Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:39 am

I always found it amusing when, at the end of the introductions in Aloha, Elvis says "Fantastic" in the most unconvincing tone of voice imaginable. Needless to say, I use this particular sarcastic reply at every turn, and of course no one "gets" it.

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:55 am

i was talking to some friends about another friend who recently had a kid and was tempted to say..."she had a baby....an infant baby".. but i didn't. :roll:

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:56 am

Reading this topic all I can say is "Lord have mercy!'

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:01 am

That's tutt and that's sheff....that's tuttsheff anyway u look at it boy....its not easy to fit into a conversation though.:)

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:07 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

The one that I use almost daily on here, quoted from a song: Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!!!!!!!! :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 am

Eggrert wrote:I always found it amusing when, at the end of the introductions in Aloha, Elvis says "Fantastic" in the most unconvincing tone of voice imaginable. Needless to say, I use this particular sarcastic reply at every turn, and of course no one "gets" it.


Probably why he wasn't convincing as an actor.

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:14 am

There''s a taxi service where I live called 'Sincere Taxis' whom I use a lot. They have their brand normally emblazoned on the door unless the car is new. Whenever a car arrives outside our block at the given time without the logo I have an urge to burst into the opening line of "Are You Sincere?", but thankfully my Wife stops me. :D

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:15 am

I sing in a southern gospel quartet. One of the guys who sings with me is "well versed" in Elvis things. We live in South Carolina, where it gets pretty hot and humid. Every now and then, especially in the summer, we'll be setting up equipment and I'll say "It's a hot time in Florida", which is immediately followed by the other guy singing Rainy Night in Georgia.

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:34 am

"Buried in a beaver"

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:10 am

It isn't one I've gotten to say, but I keep it at the ready. In king Creole, Danny says "now wait a minute honey" to which she replies "In all my years as a teacher no one has ever called me honey". Elvis replies "I believe you." He completely nails the line. Someday...someday, I'm gonna get to say that line at the perfect moment.

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:46 pm

jonesELfan wrote:It isn't one I've gotten to say, but I keep it at the ready. In king Creole, Danny says "now wait a minute honey" to which she replies "In all my years as a teacher no one has ever called me honey". Elvis replies "I believe you." He completely nails the line. Someday...someday, I'm gonna get to say that line at the perfect moment.


Sounds like the sort of line that would work a treat at the supermarket when they put the items over the scanner so fast, you can't put em in your bag quick enough.

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:04 pm

tcb in sc wrote:I sing in a southern gospel quartet. One of the guys who sings with me is "well versed" in Elvis things. We live in South Carolina, where it gets pretty hot and humid. Every now and then, especially in the summer, we'll be setting up equipment and I'll say "It's a hot time in Florida", which is immediately followed by the other guy singing Rainy Night in Georgia.


LOL.
Here in the UK its not hot all that often but on the few occasions during summer when it is, i'd get into the car and say " it's a hot time in Florida... a rainy night in Georgia" in my best Elvis accent. The kids used to get quite mad with me but eventually they played along and finished the "a rainy night in Georgia" ending with me. They didn't know the Elvis connection. When i recently got "Elvis On Tour" DVD and we were all sat there watching it and they saw Elvis in the car saying the exact same words, they both laughed so much they nearly fell off the settee!! What fun!

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Image

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Mr Whopitt wrote:Reading this topic all I can say is "Lord have mercy!'



I say "Lawd have mercy" a lot but I get that from my relatives as much as I got it from Elvis. I think most of us say some variation of it in the south.

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:19 pm

dhornjr1 wrote:
Mr Whopitt wrote:Reading this topic all I can say is "Lord have mercy!'



I say "Lawd have mercy" a lot but I get that from my relatives as much as I got it from Elvis. I think most of us say some variation of it in the south.


My step Farther lives in Georgia, and says this all the time, as well as everyone i know down there when i go and visit my Mom, who also has picked up the Southern ways, i love being down South, seems everyone is so laid back, and for the most part are always very kind and polite, and all the folks i have come to know and be friends with really like Elvis :D

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:50 am

SUN-RCA wrote:
dhornjr1 wrote:
Mr Whopitt wrote:Reading this topic all I can say is "Lord have mercy!'



I say "Lawd have mercy" a lot but I get that from my relatives as much as I got it from Elvis. I think most of us say some variation of it in the south.


My step Farther lives in Georgia, and says this all the time, as well as everyone i know down there when i go and visit my Mom, who also has picked up the Southern ways,


Yeah, as Elvis would say, "It's a natural thing" to say "Lawd have mercy" or "Lawda mercy" in the south.

Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:16 am

"Yes sir" and "mam"...but that came about living in Georgia for a number of years. Old southern school Iguess. Very polite and nice still today.