Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Cleveland Footage already at 1000 EURO LOL

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:47 pm

elvisa wrote:Hmmm....really, why would long time members make up multiple user names......never understood that :? ........you are who you are.

I'm jungleroombear and proud to be myself. I may talk sh*t from time to time, but you know who it's coming from.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:48 pm

I don't need to place a bid, I'll be smart and wait for STAR to release a proper DVD of the entire show.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:27 am

Is it gone? I can't even find it in completed listings?

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:36 am

joekro1977 wrote:Is it gone? I can't even find it in completed listings?

No its still up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-S ... 881wt_1024

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:44 am

Surprise Surprise :mrgreen:
The Ebayer with the 5 Feedbacks is again the very first and the highest bidder :smt003
The last time his highest bid was 1000.- Euro. :facep:

Just look at the Feedback from the Seller.
Mr. 5 Bids is excellent for the seller in making fast high bids and let the others win and pay high prices :o

Especially for the FINAL CURTAIN DVD Box Sets :wtf:

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:48 am

Multiple nicks, bidding in their own auctions ... well done ... and now we believe that they will not make a copy and sell it later ...

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:32 pm

So - it would appear that the auction was taken down by eBay over concern of copyright infringement and has been re-started.

There are three days left and the bidding is around 350 Euro.

It would be cool if Star or someone similar got a hold of this - it looks like some beautiful footage.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:09 pm

I found very strange the fact that on youtube there is the mention that the transfert is not part of the auction.

So the seller has made a transfer but don't want to give it with the auction.

It will cost him almost nothing to make a copy of the transfer and for the price it will go I found that strange.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 pm

joekro1977 wrote:So - it would appear that the auction was taken down by eBay over concern of copyright infringement and has been re-started.

There are three days left and the bidding is around 350 Euro.

It would be cool if Star or someone similar got a hold of this - it looks like some beautiful footage.

Yes indeed but the seller has the right to sell its not ilegal, Star never buy new footage to date they use footage thats already available

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Phil wrote:
robbie wrote:
Im am not bigbird i know birdbird but not the same person, Strange thing is how this film was taken down 1st time, being a original film and totally legal maybe a jealous person who wanted it cheap and could not afford it dont want anyone else to have it :?

You forget that taking picture or making a film of somebody without his consentment is totally illegal.

"Regarding the authorization for the use or reproduction of an image or video, it depends on whether the person concerned is portrayed rather accidently or whether he is the main subject of the picture. If the person in question is the main subject of the photo and / or video, prior authorization is required before its use. In case his presence in the picture or video is merely incidental, his permission to use his image is in principle not required ".

You may not diffuse or sell a picture or a film without the permission of the persone that is pictured and in case of a video you need the permission of all the people that are in the video.

You may take a picture of a crow for exemple you may diffuse it and even sell it but you may not take a picture of a person in the same crowd and diffuse it or sell it.

That means then Aloha From Hawaii was ilegal because they recorded people in the audience without their permission as for the the Crow maybe it has rights too :D

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 pm

That means then Aloha From Hawaii was ilegal because they recorded people in the audience without there permission as for the the Crow maybe it has rights too

It seems that you read hal of what you see

You may take a picture of a crow for exemple you may diffuse it and even sell it but you may not take a picture of a person in the same crowd and diffuse it or sell it.

In Aloha the subjet is Elvis and accidentally the crowd that was seeing Elvis but there are no person in that crowd that is picture intentionnally

Regarding the authorization for the use or reproduction of an image or video, it depends on whether the person concerned is portrayed rather accidently or whether he is the main subject of the picture. If the person in question is the main subject of the photo and / or video, prior authorization is required before its use. In case his presence in the picture or video is merely incidental, his permission to use his image is in principle not required .

I don't aggree that somebody can take an auction down just with a note that it is illegal but legally we may not sell that kind of item without the autorisation of the participant.
Last edited by Phil on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Phil wrote:
That means then Aloha From Hawaii was ilegal because they recorded people in the audience without there permission as for the the Crow maybe it has rights too

It seems that you read hal of what you see

In Aloha the subjet is Elvis and accidentally the crowd that was seeing Elvis but there are no person in that crowd that is picture intentionnally

Regarding the authorization for the use or reproduction of an image or video, it depends on whether the person concerned is portrayed rather accidently or whether he is the main subject of the picture. If the person in question is the main subject of the photo and / or video, prior authorization is required before its use. In case his presence in the picture or video is merely incidental, his permission to use his image is in principle not required .

I don't aggree that somebody can somebody can take an auction down just with a note that it is illegal but legally we may not sell that kind of item without the autorisation of the participant.

Accidenally the crowd was seeing Elvis :shock: and the crowd was not recoreded intentionally when cameras pointed at them and recorded :facep:

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:02 pm

If you look at the back of the ticket, it clearly says that videorecording or taking photos was not allowed. But I don't see a problem selling that on Ebay if it doesnt have sound. I'm sure ebay took it off because they dont know and prefer to be safe than sorry.

