Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:36 am

Joe Car wrote:We are talking about Elvis Presley. Just like singer-songwriters felt honored and fortunate to have Elvis record their music years ago when he was alive, is probably the same way these artists view doing a duet with him, even it it is through modern technology. He wasn't called the King for nothing!! ::rocks



Why don't we all do a duet with Elvis and post it?

It'll be fun. And I would be honored.

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 am

ekenee wrote:
Joe Car wrote:We are talking about Elvis Presley. Just like singer-songwriters felt honored and fortunate to have Elvis record their music years ago when he was alive, is probably the same way these artists view doing a duet with him, even it it is through modern technology. He wasn't called the King for nothing!! ::rocks



Why don't we all do a duet with Elvis and post it?

It'll be fun. And I would be honored.



Now your just being a knob !
tell you what for an easy life everyone else will hate duets because you do :shock: :oops: and while we are at it anything else you want us to hate to make you happy !!! :facep:

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:25 am

Rob wrote:I have a granddaughter that just turned two. She has no idea who the woman is. I think a kid can't grow up without knowing who Susan Boyle is.

I imagine that when this duet with Elvis is released, she'll still be as good looking as she always was -- just older.


I laughed really loud. And I hit the thanks button. Then I felt guilty.

rjm

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:54 am

Don't you think you naysayers have made your point now? Its clear you don't like duets so why not now quietly move on and leave this thread to the people who are actually looking forward to this release?

elvisonline

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 am

rocknroller wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Joe Car wrote:We are talking about Elvis Presley. Just like singer-songwriters felt honored and fortunate to have Elvis record their music years ago when he was alive, is probably the same way these artists view doing a duet with him, even it it is through modern technology. He wasn't called the King for nothing!! ::rocks



Why don't we all do a duet with Elvis and post it?

It'll be fun. And I would be honored.



Now your just being a knob !
tell you what for an easy life everyone else will hate duets because you do :shock: :oops: and while we are at it anything else you want us to hate to make you happy !!! :facep:


I'll tell you what I will do.

I will amend what I wrote, because you are having trouble getting me.

Duets are ok.

I hate fake duets.

Does that help?

And just so I don't leave you out, what song would you like me to fake-duet with Elvis on? You get first choice.

Since everyone loves fake duets, lets flood the market with them.

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:58 am

I'd rather have a fake duet than a new Spancocks remix or the Viva Elvis thing.

But NOBODY's forced to listen to the results anyway. So cool it, folks!

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 am

ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Joe Car wrote:We are talking about Elvis Presley. Just like singer-songwriters felt honored and fortunate to have Elvis record their music years ago when he was alive, is probably the same way these artists view doing a duet with him, even it it is through modern technology. He wasn't called the King for nothing!! ::rocks



Why don't we all do a duet with Elvis and post it?

It'll be fun. And I would be honored.



Now your just being a knob !
tell you what for an easy life everyone else will hate duets because you do :shock: :oops: and while we are at it anything else you want us to hate to make you happy !!! :facep:



I will amend what I wrote, because you are having trouble getting me.




Oh i get you,you a one of life's eternal moaners !!!

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:15 am

rocknroller wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Joe Car wrote:We are talking about Elvis Presley. Just like singer-songwriters felt honored and fortunate to have Elvis record their music years ago when he was alive, is probably the same way these artists view doing a duet with him, even it it is through modern technology. He wasn't called the King for nothing!! ::rocks



Why don't we all do a duet with Elvis and post it?

It'll be fun. And I would be honored.



Now your just being a knob !
tell you what for an easy life everyone else will hate duets because you do :shock: :oops: and while we are at it anything else you want us to hate to make you happy !!! :facep:



I will amend what I wrote, because you are having trouble getting me.




Oh i get you,you a one of life's eternal moaners !!!


It's called standards.

And wake up, it's not a real duet. IT's FAKE!!!! Do you get that?

It's just a house wife singing along with Elvis.

If that's all it takes to entertain you, great. Enjoy it.

Myself, I will wait for something good to come along.

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Read in the newspaper today that this is 3rd favourite for the Christmas no. 1 spot :|

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:18 pm

elvisonline wrote:Don't you think you naysayers have made your point now? Its clear you don't like duets so why not now quietly move on and leave this thread to the people who are actually looking forward to this release?

elvisonline


In the end, nobody wins, unless everybody wins !!!

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 am

Bring it on Susan,look forward to it

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:31 am

Dear oh dear oh dear!!! 4 pages of Elvis and Susan Boyle....what the hell is this forum coming to?!?!?!?!?!.........

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:14 am

you cant beat Susan when she tries

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 am

minkahed wrote:
elvisonline wrote:Don't you think you naysayers have made your point now? Its clear you don't like duets so why not now quietly move on and leave this thread to the people who are actually looking forward to this release?

elvisonline


In the end, nobody wins, unless everybody wins !!!


I know, very sad this board at times. Makes me wonder if some people on this board actually have a life outside of their Elvis hobby.

It also makes me ponder the question of what actually killed Elvis. The death of his mother, boredom, Priscilla split, the drugs or THE FANS! When Elvis said in 1972 that it is very hard to live up to an image I often think it was a cry for help. It was completely overlooked at the time because he looked fantastic and still gave mostly outstanding concerts. But when you look at it in retrospect, it was his crazed fans that drove him to self destruct as much as the other things mentioned.

It was the constant pressure of having to be Elvis Presley 24/7/52 that plagued him so badly and I still see strong evidence today of the idiots that caused his demise on this very bored (spelt incorrectly deliberately as that's what I am with the members continually trying to spoil this thread even tho they have made their point).


Now go play somewhere else children.

elvisonline

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:03 am

elvisonline wrote:
minkahed wrote:
elvisonline wrote:Don't you think you naysayers have made your point now? Its clear you don't like duets so why not now quietly move on and leave this thread to the people who are actually looking forward to this release?

elvisonline


In the end, nobody wins, unless everybody wins !!!


I know, very sad this board at times. Makes me wonder if some people on this board actually have a life outside of their Elvis hobby.

It also makes me ponder the question of what actually killed Elvis. The death of his mother, boredom, Priscilla split, the drugs or THE FANS! When Elvis said in 1972 that it is very hard to live up to an image I often think it was a cry for help. It was completely overlooked at the time because he looked fantastic and still gave mostly outstanding concerts. But when you look at it in retrospect, it was his crazed fans that drove him to self destruct as much as the other things mentioned.

It was the constant pressure of having to be Elvis Presley 24/7/52 that plagued him so badly and I still see strong evidence today of the idiots that caused his demise on this very bored (spelt incorrectly deliberately as that's what I am with the members continually trying to spoil this thread even tho they have made their point).


Now go play somewhere else children.

elvisonline


Gee, that is insightful.

And all along I just thought it was people with bad taste.

I thought that was what killed Elvis.

Fans that loved his bad movies in the 60's.
Fans that bought every record no matter if was good or bad.
Fans that went to his shows in 1976 and screamed and didn't notice he was putting on a poor show.
Fans that will buy any piece of crap put in front of them including FAKE duets. Yeah, it's fake.

How can artist survive when his own fandom has no standards for the product he puts out.
In fact Elvis didn't have to do anything, just show up.

Fans like that killed Elvis. Yep.

I'll be out back playing. But I will return.

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 am

An ugly talent contest winner / karaoke singer to 'duet' with the greatest EVER entertainer???!!!! GOD forbid. Has it come to THIS??

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:46 am

Tony.. wrote:An ugly talent contest winner / karaoke singer to 'duet' with the greatest EVER entertainer???!!!! GOD forbid. Has it come to THIS??


Tony, your words are so harsh. She is a very talented woman with an incredible voice. Yes she won a talent contest but she deserved to be discovered.

Unfortunately, Elvis died in 1977 so fake duets are as good as we are going to get now.

Maybe the anti duet hate brigade should have their own thread and leave this one to the members who are looking forward to hearing something new and different.

elvisonline

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:47 am

Tony.. wrote:An ugly talent contest winner / karaoke singer to 'duet' with the greatest EVER entertainer???!!!! GOD forbid. Has it come to THIS??


