Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ali MacGraw frontrow seat at an Elvis concert in 1970?

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:15 pm

For those who were born after the 80's she may not be wellknown. For those born before the 80's she will be known,
first and foremost because of the blockbuster movie Love Story. I am talking about actress Ali MacGraw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6P98zRhkSg

At a YouTube film of the Elvis documentary called "Elvis, That's the way it is", in the opening-scene at
1 min.40 one can see a lady in the forefront amazed by Elvis his stage performance who looks very much
like actress Ali MacGraw. Or maybe it is her.
Last edited by moffringa on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ali MacGraw frontrow seat at an Elvis concert in 1970?

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:25 pm

It does look like her.

A lot of celebrities went to see Elvis in Vegas.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:28 pm

That footage was shot in Phoenix Arizona, if memory serves, on Elvis' first tour. It's such a shame the camera's weren't rolling for the show itself!

I could imagine Ali seeing Elvis in Vegas, but not sure she's be somewhere like Phoenix. I remember her in Love Story, among others.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:44 pm

moffringa wrote:For those who were born before the 80's she may not be wellknown. For those born before the 70's she will be known,
first and foremost because of the blockbuster movie Love Story. I am talking about actress Ali MacGraw.

Ali_Mc_Graw lookalike.jpg

At a YouTube film of the Elvis documentary called "Elvis, That's the way it is", in the opening-scene at
1 min.40 one can see a lady in the forefront amazed by Elvis his stage performance who looks very much

It's a lookalike.

Among other things, this footage is from Phoenix, AZ on 9-09-1970. Why would the lovely Hollywood star of 1969's "Goodbye Columbus" be seeing Elvis Presley in Phoenix? Note "Love Story" did not hit general release until December 1970.

Also Ali was married at the time to Paramount Pictures president Robert Evans, who is certainly not with this woman at the concert.

And, finally, does this lady appear to be five months pregnant? Because MacGraw was more than halfway through her pregnancy at this time, giving birth to son Joshua on 1-16-1971 in New York.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:46 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
moffringa wrote:For those who were born before the 80's she may not be wellknown. For those born before the 70's she will be known,

Ali_Mc_Graw lookalike.jpg

It's a lookalike.

Among other things, this footage is from Phoenix, AZ on 9-09-1970. Why would the lovely Hollywood star of 1969's "Goodbye Columbus" be seeing Elvis Presley in Phoenix? Note "Love Story" did not hit general release until December 1970.

Also Ali was married at the time to Paramount Pictures president Robert Evans, who is certainly not with this woman at the concert.

And, finally, does this lady appear to be five months pregnant? Because MacGraw was more than halfway through her pregnancy at this time, giving birth to son Joshua on 1-16-1971 in New York.

::rocks

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 am

The matter of the pregnacy is convincing enough that she's a look alike. As to ask oneself why the "star" of say, a movie like " Goodbye Columbus" be in a city like, say, Phoenix, on any given date, and not finding a plausible answer, well this is like saying that the star in question has no one in the entire world to visit, including former roomates, aunts, grand parents, any old boyfriend, you name it, anyone in the Phoenix vecinity, who may have invited the then "star" (only one movie to her credit), to that city and say, after a day or so, found out, by mere chance, about Elvis' show there, after which the "star" decided to see the biggest music attraction in the world, AND THE HELL WITH HER HUSBAND, even if that man was Robert Evans. Ask Peter Bodganovich how he felt when he realized Cybill Sheppard was not in her hometown of Memphis, but actually in Vegas seeing Elvis. In fact, I can name, off the top of my head, at least one "star", bigger than Ali McGraw was before the release of "Love Sory", that really went out of her way to see Elvis. Her name is Catherine Deneuve, who was on location in New York making her first US film, but who was, by then, someone not just WITH 22 EUROPEAN FILMS TO HER BELT, but already known as the most beautiful woman in the world as well. On the advise of her costar, Jack Lemmon, they took a plane from NY to Las Vegas, in August 1969, JUST to see Elvis at the International. And they were back in NY, the next day. And that was, in total, a 4,500 mile plane ride. In her autobiography, she tell about the 15 minutes or so she spend talking to Elvis and trying for him to invite her to one of the bedrooms inside the 30th floor suite, where she ended up after the show along with 60 other people. Her words are significant. " Ive never seen a more beautiful PERSON in my life, and have not seen one as good looking since, but after 15 minutes of "trying", there's just so much that a woman can say to a man to get invited to his bed, even for a French woman like me". So, it could have been Ali, but the fact she doesn't look pregnant at all, which she was, means the girl's a lookalike...

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:12 am

Elvis must have had another woman, more to his liking, on stand by at the time.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Jaime1234 wrote:The matter of the pregnacy [sic] ...

Stars do not travel to Phoenix to see performers. They go to major media cities like New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas.

As one may plain read in your unsourced, misspelled example of Catherine Deneuve, she apparently flew to Las Vegas to see Elvis Presley. So your long-winded reply only supports one of my contentions.

Thank you. ;-)

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

It's a lookalike.

::rocks

Thank you!

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:11 am

Does anyone know if Ali Macgraw is an Elvis fan?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:35 am

She sure is an Elvis fan.

Rumor has it that she traveled all the way to Phoenix to see him in 1970.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:26 am

Rob wrote:She sure is an Elvis fan.

I heard that too,cant recall where

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:59 pm

that does seem to be the rumor swirling around at the moment anyway . i do wonder were they find the time . :wink:

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:49 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Stars do not travel to Phoenix to see performers. They go to major media cities like New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas.

As one may plain read in your unsourced, misspelled example of Catherine Deneuve, she apparently flew to Las Vegas to see Elvis Presley. So your long-winded reply only supports one of my contentions.

Thank you. ;-)

Whatever!

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:51 am

Jaime1234 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thank you. ;-)

Whatever!

Hey, don't be cruel. ;-)

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:02 am

If Ali Macgraw was a big Elvis fan I could see her flying to Phoenix to see him.

I have seen celebrities go to places besides L.A., New York or Las Vegas to do things.

However the pregnancy is good evidence that it's not her.

Also Ali Macgraw seems more like a fan of Roy Orbison.

I believe Ali would go to see Orbison but not Elvis.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:37 am

Rob wrote:She sure is an Elvis fan.

From where?? Tucson?

Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
It's a lookalike.

Elementary my dear Carpenter! Great Sherlock-style work Sire!

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:51 pm

I don't believe that woman is the beautiful Ali Macgraw, but primarily from a visual standpoint. She could have been in Phoenix for any number of reasons and caught the show, her husband might not have been with her at the time (perhaps we just don't see him), and although I've personally never been pregnant, it's common for a woman to not "show" much after only five months.

But again, not to start another of our 10+ page "is it or not" threads, in which everyone comes thisclose to killing each other. I still don't believe that the young woman is Ali Macgraw.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:39 pm

brian wrote:If Ali Macgraw was a big Elvis fan I could see her flying to Phoenix to see him.

I have seen celebrities go to places besides L.A., New York or Las Vegas to do things.

However the pregnancy is good evidence that it's not her.

Also Ali Macgraw seems more like a fan of Roy Orbison.

I believe Ali would go to see Orbison but not Elvis.

Hi Brian!! Funny you mention McGraw would probably go see the only man I know of, for sure, who drove 489 miles, probably non stop, to see the other( NOT to see him, personally, as if they had a meeting and that of course could be seen as normal, and understandable if one wanted to discuss a business deal with the other, or whatever, but just to see what he was all about as a performer.........LOL).

Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
It's a lookalike.

Elementary my dear Carpenter! Great Sherlock-style work Sire!

Thanks.