Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 pm

A release like this won't matter in the big picture anyway. So stop nagging about it.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:59 pm

What a load of old tosh I've read here. Subo not a good singer? Maybe there are more people around here with blinkers on than I'd thought.

Let's hear the song before we judge.

And let's not forget that we still have our original versions and that will never change.

If you don't like it then don't buy!

elvisonline

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:00 pm

rockinrebel wrote:
Elvis had soul, Susan Boyle doesn't

elvis has soul on Oh Come All Ye Faithful ! :shock: :wtf:

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Susan Boyle created one of the great tv moments with her performance on BGT and has an amazing voice and seem's like a lovely woman,so for these reasons she should not be put down.as for the duet its not for me !!!

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 am

Like the Sinatra duet on "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" this will be a minor ripple in the Elvis and real world, but lets wait and see.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 am

Apparently it's going to be a track on her new album, to be released near the end of November.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Okay, but do "Winter Wonderland" or "Silver Bells" instead. No harm done, and a hit!

I play his OCAYF as the first xmas song of the year, every year.

rjm
P.S. -- Or, let her do Adesti Fidelis while he does the English. That would be okay.

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 am

Susan's first movie role is coming up this winter. It's called "The Christmas Candle". Her albums have all sold very well...how could this duet miss? It could open Elvis' music up to an entirely different audience.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:47 am

When this seasonal release is issued, I think the next project should be an electronically reprocessed stereo duet of Elvis and Bono doing "Milkcow Blues Boogie".

The famous "hold it, fellas..." spoken intro could be used as a platform for both stars to interact in the studio : "Tell me, Elvis". "Let's get real, real gone..." "Now yer talkin'" "For a change"...

Excuse me, I couldn't help it !

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:52 am

Mister Moon wrote:When this seasonal release is issued, I think the next project should be an electronically reprocessed stereo duet of Elvis and Bono doing "Milkcow Blues Boogie".

The famous "hold it, fellas..." spoken intro could be used as a platform for both stars to interact in the studio : "Tell me, Elvis". "Let's get real, real gone..." "Now yer talkin'" "For a change"...

Excuse me, I couldn't help it !

Might be a smart "next step" following the incredible success of the upcoming EP/SB duet... :smt023

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:00 am

she sucks like yoko

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:15 am

:smt078

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am

ritchie valens wrote:she sucks like yoko

Don't be suprised if Yoko doesn't do a fake duet with Elvis now that you have thrown that out there.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 am

Ah- so thats why lennon loved her !!!

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:06 am

ekenee wrote:

Don't be suprised if Yoko doesn't do a fake duet with Elvis now that you have thrown that out there.

"Hound Dog," for sure! She has EXPERIENCE! (You wanted to throw a net over her, when she was doing that, while John was really rocking the song, I swear.)

rjm

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:50 pm

I reckon it's a good move.Good for business all around and hopefully it will do well with full marketing behind it.At least Elvis' name may be on chart in December be it with a duet.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:27 am

Does anyone really want Elvis placed in the same pop category as Susan Boyle? He deserves better.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:37 am

TJ wrote:Does anyone really want Elvis placed in the same pop category as Susan Boyle? He deserves better.

I think the mere fact that we are anticipating a new Elvis release 36 years after his death is something to be proud of.

What is wrong with Susan Boyle? She is an amazing vocalist and her own rags to riches story is inspirational.

You always have your original master to listen to but don't spoil it for others who might enjoy something new.

Let's hear it first and then judge.

elvisonline

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:33 am

I'm not being defensive about the original master. I don't even much care for the original to be honest. I just question the logic of placing Elvis alongside one of the most middle-of-the-road artists in popular music. Can we hope for a Barry Manilow duet next? I care about Elvis' legacy and part of that is caring about how Elvis is perceived by younger generations. It's not realistic to expect Elvis to have a large youth following, but a duet with Susan Boyle just screams out that Elvis is a guy their grandmothers should be listening to. It would be nice to see an emphasis placed on what made Elvis cool in the first place. I can't imagine a Susan Boyle duet with John Lennon or Mick Jagger or Bob Marley or Jimi Hendrix. That is the kind of company that Elvis does belong in.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Elvis in the 70s had the middle-of-the-road sound. He covered Roger Whittaker, Perry Como, performed "Something", "What Now My Love", et. al. At least Susan covered the Rolling Stones ("Wild Horses") and did a great job with it.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Nice, if done right it could actually be a Classic :)

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:47 pm

It is intresting to se how some of you tries to make a Picture of Boyle as she was a freak and a bad singer. When someone says a bad thing about Elvis you runs to his defend, the true is Susan Boyle is a superb singer.
Neither Lennon, Jagger or Marley did Christmas albums, but Elvis did so there's the option for this release.To say that a duet with Boyle will scare off the younger generation is not true. Todays younger generation 18 to 25 yers old listen to their parents old records. In my job I meet a lot of Young people listening to Hendrix, Dylan, Stones, Led Zeppelin Neil Young and others, seldom Elvis even if they know who he was. So a duet with Susan Boyle won't harm Elvis, it can just add value if he get's Another "fresh" single out in 2013.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:24 pm

I don't understand this rhetoric about "it puts Elvis' name out there".

If you are going to put Elvis' name out there, why not do it in a positive way.

Something that is fit for his image and talent.

If not, and it doesn't matter how his name is put out there, then

maybe the thing to do is put out an album of Elvis & Elvis impersonator duets?

Or release Houston 76 on the main label?

That would get his name out there.

The Prince from another planet and Stax packages are classy items, even though there was some criticism about the sound.

That is still the way to go though for main label.

We need another really good DVD release to get people talking.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:30 pm

After thinking about this more I don't think the song is good enough to be a hit record.

I don't think this duet will do anything for Elvis either positive or negative.

Most people won't even know about it.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:31 pm

I have a granddaughter that just turned two. She has no idea who the woman is. I think a kid can't grow up without knowing who Susan Boyle is.

I imagine that when this duet with Elvis is released, she'll still be as good looking as she always was -- just older.
Last edited by Rob on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.