Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
epf wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
epf wrote:Got my tickets for Groningen :D

Im goin to groningen aswell :D

Cool :D

Already got your tickets?

Not yet, my grandmother been dying to go with me and decided to buy tickets for both of us, so all i have to do is show up :D

Good for you! I think it is going to be a family thing for me, too :) . I love it when we go out together, sharing the same experience. Quite nice.

Re: 'Elvis Presley - On Stage' European Tour 2014

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:08 am

'ELVIS PRESLEY – ON STAGE' ADDITIONAL TOUR DATES FOR APRIL & MAY 2014

Thurs 24 April NEW - REYKJAVIK, ICELAND, Eldborg Hall Buy Tickets

Mon 2 June NEW - Le Grand Space Rex, Paris, France Details coming soon

Brian

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:13 am

epf wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
epf wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
epf wrote:Got my tickets for Groningen :D

Im goin to groningen aswell :D

Cool :D

Already got your tickets?

Not yet, my grandmother been dying to go with me and decided to buy tickets for both of us, so all i have to do is show up :D

Good for you! I think it is going to be a family thing for me, too :) . I love it when we go out together, sharing the same experience. Quite nice.

well my grandma has the tickets so its official im goin :)

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:42 pm

i doubt it´s going to be a profitable success.
starting in 1999, i´ve seen the show a few times, so i must have liked it quite a lot.
the main attraction has always been to watch the original performers in person in concert. people, that every fan had known for many years via fotos and video.
of course, the show was build around elvis as the central point, but i´ve known the video clips for what felt like ages and - after the first time - these weren´t my reason for going there anymore. i went for millie (1st tour), sylvia, estelle and myrna, james, john, ronnie, jerry, glen and joe, the stamps and would have hoped for charlie as well. i think, many spectators felt that way.
i do understand, the original team won´t and can´t tour forever (for obvious reasons).
you may understand, that i´m not going to spend my hard earned money for a movie i watched a dozen times before (and that´s what it is for me, now, that the initial members are gone).

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Christopher wrote:i doubt it´s going to be a profitable success.
starting in 1999, i´ve seen the show a few times, so i must have liked it quite a lot.
the main attraction has always been to watch the original performers in person in concert. people, that every fan had known for many years via fotos and video.
of course, the show was build around elvis as the central point, but i´ve known the video clips for what felt like ages and - after the first time - these weren´t my reason for going there anymore. i went for millie (1st tour), sylvia, estelle and myrna, james, john, ronnie, jerry, glen and joe, the stamps and would have hoped for charlie as well. i think, many spectators felt that way.
i do understand, the original team won´t and can´t tour forever (for obvious reasons).
you may understand, that i´m not going to spend my hard earned money for a movie i watched a dozen times before (and that´s what it is for me, now, that the initial members are gone).

It's nearly a sell-out in the UK already - 23 dates. I don't mind if the original musicians/singers are not there. The new ones are all excellent and play with a lot energy.

Brian

Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:

It's nearly a sell-out in the UK already - 23 dates. I don't mind if the original musicians/singers are not there. The new ones are all excellent and play with a lot energy.

Brian

+1

Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:52 pm

An additional concert had been added at the Hammersmith Apollo for 3.30 p.m. on Saturday, 24th May. Box Office 0844 249 1000.

Brian 8)

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:53 pm

Additional concerts had been added at:

Hammersmith Apollo for 3.30 p.m. on Saturday, 24th May. Box Office 0844 249 1000.

Bridgewater Hall - Manchester on Saturday 17th May at 4 p.m. Box Office 0844 907 9000.

Brian 8)

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:58 am

I'm a huge Elvis fan and I had no idea about the concerts; the first I heard of it was as an anniversary concert in 1999 in Memphis, which is probably what kicked it off (heard about that some months or years after it happened)

I thought it was a one time only thing, at the moment. A few more years passed by and I had no clue; not even thought I bought the "World Tour 1999" cd; I don't know why I never gave the title much thought, but probably because when I first played it I thought it would be as how the concert sounded at the FedEx forum in Memphis but not a rehash of the original recordings; needless to say I've never played it since.

About the time of the world economic collapse is when I read that Elvis was still touring, which is something I was amazed at; and I live on an island which sadly isn't UK because then I could have gone to a few concerts; past few years I've been broke (I'm a student) so last summer I worked like a pig and saved up and bought tickets to both London shows and already have a reservation at a cheap hotel in London (I'm a total scrooge).

Now the concert is coming to my little island and I couldn't be happier - even though I'm not going to see the concert twice as I would have in London, but at least I'll see it once in Reykjavik; but sad thing is they haven't even posted anything on their site. Hopefully the press will stay mum until after Christmas, because I want to buy my family tickets to the concert and I don't want them to know that the concert is coming - just like probably 99,9999999% of the population in Iceland has no idea that Elvis is still touring ....but when the population will find out then the concert hall is going to be packed through the roof (it wouldn't surprise me if at least two additional shows will be added - at least I hope so!)

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Leicester now sold out.

Brian

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Southend and Nottingham now sold out.

Brian
Last edited by Brian Quinn on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Tigurinn wrote:

I'm a huge Elvis fan and I had no idea about the concerts; the first I heard of it was as an anniversary concert in 1999 in Memphis, which is probably what kicked it off (heard about that some months or years after it happened)

I thought it was a one time only thing, at the moment. A few more years passed by and I had no clue; not even thought I bought the "World Tour 1999" cd; I don't know why I never gave the title much thought, but probably because when I first played it I thought it would be as how the concert sounded at the FedEx forum in Memphis but not a rehash of the original recordings; needless to say I've never played it since.

About the time of the world economic collapse is when I read that Elvis was still touring, which is something I was amazed at; and I live on an island which sadly isn't UK because then I could have gone to a few concerts; past few years I've been broke (I'm a student) so last summer I worked like a pig and saved up and bought tickets to both London shows and already have a reservation at a cheap hotel in London (I'm a total scrooge).

Now the concert is coming to my little island and I couldn't be happier - even though I'm not going to see the concert twice as I would have in London, but at least I'll see it once in Reykjavik; but sad thing is they haven't even posted anything on their site. Hopefully the press will stay mum until after Christmas, because I want to buy my family tickets to the concert and I don't want them to know that the concert is coming - just like probably 99,9999999% of the population in Iceland has no idea that Elvis is still touring ....but when the population will find out then the concert hall is going to be packed through the roof (it wouldn't surprise me if at least two additional shows will be added - at least I hope so!)

this concert is not the same concert as back then.. this is the new production tested in 2011 without any of the people who worked with elvis
phpBB [video]

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Its Great for those who have not seen the concert with the tcb guys and those that want a good night out, For me its a no go this time purely as I didn't like the youtube previews I had seen, The new band didnt do it for me and without the original cast id rather stick a dvd on save my cash.
credit to epe they do manage to get every last penny out of the fans :roll:

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:00 pm

I've seen the original show with the TCB Band etc so i'm going to see this tour when it comes to Preston more out of curiosity than anything else.I've heard different views from people who saw the new version in Memphis some love it some don't.So this is possibly the last time i'll be going.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:13 pm

As an "EXPERIENCE" IS THIS more convincing than the original ELVIS THE CONCERT show ? more believable ? better sound ?

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:55 am

Five new dates in Germany have been added to the European Tour 2014 as follows:

2.6. 2014 – Berlin, Admiralspalast

4.6. 2014 – Hamburg, Congress Centre

5.6. 2014 – Halle / Saale, Georg Friedrich Händel

6.6. 2014 – München, Circus Krone

7.6. 2014 – Mainz, Rheingoldhalle

Information supplied by www.elvismatters.com.

Brian

Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Amazing that the concerts are selling out HALF A YEAR ! before they are going to play, I think it is pretty safe to say that they are going to be a huge succes. I wish they would inform us about which contries they will visit, so we know if we should by tickets for another country now, or wait for that tickets closer to our home are being offered for sale.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Milton Keynes now sold out.

Brian

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:30 pm

No TCB band
No imperials
No Sweet inspirations
no Stamps
i don't care, i go for Elvis

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:16 pm

While there was an emotional connection to go to a performance with the original Band and back up musicians, the show will even now give you an idea what it sounded like to hear and "see Elvis" on stage.
A DVD can never really give you the feel of a live band, and also, as you are with a crowd of people of like minded people, the enthusiasm (sometimes even before the performance starts)does make for a good experience.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:01 pm

alanfalk wrote:I wish they would inform us about which contries they will visit, so we know if we should by tickets for another country now, or wait for that tickets closer to our home are being offered for sale.

Totally agree!

I bought tickets for both shows in London, and now the show is coming to my hometown. Now I'm torn between going to the show in my country and also going to London, with all the expenses that that involves, or trying to sell my tickets somehow.

I'm inclined towards selling them but man, it's annoying not having known this way before

[Update: I've decided to sell them and the link to that is in my signature, just below. Please pm me if you are interested]
Last edited by Tigurinn on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:58 pm

I have just red that they are planing on putting up a show in Denmark :D if they can come to an agreement,so maybe they plan the tour like they did with the real Elvis concerts,that is selling tickets (or the right to sell tickets) one place (in this case one country) at a time, and moving on when that country are finished with setting up concerts.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Possible Belgian concerts for the 2014 Tour:

http://www.elvismatters.com/index.php?p ... s&id=11075

Brian

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:29 pm

No TCB band
No imperials
No Sweet inspirations
No Stamps

Yes talking people
Yes waiting

Sorry, but I'd rather prefer a dvd with 7.1 surround on my own projector screen.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Tigurinn wrote:

Did you get tickets for your family ? If so, how did they react ?
And do you know how the sale is going at the place of the old sagas .