Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:45 am

heathbarclay, can you post the link you referenced? Thank you.

Linda

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:04 pm

lovin' EP wrote:heathbarclay, can you post the link you referenced? Thank you.

Linda

Here is the link.

http://youtu.be/6EDJFm6bxHY

To me, its an Elvis fans worst nightmare.

Without realizing it, Elvis' image seems to be getting ridiculed in this video.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:05 pm

lovin' EP wrote:heathbarclay, can you post the link you referenced? Thank you.

Linda

Here you go Linda
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/watch-susan ... ng-2650788

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Steve Morse wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:here`s a preview;

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Christmas-Su ... usan+boyle

On this tiny sample, yes, Elvis's voice sounds rich and to the fore. I hope they use the bit from the alternative take where his voice rises at the end. 99% unlikely, I know, but at least he is singing solo for the reprise part and that would be much easier to use in creating a duet.

It's really not Elvis anywhere near his best though, which is a shame given that this is likely to be a high profile release.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:22 pm

The complete version of the duet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZe_rdlMSxE

This single CD is released on 9th December and the download on 8th December.The 'X' Factor single will not be released until 15th December. Looking likely that Elvis will get his 22nd UK No.1 on 15th December. On such duets both artists are credited with a No.1.

Brian 8)
Last edited by Brian Quinn on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:The complete version of the duet:

Brian

It's more susan boyle then elvis. And i dont like how its done. you can hear how they spliced elvis in.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Elvis sounds better then I expected.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't think its too bad.... Number one would be awesome.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:11 pm

TJ wrote:
Steve Morse wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:here`s a preview;

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Christmas-Su ... usan+boyle

On this tiny sample, yes, Elvis's voice sounds rich and to the fore. I hope they use the bit from the alternative take where his voice rises at the end. 99% unlikely, I know, but at least he is singing solo for the reprise part and that would be much easier to use in creating a duet.

It's really not Elvis anywhere near his best though, which is a shame given that this is likely to be a high profile release.

I totally agree with you. I'm not hearing the richness that a few members are hearing. His tremulous voice sounds damaged to me; it sounds completely different than it did the previous year. My main reservation about this release is not that it's a duet with Susan Boyle. Instead I'm annoyed that Elvis' weakened voice is so conspicuous in a high profile release. Fortunately, few people seem to notice (or care) about Elvis' vocal deterioration.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:14 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:The complete version of the duet:

Brian

It's more susan boyle then elvis. And i dont like how its done. you can hear how they spliced elvis in.

Its quite easy to remove the original music from some of Elvis recordings as they have done here.

That's how Elvis The Concert worked.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:44 pm

It's quite good - certainly could have been far worse - but I still would have preferred Elvis's vocal crescendo from the alternative take to have been used.

I see nothing wrong with Elvis's voice. I sometimes think that Elvis fans think, 'Elvis May 1971', so the vocal must be sub-par - and then hear it as such.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Steve Morse wrote:I see nothing wrong with Elvis's voice. I sometimes think that Elvis fans think, 'Elvis May 1971', so the vocal must be sub-par - and then hear it as such.

Believe me, I wish I could hear what you're hearing! :)

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:05 pm

I don't care for it, but then again I don't like his music messed around with :roll:

If it had to be done, surely an 'upbeat' song when his vocals were more on form.....and definitely an artist with more street cred.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:08 pm

I confess that I have never really seen the fuss with Susan Boyle. If she had turned up to that first audition looking as she does now, she would still be an unknown. She has become famous simply because she bucked our rather bizarre expectations that non-beautiful women can't sing. That's not her fault at all, it's our fault for falling in line with what the media have taught us to expect over the years. Don't get me wrong, she seems to be a nice, maybe slightly eccentric, woman who can sing competently. A masterful vocalist she ain't. Sadly the Elvis duet portrays this more than most of the limited amount of her recorded output I have heard, not least because she sounds more auto-tuned than Cher on Believe, which is rather unfortunate.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:Looking likely that Elvis will get his 22nd UK No.1 on 15th December.

now there is a voice of confidence...why are you so sure :wink:

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:43 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:Looking likely that Elvis will get his 22nd UK No.1 on 15th December.

now there is a voice of confidence...why are you so sure :wink:

Reasons are:

Massive publicity
Christmas Song
Charity Single for 'Save The Children' - the UK's favourite charity
Very little competition for that week's new releases which are as follows:

Alex Hepburn – Miss Misery
Arctic Monkeys – One For The Road (7”)
Arlissa – Into The Light
Big Sean – You Don't Know
Jason Derulo – Trumpets
Jessie J – Thunder
Justin Bieber – TBA 10 (one track from his new album). He is releasing one single each week from it.
Kings of Leon - Beautiful War
London Grammar – Nightall (EP)
Marika Hackman - Sugar Blind (EP )
Placebo – Loud Like Love
Selena Gomez – Slow Down

Brian

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:56 pm

I listened to this 5 times in a row with my Headphones on and my eyes closed.....I love it. :D

phpBB [video]

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:57 pm

I think all in all this project is good news for Elvis!

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Fabbe wrote:I think all in all this project is good news for Elvis!

I'll 2nd that. :wink:

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Fabbe wrote:I think all in all this project is good news for Elvis!

That is exactly what was said at an EPE board meeting when someone came up with
the ideas of an Elvis Duck, and Elvis impersonator contest.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Susan Boyle also believes she felt the spirit of Elvis Presley when she recorded his track Oh Come All Ye Faithful.

She is convinced his ghost paid her a visit while she was performing the track in the studio.

Boyle said: "I do sometimes feel his presence when I sing the song. I think he would be excited if he heard it and he liked it."

Susan further explained that Simon Cowell contacted Elvis' widow Priscilla Presley to get permission to record the track.

Contact Music further quote Boyle as saying: "My dad and my whole family were Elvis fans and she [Priscilla] gave me permission."

Susan's version of O Come All Ye Faithful will be released on December 8.

:facep: :facep: :facep: :facep:

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Steve Morse wrote:It's quite good - certainly could have been far worse - but I still would have preferred Elvis's vocal crescendo from the alternative take to have been used.

I see nothing wrong with Elvis's voice. I sometimes think that Elvis fans think, 'Elvis May 1971', so the vocal must be sub-par - and then hear it as such.

There's certainly a mish-mash of recordings from that time period... but thankfully one of my favorite Presley 70's recordings came out of it...

phpBB [video]

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Susan Boyle also believes she felt the spirit of Elvis Presley when she recorded his track Oh Come All Ye Faithful.

She is convinced his ghost paid her a visit while she was performing the track in the studio.

Boyle said: "I do sometimes feel his presence when I sing the song. I think he would be excited if he heard it and he liked it."

Susan further explained that Simon Cowell contacted Elvis' widow Priscilla Presley to get permission to record the track.

Contact Music further quote Boyle as saying: "My dad and my whole family were Elvis fans and she [Priscilla] gave me permission."

Susan's version of O Come All Ye Faithful will be released on December 8.

:facep: :facep: :facep: :facep:

I thought all pre-1973 recordings were now owned by Sony music, and Priscilla has no say in whether they use
an audio recording or not.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:49 pm

poormadpeter wrote:I confess that I have never really seen the fuss with Susan Boyle. If she had turned up to that first audition looking as she does now, she would still be an unknown. She has become famous simply because she bucked our rather bizarre expectations that non-beautiful women can't sing. That's not her fault at all, it's our fault for falling in line with what the media have taught us to expect over the years. Don't get me wrong, she seems to be a nice, maybe slightly eccentric, woman who can sing competently. A masterful vocalist she ain't. Sadly the Elvis duet portrays this more than most of the limited amount of her recorded output I have heard, not least because she sounds more auto-tuned than Cher on Believe, which is rather unfortunate.

What a load of tosh! Susan Boyle has a beautiful voice and so deserved to be discovered.

I am thankful for this release and will be very pleased if it reaches high up the charts.

elvisonline

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 am

Thanks everyone for your interesting comments. And thanks for posting the clip. It's okay, I guess. I give it about a 6 out of ten.

Linda