Re: What Elvis Quotes do you use regularly

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:45 pm

flippy.....real flippy...........

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 pm

I mumble quit a bit, does that count

Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Jeez, of course you don't live your life through Elvis if you quote him. If I say " go ahead punk make my day." I don't think I'm as cool as Clint. But It's fun to use quotes from movies, history and literature. There were quite some funny lines in Elvis' movies so why not use them? It's all part of western cultural heritage imho.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Pink&Black wrote: It's fun to use quotes from movies, history and literature.

"That'll Be The Day !!!" :wink:

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:07 pm

r&b wrote:If people really do this (and I kind of have the feeling some here do), it is really sad that you live your life this much through Elvis. Do you want to also die at 42 just to be like him?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Pink&Black wrote: It's fun to use quotes from movies, history and literature.

"That'll Be The Day !!!" :wink:

Talkin' to me?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 pm

'Buy your own drinks' -Jailhouse Rock.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:03 pm

I like using quotes from songs he sang like "It's Your Baby, You Rock It"... "Walk a Mile in My Shoes" and... "It Ain't No Big Thing (But it's Growin)". I also use "Get out of the stable Grandma, you're too old to be horsing around" on select occasions.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:26 pm

jungleroombear wrote:I like using quotes from songs he sang like "It's Your Baby, You Rock It"... "Walk a Mile in My Shoes" and... "It Ain't No Big Thing (But it's Growin)". I also use "Get out of the stable Grandma, you're too old to be horsing around" on select occasions.

That's a good one, i believe Elvis said that at his first gig in Las Vegas 1956, at the "New Frontier Hotel. :)

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Well I don't use Elvis quotes, but I sometimes sing "I'm caught in a trap" when I'm stuck on a Super Mario level and that has been often this week.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:38 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:I like using quotes from songs he sang like "It's Your Baby, You Rock It"... "Walk a Mile in My Shoes" and... "It Ain't No Big Thing (But it's Growin)". I also use "Get out of the stable Grandma, you're too old to be horsing around" on select occasions.

That's a good one, i believe Elvis said that at his first gig in Las Vegas 1956, at the "New Frontier Hotel. :)

Yes, not sure where it originates and despite Elvis having fun with it, nothing seemed to win that bunch over!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:52 pm

jungleroombear wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:

Yes, not sure where it originates and despite Elvis having fun with it, nothing seemed to win that bunch over!

That crowd was definitely a bunch of Squares towards Rock 'N Roll, and the whole 2 week gig must have been a downer for Elvis, Scotty, Bill and DJ. But they at least got to enjoy their free time while they were there. :smt033

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:00 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:

That crowd was definitely a bunch of Squares towards Rock 'N Roll, and the whole 2 week gig must have been a downer for Elvis, Scotty, Bill and DJ. But they at least got to enjoy their free time while they were there. :smt033

I guess any old girls in the audience (and there must have been a few) could have felt quite offended by it, but at least he didn't threaten to "rip their tongues out by the roots"!!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:09 pm

I once used, "That's nice material, you ought to have a dress made out of it", but the remark fell on stony ground. True !

It's probably not an accurate quote, I know (King Creole).

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 pm

I am a college professor and one I like to use when my students are unhappy about a due date or a department policy is "Hey,I only work here."

To the OP, people quote lines from artists, books, songs and movies all the time. I don't think there is anything sad about it at all. So long as you can work it into the conversation in natural and fun ways, rock the quotes.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:50 pm

jonesELfan wrote:I am a college professor and one I like to use when my students are unhappy about a due date or a department policy is "Hey,I only work here."

To the OP, people quote lines from artists, books, songs and movies all the time. I don't think there is anything sad about it at all. So long as you can work it into the conversation in natural and fun ways, rock the quotes.

Perfect comeback to use on your Students. :lol:

I like your reasons for the use of Quotes. :wink:

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:02 pm

It would be fun having a girlfriend called Sheila. I'd be constantly repeating a personal favorite quote... "Step up here Sheila and let me sing to you baby"! How cool! And what a sublime version of And I Love You So followed.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 pm

jungleroombear wrote:It would be fun having a girlfriend called Sheila. I'd be constantly repeating a personal favorite quote... "Step up here Sheila and let me sing to you baby"! How cool! And what a sublime version of And I Love You So followed.

I love that recording by Elvis "And I Love You So", when the mood strikes me, i'll play that song over and over many times. :smt020

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:33 pm

huh? how can you think it's sad to use quotes? whether it's from movies, tv's, song or someone you admire, there's absolutely nothing sad or wrong about that. people do it all the time, it can be a quote they find inspirational, or maybe they just like the quote. it's completely normal

well, one elvis quote that i use every now and then is ""Everyone's nuts! Some of us just see it more clearly, that's all""

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:huh? how can you think it's sad to use quotes? whether it's from movies, tv's, song or someone you admire, there's absolutely nothing sad or wrong about that. people do it all the time, it can be a quote they find inspirational, or maybe they just like the quote. it's completely normal

well, one elvis quote that i use every now and then is ""Everyone's nuts! Some of us just see it more clearly, that's all""

Nothing wrong with it, There are some iconic quotes in movies like That'll Be The Day, I'll Be Back or Go ahead , make my day or any number of them in The Godfather. Elvis really didn't really have any, except if you are a die hard Elvis fan. To try & consciously think of an Elvis quote to fit a situation is in a way , silly. So Burning Love baby, get on it!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:57 pm

My signature!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:17 pm

It's involuntary. I even have the dialogue of OTHER film characters from his movies swirling in my head. Happened last night as I was drifting off to sleep, and I couldn't even remember where I heard it! And then it hit me: Roustabout, after the wallet fell out of Elvis's pocket in the moto-drome (??). A guy says it to him. I was just "hearing" the line in my head, almost asleep. "You don't do that to another Carny, fella." I was relieved to "place" it. It was just swimming around in my head.

Just the intense exposure causes a lot of it. I remember being in an emergency room when I had just turned 21. The medic asked me my age, and involuntarily, I said, accent and intonation perfect: "21, sir." Kinda freaked me out; it was involuntary. Just came out that way. The guy had no idea, fortunately.

My fave quote, though? Probably "weirdos, man, weirdos." Change of Habit.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:59 pm

"Fate had me plee-play-pleh-pl-la-plalalalalalalala plus tax"

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:01 am

You gotta have a belt in the right place
and
I need 'em, man. I need 'em.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 am