftd with those two deluxe albums. Does that mean that alot of outtakes (and stuff) that will feature on the upcoming Moody Blue release (Bet that one won't come out untill well into 2014!) have already been featured on the Jungle Room Sessions? :|

As far as Back in Memphis and In Memphis are concerned: There's not that much on those releases that I don't have already (60's Masters box, Memphis Sessions, Made in Memphis, Platinum Box....). I'll have to think aboot this one :?