Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm

You can't sink any lower than this. Making money holds no bounds. But the usual ass clowns will go out and buy it, thinking it will bring Elvis back up the charts even if he sang with a barking dog...very sad! Records like this are strictly for the no-brainers.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:05 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:You can't sink any lower than this. Making money holds no bounds. But the usual ass clowns will go out and buy it, thinking it will bring Elvis back up the charts even if he sang with a barking dog...very sad! Records like this are strictly for the no-brainers.

Some truth but way too harsh - The money is going to charity and so how can that be a bad thing. For a good cause there is no such thing as exploitation. I've seen the most sensible of people willing to make a monkey of themselves for a good cause.

In any event many who have heard it say its done tastefully.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 am

FredAistair wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:You can't sink any lower than this. Making money holds no bounds. But the usual ass clowns will go out and buy it, thinking it will bring Elvis back up the charts even if he sang with a barking dog...very sad! Records like this are strictly for the no-brainers.

Some truth but way too harsh - The money is going to charity and so how can that be a bad thing. For a good cause there is no such thing as exploitation. I've seen the most sensible of people willing to make a monkey of themselves for a good cause.

In any event many who have heard it say its done tastefully.

If they would only sell Elvis ducks for charity.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 am

Are you referring to Susan Boyle as a barking dog?? I'm no fan of hers but she can sing a song. As for all the negativity ye are all taking this too seriously. Elvis himself didnt take things as serious as some on here. Except for a few times in his career when artistic merit took over, he was ok with doing things just to making money!

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:04 pm

A review from someone on Amazon UK

I received Susan's new album Home for Christmas today and just had to tell everybody how much I enjoyed it. It is the best Christmas album I have heard in quite some time. Susan just gets better and better, she sounds so polished and the tone in her voice gets richer with each new album. Not sure yet which is my favourite track, there are a couple that I have not heard before. The track with Elvis is so good and you forget what a wonderful rich voice he had.

Goes to show, whether you loathe or love them, Elvis duets with today's stars can have positive effects on the public as people forget how good he really was. I've read Katy Perry now wants to do a duet with Elvis as does Justin Timberlake. Maybe they are jumping on the band wagon but it can only be good publicity for our man and that's what we all want - as long as the duets are done well and with respect.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:15 pm

You're a star turn.... Do you have a hidden hatred of children ? You do know the proceeds are for the charity Save The Children....right.

Ass clown indeed.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:17 pm

One from Amazon US-

This CD, Susan's second holiday effort is better than the first. On "The Gift," Susan sounded like she was straining her voice. On this CD, she sounds more natural. Also, ALL the songs on this CD are holiday related, whereas "The Gift" had a couple of non-holiday songs. All of the songs here are great but the standout is her duet with Elvis on "O Come All Ye Faithful." I predict this song will become a holiday staple on the radio for years to come, much like "Little Drummer Boy" by Bing and David Bowie.

Some people love the duet, others don't.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:57 pm

daylon wrote:

You're a star turn.... Do you have a hidden hatred of children ? You do know the proceeds are for the charity Save The Children....right.

Ass clown indeed.

+1 smt179

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:00 pm

jungleroombear wrote:
daylon wrote:

Ass clown indeed.

+1 smt179

+2

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:16 pm

keninlincs wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:
daylon wrote:

Ass clown indeed.

+1 smt179

+2

+3

Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 pm

daylon wrote:

Ass clown indeed.

You are a complete ass!! Accusing me of having a "hatred of children"...you idiot!! I have nothing agaisnt children and their charities, i'm all for it. But i seriously doubt that this is the reason people are going out and buying it.

How can you so idiotically say i have a "hidden hatred of children", you don't even know me, ass clown.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:02 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
daylon wrote:

Ass clown indeed.

You are a complete ass!! Accusing me of having a "hatred of children"...you idiot!! I have nothing agaisnt children and their charities, i'm all for it. But i seriously doubt that this is the reason people are going out and buying it.

How can you so idiotically say i have a "hidden hatred of children", you don't even know me, ass clown.

And your freinds call ME angry, LOL

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:11 pm

I listened to this duet once again,but this time through headphones.
Seated in the dark the voice of Boyle was pleasant enough.
But when Elvis' voice fell in.. i got emotional... how beautiful.
Poor guy.. what could have been a "real" duet, if only.....