And I'm done with these posts because there are too many issues.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:59 pm

So Robert is in. Is Moodyblue still in? The more the better.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:37 am

this is what the seller has said on his Youtube account about it being taken off Ebay

youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9UW8KvD9c0

:shock:

Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:31 am

BigBird wrote:
ale wrote:please win the auction and then share it :D

Do you mean me?

Now if that is the case and you are talking to me, let me tell you something:

If I pay, lets say 2000 Euros (who knows how it will go), you suggest that after I bought it, I should share it?

Why the hell would I do that? Why the hell would I spend my hard earned money on some rare Elvis Footage, share it with everybody and see its value drop to ZERO?

Why would anybody do that?

I will tell you what I will do with the footage if I win the auction, I will have a transfer made of the super 8 film and then store the film so it will last as long as possible and once I am gone for good, maybe my family can make some money with it, those rare elvis items are better than Gold depots, one will always get something for it, provided it is one of its kind.

Now, here is a suggestion, why do you not form a group, invite 10 elvis fans to chip in, if everybody chips in 300 Euros, you could bid 3000 euros and probably bid out everybody, then you make a transfer and share it within that group.

See normally it would be stupid to give others such great ideas since I am interested in that footage myself, but I know the Elvis world quite well, you will NOT find 10 ppl, not even 5 who you could trust with that kind of thing, in a perfect world my suggestion would work, but this world is far from being perfect.

Prepare yourself for a battle I'll bid :p

Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:36 am

Well that was a busy day of bidding - back over 500 Euro

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 am

What does it mean, .....that this is the same film that was in the room with the king elvis Presley? I may not have it worded exactly. Maybe I am missing something but I don't understand this statement.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:06 am

Yes for me same question.

Why on the box it's July 19 and on the paper July 18

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:25 am

fishy

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:45 am

Deke Rivers II wrote:What does it mean, .....that this is the same film that was in the room with the king elvis Presley? I may not have it worded exactly. Maybe I am missing something but I don't understand this statement.

Means the film was the film shot in the building not a copy the original, as for the date the letter is correct

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:02 am

carloselvis wrote:this is what the seller has said on his Youtube account about it being taken off Ebay

youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9UW8KvD9c0

:shock:

I see what you mean Carloselvis the seller seems pretty pissed, click on the Show More tab above the comments smt171

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 am

I don't, and can't buy these sorts of things, but how is a rule written on the back of a 38 year-old concert ticket "the law"?

The guy is dead, and while his name (s) have been trademarked, and supposedly his "image," you have maybe thousands of ETAs going around using that image. And that seems quite legal to me. Or they couldn't do it.

How is footage, soundless footage shot by a fan so long ago, "illegal"?

It's no personal concern - concert footage, but I am curious as to how these types of copyrights and trademark issues are interpreted.

Since I'm doing historical research that goes way, way, way back in time, I am interested in these matters, and how the living can claim ownership over the dead.

If this goes back to nearly 4 decades, just when do such claims of ownership stop? There are so many gray areas, and it doesn't just involve the famous. It could involve ownership claims of "family photos" even if they are part of history.

I mean, if I uploaded family footage, and it turned out to have significant historical value beyond my family, I would understand it's use -- and would not object. But some other people might object in such circumstances, and try to claim ownership. The laws and their application have become very confusing in the digital age.

But as far as total control over a historical figure, this is what the Presley family (and current owners) have apparently done. They have trademarked a dead person's name(s) and "image." Forever. This is the precedent. The trouble is that they enforce it at their whim and so do others who have followed in their wake.

Theoretically, descendents or relations of Lincoln (or anyone) could do this! Claim all the paintings or photos with his image, and just stop historical work.

Seems like a minefield!

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Thanks for this answer.

Great intelligent answer.

Almost everybody knows that pieces of sounds are copyrights but few knows that the image of a person is also copyright.

The question here is as Elvis has died long time ago is it still a problem to diffuse or to sell Elvis images.

We must not forget that Elvis is a trademark.

There is difference between historical use and commercial use and sell it for 1000 euros is pure commercial use.

I haven't open the question because I excuse the delation but only to show that they are reasons and everybody knows that ebay don't take any risk and prefer to delete the auction than to look seriously at the problem.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Phil wrote:Thanks for this answer.

Great intelligent answer.

Almost everybody knows that pieces of sounds are copyrights but few knows that the image of a person is also copyright.

The question here is as Elvis has died long time ago is it still a problem to diffuse or to sell Elvis images.

We must not forget that Elvis is a trademark.

There is difference between historical use and commercial use and sell it for 1000 euros is pure commercial use.

I haven't open the question because I excuse the delation but only to show that they are reasons and everybody knows that ebay don't take any risk and prefer to delete the auction than to look seriously at the problem.

But they now allow it :shock: