Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:30 pm

After thinking about this more I don't think the song is good enough to be a hit record.

I don't think this duet will do anything for Elvis either positive or negative.

Most people won't even know about it.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:31 pm

I have a granddaughter that just turned two. She has no idea who the woman is. I think a kid can't grow up without knowing who Susan Boyle is.

I imagine that when this duet with Elvis is released, she'll still be as good looking as she always was -- just older.
Last edited by Rob on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't really have a problem with Susan Boyle. She has a great voice and her "rags to riches" story is a good one. And it's always good to see someone who has mild mental challenges rise to the top. I have no desire to own any of her albums but I did like her version of Lou Reed's "Perfect Day." (Reed liked her version enough that he had a hand in the making of the video for Boyle's "Perfect Day.")

The most troubling thing about the duet is that Elvis' vocal performance of "O Come All Ye Faithful" is pretty bad. Boyle's voice will totally outshine Elvis' voice. His vocal is wobbly and weak and he sounds nothing like he did a mere two years earlier. (Or even one year earlier for that matter.) This is not a performance that should be dusted off for any reason. Fortunately, the general public (and a lot of Elvis fans, sadly) don't seem to notice the difference in his voice so I guess it doesn't really matter. EPE, Inc. will continue to allow these posthumous duets as long as there is money to be made.

The lowest of the low was when they had Celine Dion ruin Elvis' finest vocal on "If I Can Dream."

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm sure it's just me, but it's just the way I am.

If Elvis didn't actually sing with a certain person, I do not want to hear it.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:28 pm

InheritTheWind wrote:
The lowest of the low was when they had Celine Dion ruin Elvis' finest vocal on "If I Can Dream."

I tell you some elvis fans are just plain f*cking deaf :roll: :facep: not only was this performance well put together in a current top of the ratings tv show and you call it lowest of the low :wtf: do you want ????????????

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:48 pm

rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

I tell you some elvis fans are just plain f*cking deaf :roll: :facep: not only was this performance well put together in a current top of the ratings tv show and you call it lowest of the low :wtf: do you want ????????????

Goodness gracious! What a response!

:wtf: do I want?

I want the integrity of Elvis' original and stunning vocal to remain intact. That's all.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:19 pm

rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

What us, real fans want, is no more fake duets for starters.

They had this technology of making it seem like Elvis was on the American Idol stage performing live.

And what did they do, they went ahead and ruined it, by putting that Celine chick up there with him.

Elvis singing the whole song by himself on the stage, THAT"S WHAT I WANT.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:37 pm

ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

They had this technology of making it seem like Elvis was on the American Idol stage performing live.

And what did they do, they went ahead and ruined it, by putting that Celine chick up there with him.

To make use of the new technology they made it appear that Elvis was singing a duet with someone in this case Celine Dion.

That's what it was for.

If they just had Elvis singing If I can dream by himself that defeats the purpose because you could get the tape of him singing it from 1968.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 pm

InheritTheWind wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

I want the integrity of Elvis' original and stunning vocal to remain intact. That's all.

Well just put on one of your elvis cd's and then you will be happier than a pig in sh*te !!!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:59 pm

brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

To make use of the new technology they made it appear that Elvis was singing a duet with someone in this case Celine Dion.

That's what it was for.

If they just had Elvis singing If I can dream by himself that defeats the purpose because you could get the tape of him singing it from 1968.

But, wasn't part of that the duet made it seem like he up there on the stage of American Idol.
It sure didn't look like he was at the Burbank studios in 1968.

It was like a hologram. Why couldn't they make it seem like he was up there live on stage by himself?
That should have been the purpose.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:03 am

ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

Here buy a dvd called the 68 comeback you will wet your pants,elvis by himself on the stage singing lots of songs,and you never know dvds like this might just catch on !!! :? :facep:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:03 am

rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

Well just put on one of your elvis cd's and then you will be happier than a pig in sh*te !!!

You miss the entire issue here.

It has nothing to do with Elvis' cd's.

We are talking about fake duets that are manufactured.

I have yet to hear one that didn't suck.

We are giving our opinions of the fake duets, then you come in and give your opinion of someone who doesn't like them.

Stick with the topic and opinionate on the topic,not on members here.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:05 am

rocknroller wrote:I tell you some elvis fans are just plain f*cking deaf :roll: :facep: not only was this performance well put together in a current top of the ratings tv show and you call it lowest of the low :wtf: do you want ????????????

rocknroller wrote:Well just put on one of your elvis cd's and then you will be happier than a pig in sh*te !!!

Today must be "Angry Day."

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 am

ekenee wrote:We are talking about fake duets that are manufactured.

I've always hated the "fake duets" thing. It's something I'll never understand. But they must be popular because they keep happening.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 am

rocknroller wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

Here buy a dvd called the 68 comeback you will wet your pants,elvis by himself on the stage singing lots of songs,and you never know dvds like this might just catch on !!! :? :facep:

Do you ever catch on here? A bit slow are we? It has nothing to do with Elvis and his cd's or dvd's. I have them all.

We are discussing the fake duets not Elvis' product.

I own all his cd's and Dvd's, and I still hate the fake duets. GET IT. Case is closed.

Why do you think if someone owns those products will suddenly appreciate the fake duets?

THe two are not related. the issue is horrible promotion.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:12 am

ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

That's what it was for.

But, wasn't part of that the duet made it seem like he up there on the stage of American Idol.

It was like a hologram. Why couldn't they make it seem like he was up there live on stage by himself?

Because they wanted something new.

Elvis doing a duet on If I can dream was something new.

They were also probably trying to introduce Elvis to younger audiences and they tried to do that by pairing him up with a much younger singer in Celine Dion.

Granted Celine Dion wasn't popular with teens and people in their early twenties but her fans are different than Elvis' fans.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 am

ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

Do you ever catch on here? A bit slow are we? It has nothing to do with Elvis and his cd's or dvd's. I have them all.

We are discussing the fake duets not Elvis' product.

I own all his cd's and Dvd's, and I still hate the fake duets. GET IT. Case is closed.

Why do you think if someone owns those products will suddenly appreciate the fake duets?

THe two are not related. the issue is horrible promotion.

Because you don't like them does not mean other fan's,or other artists fan's wont like them. Elvis singing the whole song by himself on the stage, THAT"S WHAT I WANT !!! did you not write this ? THe two are not related but you brought it up !!!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:17 am

brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

That's what it was for.

They were also probably trying to introduce Elvis to younger audiences and they tried to do that by pairing him up with a much younger singer in Celine Dion.

Granted Celine Dion wasn't popular with teens and people in their early twenties but her fans are different than Elvis' fans.

Thankyou brain you have a better way with words ! maybe he will get it now :)

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 am

brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

That's what it was for.

Something new would have been a hologram of Elvis singing on the American Idol stage. That would still be something new.

And much younger Celine??? Isn't she in her 40's or 50's or something like that. Elvis was 33 in 1968.

So, you had Elvis, looking great at 33, with an old, unattractive, anorexic, has-been singer.
And that is supposed to be fantistic?

Now, they pair Elvis up with another hottie, and wow, we all should line up??

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:32 am

ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

That's what it was for.

Something new would have been a hologram of Elvis singing on the American Idol stage. That would still be something new.

And much younger Celine??? Isn't she in her 40's or 50's or something like that. Elvis was 33 in 1968.

So, you had Elvis, looking great at 33, with an old, unattractive, anorexic, has-been singer.

What a f*cking horrible thing to say :shock: are you forgetting elvis was a unattractive has-been singer the last few years of his life.putting someone down because they are anorexic is the lowest of the low ! if you don't like Celine Dion as a singer thats all you had to say.but regardless of what ever female singer they used on If I can dream duet you will always get someone pissing and moaning over it.its hard to keep fans of a 36 year dead singer happy i guess !!!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 am

ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

That's what it was for.

Elvis singing If I can dream by himself was already done in 1968 and was already available on record and video.

Celine Dion has a lot of fans that aren't Elvis fans and most of them probably had never really paid attention to him before.

Elvis was also showcased on the then hugely popular American Idol that was watched by millions.

So you have Celine Dion fans and The American Idol audience watching this.

It was a gimmick of taking something old and trying to make it new thru technology.

It doesn't always work but I know the reason behind it.

Same thing with pairing Elvis up with Country & Western singers for duets and now Susan Boyle.

They are trying to gain Elvis new fans by attempting to make his music sound more contemporary with remixes, special effects and duets with popular singers of today.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:53 am

brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
brian wrote:
ekenee wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
InheritTheWind wrote:

That's what it was for.

Elvis singing If I can dream by himself was already done in 1968 and was already available on record and video.

Celine Dion has a lot of fans that aren't Elvis fans and most of them probably had never really paid attention to him before.

Elvis was also showcased on the then hugely popular American Idol that was watched by millions.

So you have Celine Dion fans and The American Idol audience watching this.

It was a gimmick of taking something old and trying to make it new thru technology.

It doesn't always work but I know the reason behind it.

Same thing with pairing Elvis up with Country & Western singers for duets and now Susan Boyle.

They are trying to gain Elvis new fans by attempting to make his music sound more contemporary with remixes, special effects and duets with popular singers of today.

Oh, I understand what they are "trying" to do, but it is all a bit mis-guided.

In the end, these kinds of things are all basically disasters.

They are a gimmicy way of putting Elvis out there.

And these fake duets have been around since Elvis was alive.

Recall Donna Butterworth in PHS= crap.
Recall Kid in Fun in Acapulco= crap

I like Shelly Faberes, but the duet version is no where as good as just Elvis singing "Spring fever".

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:16 am

There were probably some people that saw the Elvis and Celine Dion duet on American Idol and that caused them to take an interest in Elvis.

So I wouldn't say they all have been disasters.

All of this kinda makes me wish Elvis had done a couple of duets in the 1970s.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:37 am

brian wrote:There were probably some people that saw the Elvis and Celine Dion duet on American Idol and that caused them to take an interest in Elvis.

So I wouldn't say they all have been disasters.

All of this kinda makes me wish Elvis had done a couple of duets in the 1970s.

Put me on record as saying, I don't like duets.

I have been soured of them.

I don't ever want to hear another in my life.

They are all disasters.

FECC rocks.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:55 am

We are talking about Elvis Presley. Just like singer-songwriters felt honored and fortunate to have Elvis record their music years ago when he was alive, is probably the same way these artists view doing a duet with him, even if it is through modern technology. He wasn't called the King for nothing!! ::rocks
Last edited by Joe Car on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.