Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Cleveland Footage already at 1000 EURO LOL

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:34 pm

I just checked the Cleveland footage on ebay and it is up on 1000 Euro and that makes me LOL.

If you dont believe it, check here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-S ... 51b2f0c77f

Now, that does confim what I said in the now unreachable thread.

However, it makes me happy that is already that high, because Elvis obviously DOES sell in it is still collectable (obviously) and the fact that the price it up that high takes out all of those petty little Elvis wannabe fans, who want everything for free and now they will never get to see that and thats a good thing!

Why?

because in order to buy this footage now, one has to go the extra mile, one really needs to be into that kind of thing, one needs to have saved some money for situations like that and who dont, well what can I say you will have to pop in the Aloha DVd again, or whatever.

I am prepared, a handful of others obviously too and the rest of ya'll can .. well that would be uncivil to say.

Cheers!

and ... hahahaha

Re: Cleveland Footage already at 1000 EURO LOL

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:41 pm

BigBird wrote:However, it makes me happy that is already that high, because Elvis obviously DOES sell

Don't get too happy. All of the bids are coming from the same 3 or 4 people.

Maybe they can keep bidding to jack up the price even more.

Wouldn't that be neat?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 pm

I knew it would go high and 7 days to go, But if your still bidding Bigbird be prepared to pay a lot for it, IF YOU WIN AT ALL :smt006

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:55 pm

Rob wrote:
BigBird wrote:However, it makes me happy that is already that high, because Elvis obviously DOES sell

Don't get too happy. All of the bids are coming from the same 3 or 4 people.

Maybe they can keep bidding to jack up the price even more.

Wouldn't that be neat?

Yeah it would be neat, but if it is more than 2 doing it, it very unlikely, you said yourself, 3-4 different ppl doing it.

More likely is that there is maybe 15-20 ppl who care for that kind of thing, but only a handfull of ppl who have the juice to swing something like that and what they are trying to do is to knock out the others.

I am doing auctions a long time, way before ebay was even an idea and there is something called a "knock out bid"!
One bids very high and hopes that all others give up, that obviously did not go well here, unless the current highest bidder bid a lot more than it is showing right now.
However, it has one good thing, it kicks all those schmocks out who would for example try to save 5 bucks on the shipping, if you know what I mean.

Mostly I enjoy the whole thing so much, because I know the likes of some petty ppl around here will never get it, it also makes me happy because Elvis IS Collectable and last but not least, I am able to swing something like that, because I have always a certain ammount of money prepared if something like that, or other real rare things of Elvis pop up and here I am being prepared, plus I have one more week time to even liquify some more money, you know, just in case.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:58 pm

robbie wrote:I knew it would go high and 7 days to go, But if your still bidding Bigbird be prepared to pay a lot for it, IF YOU WIN AT ALL :smt006

I will wait until the last minute, not figuratively speaking, I mean literally to the last minute and i will knock those dudes out with an insane ammount of money (i am not going to tell how much I will bid, just in case they are actuallly want to jack up the price as some around here say), cause i want that footage, periode!

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:01 pm

I have been outbid and im out of the bidding at the current price

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:09 pm

keninlincs wrote:I have been outbid and im out of the bidding at the current price

So you did bid already and 7 days before it ends you are already out?

Too bad for you, because if somebody pays 1000 euros, if that is the final bid (which i doubt) he/she will NOT Ever share it, especiallly not on youtube like many may have hoped for.

I for my part have not bid yet, but I will in 7 days.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Several bidders with just 5 feedbacks? Sounds fishy to me. It would not surprise me if this is a case of friends bidding on eachother's items to get a higher price in the end.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:29 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Several bidders with just 5 feedbacks? Sounds fishy to me. It would not surprise me if this is a case of friends bidding on eachother's items to get a higher price in the end.

Could be, but I have also not many feedback points, so who knows, the end will tell, or not.

PS. the one with 5 points is one and the same bidder as far as i could tell, it says:

0***0 ( 5 )

to my understanding this is one and the same bidder, not 2 ppl, or am i wrongß

than there are 2 others who bid pretty high:

t***t ( 45)

a***l ( 661)

That means the bidder with 5, the one with 45 and the one with 661 are a team jacking up the price???

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:34 pm

BigBird wrote:One bids very high and hopes that all others give up, that obviously did not go well here, unless the current highest bidder bid a lot more than it is showing right now.

I'm not much on eBay, but from what I have been involved, I was rarely outbid on anything. If you wait and throw the knockout bid in there at the very end, your chances of winning increase at the lowest possible price. By continuing to throw bids in there, they just jack up the price even more. I'm not interested in owning this film, but if I were, you can bet that I would not have a bid in there yet. It would happen during the last minute or so.

Elvis fans are a strange bunch.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Rob wrote:
BigBird wrote:One bids very high and hopes that all others give up, that obviously did not go well here, unless the current highest bidder bid a lot more than it is showing right now.

I'm not much on eBay, but from what I have been involved, I was rarely outbid on anything. If you wait and throw the knockout bid in there at the very end, your chances of winning increase at the lowest possible price. By continuing to throw bids in there, they just jack up the price even more. I'm not interested in owning this film, but if I were, you can bet that I would not have a bid in there yet. It would happen during the last minute or so.

I agree 10% and since I am interested in this footage, I will do exactly what i have said before, which was the same what you just posted, I will wait until the very last minute, literally.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:42 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Several bidders with just 5 feedbacks? Sounds fishy to me. It would not surprise me if this is a case of friends bidding on eachother's items to get a higher price in the end.

That wouldn't surprise me. This is an item, that because of the potential value of it, that only serious bidders would bid on, and that being the case, serious bidders always wait until the last few seconds to bid. Serious buyers never "show their hand" a week before the end of an auction, it only increases the price.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:45 pm

BigBird wrote:I will wait until the very last minute, literally.

Good luck.

I hope you get it.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:46 pm

memfisking wrote:

That wouldn't surprise me. This is an item, that because of the potential value of it, that only serious bidders would bid on, and that being the case, serious bidders always wait until the last few seconds to bid. Serious buyers never "show their hand" a week before the end of an auction, it only increases the price.

I would exactly that what you said, but there is always a possibilty you have morons one your hand, or whatever reason it may be.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, I have got the money to buy this. If I do, I would try to sync it up with the available audio. The quality is very good and I would definately share it.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:53 pm

BigBird wrote:
memfisking wrote:

I would exactly that what you said, but there is always a possibilty you have morons one your hand, or whatever reason it may be.

You seem to be doing a lot of chirping this thread. Just sayin....lol

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:14 pm

its everyones free spirit... ;-)

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm

More power to whoever happens to win this auction.

To pay 45 Euro per minute for 22 minutes of film seems crazy to me, but I suppose at that price you've earned the right to keep it to yourself.

Me? I'm perfectly happy re-watching TTWII, On Tour, Aloha, or any of the other numerous items available on YouTube.

Hope you win BigBird, you seem very intent on doing so.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:43 pm

BigBird wrote:
Rob wrote:

I agree 10% and since I am interested in this footage, I will do exactly what i have said before, which was the same what you just posted, I will wait until the very last minute, literally.

I only agree with, Rob, 10% of the time too, BigBird !

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Joe Car wrote:
BigBird wrote:
memfisking wrote:

Shove your little metaphors (you know chirping etc.) up ... you know the rest!

... having said that, yes this topic intersts me the most at the moment, I am a hard core footage collector, of course i do collect rare audio too as well as photos, but footage is to me the number one, naturally I would post on those topics, especially if it is about "new" footage like this very thread, which I opend myself.

So what is your excuse?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:10 pm

joekro1977 wrote:More power to whoever happens to win this auction.

To pay 45 Euro per minute for 22 minutes of film seems crazy to me, but I suppose at that price you've earned the right to keep it to yourself.

Me? I'm perfectly happy re-watching TTWII, On Tour, Aloha, or any of the other numerous items available on YouTube.

Hope you win BigBird, you seem very intent on doing so.

Thank you.

Somebody about 15 months ago sold 3 minutes of some MSG footage on ebay, it was sold for 1200 Euros, that is almost 10 times higher (400 Euro per Min.) than the footage we are talking about now.

Sure it was MSG footage, it has naturally more value than some Cleveland '75 footage, but stil it was a hefty bill I'd say.

BTW. The TTWII and EOt outtakes were super expensive before they somhow leaked out, tens of thousends of USD were spend for only parts of what we know today and the quality was less than what we have today too.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:18 pm

please win the auction and then share it :D

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:35 pm

ale wrote:please win the auction and then share it :D

Do you mean me?

Now if that is the case and you are talking to me, let me tell you something:

If I pay, lets say 2000 Euros (who knows how it will go), you suggest that after I bought it, I should share it?

Why the hell would I do that? Why the hell would I spend my hard earned money on some rare Elvis Footage, share it with everybody and see its value drop to ZERO?

Why would anybody do that?

I will tell you what I will do with the footage if I win the auction, I will have a transfer made of the super 8 film and then store the film so it will last as long as possible and once I am gone for good, maybe my family can make some money with it, those rare elvis items are better than Gold depots, one will always get something for it, provided it is one of its kind.

Now, here is a suggestion, why do you not form a group, invite 10 elvis fans to chip in, if everybody chips in 300 Euros, you could bid 3000 euros and probably bid out everybody, then you make a transfer and share it within that group.

See normally it would be stupid to give others such great ideas since I am interested in that footage myself, but I know the Elvis world quite well, you will NOT find 10 ppl, not even 5 who you could trust with that kind of thing, in a perfect world my suggestion would work, but this world is far from being perfect.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:45 pm

BigBird wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
BigBird wrote:
memfisking wrote:

Shove your little metaphors (you know chirping etc.) up ... you know the rest!

... having said that, yes this topic intersts me the most at the moment, I am a hard core footage collector, of course i do collect rare audio too as well as photos, but footage is to me the number one, naturally I would post on those topics, especially if it is about "new" footage like this very thread, which I opend myself.

So what is your excuse?

My post was meant in jest, relax.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:51 pm

[quote="BigBird"][quote="ale"]Now, here is a suggestion, why do you not form a group, invite 10 elvis fans to chip in, if everybody chips in 300 Euros, you could bid 3000 euros and probably bid out everybody, then you make a transfer and share it within that group.

Damn thats a good idea i know lots of film colletors :facep: and i still got time :D