Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:
Garfield wrote:
Elfan wrote:What a promotional disaster that turned out to be!

Having predicted another number one, I wonder what Brian Quinn has to say about this now. Brian?


Quite simply the single was never promoted, apart from its launch date. Susan Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome the day she was supposed to sing it on the 'X' Factor and that was cancelled. Additional TV appearances were also cancelled including the Jonathan Ross Show. It was never going to be the Christmas No.1 but had a real chance of going to the top position the week before, especially as it turned out the single sales for that week were low. Further, it was not selling digitally and was not in the Top 50 airplay chart. Secular Christmas songs are the ones that appeal to UK listeners and there was not one religious track in the Top 200. I expect Priscilla Presley will not be too happy at the outcome but one cannot always account for such things as medical conditions. A very unfortunate situation and a real opportunity lost to get Elvis his 22nd No.1 Single in the UK. Hopefully, some children throughout the world will have gained from what little success it did have.

Brian


I think it would have had much more success if the duet with Elvis would have been Cliff.

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Bodie wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
Garfield wrote:
Elfan wrote:What a promotional disaster that turned out to be!

Having predicted another number one, I wonder what Brian Quinn has to say about this now. Brian?


Quite simply the single was never promoted, apart from its launch date. Susan Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome the day she was supposed to sing it on the 'X' Factor and that was cancelled. Additional TV appearances were also cancelled including the Jonathan Ross Show. It was never going to be the Christmas No.1 but had a real chance of going to the top position the week before, especially as it turned out the single sales for that week were low. Further, it was not selling digitally and was not in the Top 50 airplay chart. Secular Christmas songs are the ones that appeal to UK listeners and there was not one religious track in the Top 200. I expect Priscilla Presley will not be too happy at the outcome but one cannot always account for such things as medical conditions. A very unfortunate situation and a real opportunity lost to get Elvis his 22nd No.1 Single in the UK. Hopefully, some children throughout the world will have gained from what little success it did have.

Brian


I think it would have had much more success if the duet with Elvis would have been Cliff.


Cliff did ask for permission to use Elvis' voice on a duet but was turned down earlier in the year. It appears that Priscilla is reluctant to let Elvis appear on duets with male stars.

Brian

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:23 pm

to be honest.......what the hell has it got to do with Priscilla?......she's his ex

If Sony owns the music rights...doesnt it fall within their domain?

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:02 pm

debtd1 wrote:to be honest.......what the hell has it got to do with Priscilla?......she's his ex

If Sony owns the music rights...doesnt it fall within their domain?


Yes, think so. Although you would think by listening to Priscilla that they were still happily married when he died. She has made a nice career out of milking her association with Elvis and brushing over the minor fact that they were divorced!

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:04 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
debtd1 wrote:to be honest.......what the hell has it got to do with Priscilla?......she's his ex

If Sony owns the music rights...doesnt it fall within their domain?


Yes, think so. Although you would think by listening to Priscilla that they were still happily married when he died. She has made a nice career out of milking her association with Elvis and brushing over the minor fact that they were divorced!


So true poormadpeter. Maybe she has amnesia! lol

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:20 pm

debtd1 wrote:to be honest.......what the hell has it got to do with Priscilla?......she's his ex

If Sony owns the music rights...doesnt it fall within their domain?


I agree!

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:35 pm

here`s a wild thought...maybe the majority of people just didn't like it :wink: