Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Boxcar '68 Special book

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:32 am

Looks like we will be spoiled with not one but two books in one slipcase from BOXCAR on the '68 Special.

Plus the Eric L book to.

Great times for fans of the special...

Re: Boxcar '68 Special book

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:00 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:Looks like we will be spoiled with not one but two books in one slipcase from BOXCAR on the '68 Special.

Plus the Eric L book to.

Yes, quality awaits. Don't forget Boxcar's greatest release:

boxcar-1974-cover-side1.jpg

Having Fun With Elvis On Stage | elvisrecords.us
Image courtesy of the essential Elvis record research database: elvisrecords.us
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:54 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:Looks like we will be spoiled with not one but two books in one slipcase from BOXCAR on the '68 Special.

Plus the Eric L book to.

Sounds interesting. Some additional info from elvis.com.au:

Joseph Pirzada has been working on a very special project for his Boxcar label for eight months, known only to industry insiders to now, today we can tell you a little about it. After the deluxe and highly acclaimed, 'Elvis Presley s Graceland 1957-1977' and 'Aloha Via Satellite', Joseph has turn his attention to 'The '68 Comeback Special' and this time we are presented with not one but two HUGE books containing hundreds of unpublished photographs, 900 pages in total and packed in one slipcase. The set comes with a free gift surprise. [The free gift surprise kind of makes it 3 books ...] So the ultimate book on the '68 comeback special ...

Wonder what the price will be, tohugh...

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Plus the Eric L book to.

From what I understand it will be three books in one slipcase :wink:. Knowing the quality products Boxcar release, this will be the one to get 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Going by the previous two books from "Boxcar" this is easy where can I place my order - saving for it now.
and looking forward also to hearing more about it as the release gets closer.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Very excited about these books.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:04 pm

Boxcar, along with their previous incarnations, are a class act. Really looking forward to this release.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:32 am

How many more slight picture variations of Elvis sitting down in his leather jumpsuit can there possibly be??

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:17 am

Tony.. wrote:How many more slight picture variations of Elvis sitting down in his leather jumpsuit can there possibly be??

Enough, I hope, to last the rest of my life!

Found this, on a Blogger blog: Image

rjm

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:27 am

I'm over too many books of years we already have plenty of pictures from!~ i mean already 68',Aloha+ final curtain covered so much can we buy any more?? :?

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 am

rjm wrote:
Tony.. wrote:How many more slight picture variations of Elvis sitting down in his leather jumpsuit can there possibly be??

Enough, I hope, to last the rest of my life!

Found this, on a Blogger blog: Image

rjm

Original
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Hmm. Must have used the puppet-warp thing or something, for the top part of him.

Wish they'd not be quite so creative.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:46 pm

No more please! An obvious way to keep exploiting Elvis to the max and to play into the fan who must have everything with his name on it. The Col keeps on living and his legend thrives.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 pm

rjm wrote:Hmm. Must have used the puppet-warp thing or something, for the top part of him.

Wish they'd not be quite so creative.

What is "the puppet-warp thing"?

All someone did is rotate the image so the guitar neck was level. Why they did this is unknown, I prefer original view in all cases.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:54 pm

YDKM wrote:I'm over too many books of years we already have plenty of pictures from!~ i mean already 68',Aloha+ final curtain covered so much can we buy any more?? :?

I have to agree.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
YDKM wrote:I'm over too many books of years we already have plenty of pictures from!~ i mean already 68',Aloha+ final curtain covered so much can we buy any more?? :?

I have to agree.

How many do you own already?

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:42 am

poormadpeter wrote:

I have to agree.

The most important question is, "How many pictures of Susan Henning will there be ?
:smt007

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:20 am

I have not actually counted how many books i have but it must be nearly 100....so many rows in my bookshelves devoted to Elvis. of cource i bought another 2 books this month alone!~
but continually buying similar/same Elvis material......that doesn't excite me at all.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:27 am

Ontour_72 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

I have to agree.

Yep,this is the reason some think elvis fans live there life through elvis,it seems some really do,i dont understand that,theres other things to enjoy.

That's true but were on an Elvis forum maybe that's why we talk about him so much here.

norrie

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:12 am

There are books released monthly.

There are cd's released monthly.

And yet we very rarely get a new DVD.

Still no Dorsey shows, no Berle shows, no Steve Allen shows.

No Dance Party show.
No Pied Piper movie.
etc. etc. etc.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:04 am

An expanded 68@40 book with gloss paper would beat all of the new release books imho

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 am

Any news on the BOXCAR '68 Comeback book?

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:57 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:Any news on the BOXCAR '68 Comeback book?

No news is good news?

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:24 am

I would imagine it would now be pointless after what is already 'available!' :?

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:31 am

YDKM wrote:I would imagine it would now be pointless after what is already 'available!' :?

Maybe? Maybe not? If it's killer...