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:26 pm

I can't wait for the rocked out styled "duets" CD with Susan Boyle.

She sings "Hound dog", "wear my ring around your neck", "jailhouse rock", and "Hard headed woman", right along with Elvis.

Wouldn't that be cool.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:55 pm

daylon wrote:

Ass clown indeed.

Read my post again(I'll give you a clue, there was a ? at the end of the sentence)

Hmm....Sounds as If there is something sinister going on in your life old boy. And to be honest I have 2 cracking wee boys and I wouldn't want to know your kind :smt023

Now be a nice train and stay on topic.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 pm

daylon wrote:
daylon wrote:

Ass clown indeed.

Read my post again(I'll give you a clue, there was a ? at the end of the sentence)

Hmm....Sounds as If there is something sinister going on in your life old boy. And to be honest I have 2 cracking wee boys and I wouldn't want to know your kind :smt023

Now be a nice train and stay on topic.

Nothing going on in my head i'm always nice. Something you need to consider yourself. Bye for now and have a nice day.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Radio 2 has just played the duet. Straight afterwards Boy George picked Always On My Mind as part of his Tracks of his Years saying God gave him everything although he turned a bit mad.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Blimey, Jeremy Vine, on Radio 2, just played Teddy Bear. weeks/months go by without hearing an Elvis song on Radio 2 and then 3 come within 2 hours!

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:42 pm

garyt wrote:Blimey, Jeremy Vine, on Radio 2, just played Teddy Bear. weeks/months go by without hearing an Elvis song on Radio 2 and then 3 come within 2 hours!

Cheers garyt. Nice to read the song has had some airplay already.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:47 pm

garyt wrote:Blimey, Jeremy Vine, on Radio 2, just played Teddy Bear. weeks/months go by without hearing an Elvis song on Radio 2 and then 3 come within 2 hours!

You wait all year for a Wise Man . . . and then 3 come along together in December !

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 pm

She's going to be on Paul O' Grady..........

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:13 pm

The duet is #2 in Amazon singles chart; the highest it's been so far. Maybe because it was played on radio 2?

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Radio 2 plays a lot of Elvis. I hear three, four songs a week sometimes. And I'm not a big radio-listener. Elaine Paige always plays an Elvis song from one of his films on her Sunday show, usually giving a brief synopsis of the film. Last week, I think it was King of the Whole Wide World she played. The week before, All I Needed Was the Rain, if memory serves me right.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:43 pm

debtd1 wrote:She's going to be on Paul O' Grady..........

Thanks Deb. As you probably know, in the end, Susan Boyle performed "The Little Drummer Boy" on the show. The Elvis duet was only mentioned for a second, with an "Uh, uh, uh" ending that part of the interview. Maybe she won't perform the duet on the "X Factor", after all. Yet, it is her new single, so it would be logically, the one to feature (Gary Barlow plugged his latest single on there and that helped him enter the top 10).

I'm now beginning to have sight doubts if if will get to No.1 on the singles chart. It's the fact that it's a Christmas song which is well-known as a carol, that makes me thing it may not sell as much as hoped. But, it's early days and I'm no soothsayer, so let's hope it does well for all involved with it.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:46 am

I'm shocked that this has been allowed to happen, Susan Boyle is a Z-lister why on earth anybody thought this duo would work is beyond a joke. I get that Suasan Boyle is a novelty act that has caught on in the states, however her roots go back to Britains Got Talent and she was basically a joke on that show. She has a face like a bag of spanners with the juxtaposition of a better than average voice... but to tag her into the same vocal arena as Elvis is to sell the king of rock & roll down the river to the lowest bidder.

Elvis doesn't need this to boost his career, Priscilla needs to stop using cheap gimmicks to draw attention to Elvis, she should put her efforts into promoting a good Christmas song of Elvis' or find new and innovative technology like the tupac 3D video rather than pissing away Elvis' legacy by a constant stream of low level entertainers.

I'm not a believer that any publicity is good publicity, there is a danger that Elvis becomes diluted and tarnished for a quick buck!

Shame on you Priscilla, shame on you, you have finally found a way to kick Elvis in the balls and pay him back for all your Imagined hardships during your marriage. :evil: