Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 'Elvis Presley - On Stage' European Tour 2014

Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:08 pm

alanfalk wrote:Did you get tickets for your family ? If so, how did they react ?
And do you know how the sale is going at the place of the old sagas .

Well, they knew. There was an article written in one newspaper about it (on the last page and not very noticeable) and my brother, who doesn't live at home, phoned home to tell me about it because he noticed; and thought I hadn't :D

So it sadly didn't come as a surprise to them. But when I told my best friend that I wouldn't be going to the concerts in London (I'm too stingy), his jaw dropped. I told him it was coming to our home country and he had no idea. And frankly, I'm surprised that the venue is almost sold out seeing as I think most people here don't know about it - but the tickets are sold through a website, which is like Ticketmaster, so I think many may have seen the text "Elvis Presley On Stage" and thought "Oh god, not another impersonator or tribute 'artist''" (even though that is very rare) but clicked on it because of curiosity and been pleasantly surprised to learn it was the real deal.

But I'm bummed out that the article seems to be it in regards to advertise the event; and I remember distinctly that there wasn't even a photo of Elvis that accompanied the article. This should be a huge deal seeing as I sense that my country is infested with Beatles-mania.

I was even thinking that I might import the show after seeing it in London and doing what the Colonel did for the Elvis shows! He absolutely knew how to advertise and create immense excitement; which is sadly totally not the case here. But I'm very worried that there will be news crews after or before the show in April and taking interviews ...because the chairman of the only fan club here (not recognized by EPE, luckily) always dressed up in a jumpsuit and most members of the few people in the club are intellectually challenged (not joking about that - you can hear that when they speak; as they did in a radio interview this summer, which most of those who work with me heard .....that was not a good day to be an Elvis fan)

But here's a direct link to the site that sells the tickets: https://midi.is/sale/tickets.aspx?s=%2b ... 3d&l=en-gb

Oh, and I was absolutely ready with my credit card the minute when they started the sale only to find out most premium seats weren't sold (luckily though I got one for myself and my father, who likes Elvis) and I bought the cheap seats for my mother and brother who are indifferent about him ...I was refreshing my browser like crazy, so either those seats were sold in a pre-sale or reserved

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:44 pm

A new concert date has been added for Iceland on Wednesday, 23rd April, 2014 at the Eldborg Hall, Reykjavic. This is in addition to the one already announced for the 24th which is now Sold Out. Also the concert now visits Belgium on 31st May, 2014 at the Kursaal Oostende.

Further, the 8 p.m. concert on Saturday, 24th May, 2014 at the Hammersmith Apollo is now Sold Out.

Brian
Last edited by Brian Quinn on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:34 pm

I am not surprised the venue is quickly sold-out in the UK cause the UK was always very much into Elvis.
Even more then the average US citizen. Besides that still lots of folks missed out on Elvis during the
early years of the EIC tour because it then only came to the big cities. And...still everyday Elvis is
discovered by new fans and injected with the "Elvis fever" to go see the man.

I myself said a while ago that i will only visit an Elvis concert again when it is done with a hologram.
That is the best thing to a real life experience of the man. What is presented now is just another
idea of "milking the cow while it last". This time it is only Elvis on a huge curtain instead of a screen.
And seeing the band behind and trough the curtain is for me disturbing...

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:34 am

I wish they would inform us about which contries they will visit, so we know if we should by tickets for another country now, or wait for that tickets closer to our home are being offered for sale.

I think it is safe to say any country is possible except the US!!

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:36 am

Brian Quinn wrote:A new concert date has been added for Iceland on Wednesday, 23rd April, 2014 at the Eldborg Hall, Reykjavic. This is in addition to the one already announced for the 24th. Also the concert now visits Belgium on 31st May, 2014 at the Kursaal Oostende.

Further, the 8 p.m. concert on Saturday, 24th May, 2014 at the Hammersmith Apollo is now Sold Out.

Brian

its SOLD OUT...because we bought tickets Brian!~ :wink: :wink: 8)

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:21 pm

YDKM wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:A new concert date has been added for Iceland on Wednesday, 23rd April, 2014 at the Eldborg Hall, Reykjavic. This is in addition to the one already announced for the 24th. Also the concert now visits Belgium on 31st May, 2014 at the Kursaal Oostende.

Brian

its SOLD OUT...because we bought tickets Brian!~ :wink: :wink: 8)

Looking forward to it Geoff.