Tony.. don't let these negative Nellie's lead you to believe that this is it.

To them, something new and different trumps something fantastic.

I think if they want to really do a duet let the contest winner of Idol or X or whatever, Susan duet with
the latest winner of the Elvis tribute artist contest.
That way it will at least be a real duet, both sung by contest winners.

Now mind you, this would still be horrid, but at least they would not have messed with Elvis' stuff.

Tony.. you gonna do a fake duet with Elvis soon?

We need to start a thread and get this thing rolling since unbeknowst to me, Elvis fans love fake duets.

And as luck would have it, it doesn't matter who the fake duet is with. Anyone can join in and post their fake duets.

I have a flu this week, so I can't do it.

I can't wait for this to take off. Everybody will fake duet with Elvis.

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:52 am

elvisonline wrote:Maybe the anti duet hate brigade should have their own thread and leave this one to the members who are looking forward to hearing something new and different.

elvisonline


This is the correct thread for those who want to discuss the duet, whether they love or hate the idea. It would be a dull forum if only one viewpoint was represented.

When considering what is appropriate for Elvis' legacy, it's inevitable that fans will have different ideas.

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 am

TJ wrote:
elvisonline wrote:Maybe the anti duet hate brigade should have their own thread and leave this one to the members who are looking forward to hearing something new and different.

elvisonline


This is the correct thread for those who want to discuss the duet, whether they love or hate the idea. It would be a dull forum if only one viewpoint was represented.

When considering what is appropriate for Elvis' legacy, it's inevitable that fans will have different ideas.


I believe that too but once your point has been made there is no need to keep repeating the same old drivel.

I could understand if Sony were to completely remove Elvis master from history but you can guarantee that it will appear on at least 5 new Christmas albums in the next 10 years.

See the duet for what it is please.

Certain people on this board are so very closed in their views towards new Elvis product. The same happened with Viva Elvis where some of the tracks were actually very good.

Stick to your masters people while some of us can continue to embrace something new.

elvisonline

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Coming soon.....
Herbert Von Karajan does a 'duet' with S Club 7.
'Banksy' gets to paint over the top of an original Michealangelo,
Martin Lawrence gets to 'act' in a film alongside Sir John Gielgud.
Susan Doyle enters a modelling contest alongside Marilyn Monroe.

The world's gone mad: MAD I say!!!

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Tony.. wrote:Coming soon.....
Herbert Von Karajan does a 'duet' with S Club 7.
'Banksy' gets to paint over the top of an original Michealangelo,
Martin Lawrence gets to 'act' in a film alongside Sir John Gielgud.
Susan Doyle enters a modelling contest alongside Marilyn Monroe.

The world's gone mad: MAD I say!!!


I think elvisonline will embrace these ideas. They are certainly very new.

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:13 pm

ekenee wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Coming soon.....
Herbert Von Karajan does a 'duet' with S Club 7.
'Banksy' gets to paint over the top of an original Michealangelo,
Martin Lawrence gets to 'act' in a film alongside Sir John Gielgud.
Susan Doyle enters a modelling contest alongside Marilyn Monroe.

The world's gone mad: MAD I say!!!


I think elvisonline will embrace these ideas. They are certainly very new.


LOL. His Susan Coyle loyalty will be tested to the limit by us purists! :wink:

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Maybe you purists could make your own purist thread where you can moan to your hearts content about all the things you hate about technology and duets. I hope you have a ball.

Really looking forward to the duet and any subsequent duets.

In fact, I might even go and listen to my Christmas Duets CD followed by a main course of Viva Elvis....

....ain't life grand!

elvisonline

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:58 am

elvisonline wrote:Maybe you purists could make your own purist thread where you can moan to your hearts content about all the things you hate about technology and duets. I hope you have a ball.

Really looking forward to the duet and any subsequent duets.

In fact, I might even go and listen to my Christmas Duets CD followed by a main course of Viva Elvis....

....ain't life grand!

elvisonline


Subsequent duets? I need to get off my ass and get to work. I have product to sell.