Brian :D

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Ipswich now sold out.

Brian :D

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:35 pm

I don't see the point of Elvis In Concert if it isn't the TCB band, Sweet Inspirations, Imperials and the Stamps that are involved. When they were involved you knew that Elvis would have been satisfied with any music they could produce. But with these new guys, Elvis probably would have felt it an insult to be backed by them.

It's very suspicious that they don't even give the names of the new musicians. They could just be taken off the street.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:17 pm

charro1971 wrote:I don't see the point of Elvis In Concert if it isn't the TCB band, Sweet Inspirations, Imperials and the Stamps that are involved.

respectfully to all of Elvis` original band members...I suggest you check their birthdates for a good clue :wink:

charro1971 wrote:It's very suspicious that they don't even give the names of the new musicians. They could just be taken off the street.

Yeah I`m sure that`s exactly what happened :roll:

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 pm

charro1971 wrote:I don't see the point of Elvis In Concert if it isn't the TCB band, Sweet Inspirations, Imperials and the Stamps that are involved. When they were involved you knew that Elvis would have been satisfied with any music they could produce. But with these new guys, Elvis probably would have felt it an insult to be backed by them.

It's very suspicious that they don't even give the names of the new musicians. They could just be taken off the street.

i go for ELVIS don't care about the musicians

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:32 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
charro1971 wrote:I don't see the point of Elvis In Concert if it isn't the TCB band, Sweet Inspirations, Imperials and the Stamps that are involved.

respectfully to all of Elvis` original band members...I suggest you check their birthdates for a good clue :wink:

charro1971 wrote:It's very suspicious that they don't even give the names of the new musicians. They could just be taken off the street.

Yeah I`m sure that`s exactly what happened :roll:

Age has nothing to do with it..
They can still play, They still wanna play.. so why not let them play for aslong as possible?? it's not like they get a second life to do so.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Looking forward to the first reviews.
Didnt buy a ticket yet.

As far as new musicians go, the previous tour didnt suffer with nathan East and Paul Leim.
In fact they did great.
As legendary as the tcb band is, at a certain point its time to move on I guess.
Elvis is ultimately what counts, hopefully also in future decades..

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:35 am

Johnny2523 wrote:Age has nothing to do with it..

as much as I admire all the musicians who played with Elvis...this is a big factor in the current tour, however Robert`s post speaks volumes below;

Robert wrote:As far as new musicians go, the previous tour didnt suffer with nathan East and Paul Leim.In fact they did great.As legendary as the tcb band is, at a certain point its time to move on I guess.

all of us have no choice :wink:

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:29 pm

'ELVIS PRESLEY – ON STAGE' - TOUR DATES 2014

Wed April 23, 2014 Reykjavik, Iceland - Eldborg Hall

Thur April 24, 2014 Reykjavik, Iceland - Eldborg Hall - SOLD OUT

Sun April 27, 2014 Dublin, Ireland - Bord Gais Energy Theatre - SOLD OUT

Mon April 28, 2014 Belfast, Ireland - Waterfront Hall Auditorium

Wed April 30, 2014 Sheffield, United Kingdom - City Hall (Stalls 1/Circle 1 + Balcony)

Thu May 1, 2014 Newcastle, United Kingdom - City Hall - SOLD OUT

Fri May 2, 2014 Dundee, Scotland - Caird Hall (Stalls + Circle Balcony)

Sat May 3, 2014 Edinburgh, Scotland - Playhouse (Balcony 9)

Sun May 4, 2014 Glasgow, Scotland - Clyde Auditorium (Rear Circle)

Mon May 5, 2014 Liverpool, United Kingdom - Philharmonic Hall - SOLD OUT

Wed May 7, 2014 Preston, United Kingdom - Guild Hall (Block E 5)

Thu May 8, 2014 Nottingham, United Kingdom - Royal Concert Hall - SOLD OUT

Fri May 9, 2014 Ipswich, United Kingdom - Regent Theatre- SOLD OUT

Sat May 10, 2014 Brighton, United Kingdom - Centre - SOLD OUT

Sun May 11, 2014 Plymouth, United Kingdom - Pavilion - SOLD OUT

Tue May 13, 2014 Bristol, United Kingdom - Colston Hall (Stalls 3/Balcony 3)

Wed May 14, 2014 Southend, United Kingdom - Cliffs Pavilion - SOLD OUT

Thu May 15, 2014 Bournemouth, United Kingdom - International Centre (BIC) (Terrace 3/Balcony + R/Side Balcony)

Fri May 16, 2014 Cardiff, Wales - Motorpoint Arena (Block 3 - 1/Block 8 - 8/Block 5 - 4/ Block 7)

Sat May 17, 2014 Manchester, United Kingdom, - Bridgewater Hall (4 p.m. Show) (Centre Gallery Right - 3)

Sat May 17, 2014 Manchester, United Kingdom - Bridgewater Hall (8 p.m. Show) - SOLD OUT

Sun May 18, 2014 Milton Keynes, United Kingdom - Milton Keynes Theatre - SOLD OUT

Tue May 20, 2014 York, United Kingdom - York Barbican - SOLD OUT

Wed May 21, 2014 Leicester, United Kingdom - De Montfort Hall - SOLD OUT

Thu May 22, 2014 Oxford, United Kingdom - New Theatre (Balcony)

Fri May 23, 2014 Birmingham, United Kingdom - Symphony Hall - SOLD OUT

Sat May 24, 2014 London, United Kingdom - Hammersmith Apollo (3.30 p.m. Show) (Circle Block 2 - 4)/Circle Block 3/Circle Block 4 - 2/Circle Blocks 5and 6/ Circle Block 8 - 3/Circle Block 10 - 2)

Sat May 24, 2014 London, United Kingdom - Hammersmith Apollo ( 8 p.m. Show) SOLD OUT

Sun May 25, 2014 London, United Kingdom - Hammersmith Apollo (Stalls/Circle Block 3 - 3/Circle Block 4 - 3/Circle Blocks 5, 7 and 11)

Wed May 28, 2014 Groningen, Netherlands - De Oosterpoort

Thur May 29, 2014 Utrecht, Netherlands - Vredenburg Leidsche Rijn

Fri May 30, 2014 Tilburg, Netherlands - 013

Sat May 31, 2014 NEW - Oostende, Belgium - Kursaal Oostende

Mon June 2, 2014 Berlin, Germany - Admiral Spalast

Wed June 4, 2014 Hamburg, Germany - CCH (SAAAL 2)

Thur June 5, 2014 Halle (SAAALE), Germany - Georg-Freidrich-Handel

Fri June 6, 2014 Munich, Germany - Circus Krone

Sat June 7, 2014 Mainz, Germany - Rheingoldhalle

Mon June 9, 2014 Paris, France - Le Grand Rex

I only have access to ticket sales in the UK. The above is the current state of play as of 5th March, 2014.

Brian

Re: 'Elvis Presley - On Stage' Tour 2014

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:07 pm

The 4 p.m. Concert at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester on Saturday, 17th May, 2014 is now sold out in addition to the 8 p.m. concert.

Brian

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 pm

can't believe this has come round so quick....20th May at The Barbican......bring it on!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Looking forward to this show coming to Canada, hopefully soon.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:37 pm

Cardiff, Plymouth and Preston now sold out.

Brian

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Sheffield and Edinburgh now sold out.

Brian

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Musicians that aren't famous!!!

They must be TERRIBLE then.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Bill Tanner wrote:

Musicians that aren't famous!!!

They must be TERRIBLE then.

On the contrary, they are all top session musicians and singers. I believe Shane Keister is on piano and he worked with Elvis on record in 1976 and on tour.

Brian
Last edited by Brian Quinn on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:48 am

there is still around 100 tickets for edinburgh...

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi, I am going down to the concert in Edinburgh.I was wondering if there is going to be a after show disco.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Wonder if it will EVER come to Canada....................???? Here's hoping it will!!!! I've seen all the big ones in Memphis from '97 and totally loved the 35th!!!! Saw one in Seattle in '01......needed to be louder!!!! The sound was awesome at the Memphis events!!!!! Don't fret about not having the TCB Band, Inspirations, Stamps, etc. there -it'll still be great!!! I thought the drummer and some of the other guitarists at the 35th were fabulous!!!!! (DJ was there for the 50's) The originals are either getting older, doing other gigs (with imps) or just retiring.............this show can go on forever and introduce new fans to the power of Elvis.....................let's embrace it!!!!!.................. :D :D :D

Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:41 am

Canada has a much better chance than the U.S. for sure. Really don't understand why EPE continues to ignore the deep south(Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama etc.) where arguably Elvis was most popular.