Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Susan Boyle to duet with elvis

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:27 am

ekenee wrote:
elvisonline wrote:Maybe you purists could make your own purist thread where you can moan to your hearts content about all the things you hate about technology and duets. I hope you have a ball.

Really looking forward to the duet and any subsequent duets.

In fact, I might even go and listen to my Christmas Duets CD followed by a main course of Viva Elvis....

....ain't life grand!

elvisonline

Subsequent duets? I need to get off my ass and get to work. I have product to sell.

Yes, subsequent duet projects. I know of a few vocals that are in the can for more duet projects in the future.

One day, computers will be able to recreate Elvis on stage or in the studio and we will be able to actually watch key moments in history unfold before our eyes. Of course, they will be recreated based on first hand accounts, photos etc. You purists won't be moaning then will you?

Me, I cannot wait for these technological marvels to improve my Elvis hobby. Imagine Ed Sullivan in full HD and in colour. It could be done now.

elvisonline

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:32 am

elvisonline wrote:
ekenee wrote:
elvisonline wrote:Maybe you purists could make your own purist thread where you can moan to your hearts content about all the things you hate about technology and duets. I hope you have a ball.

In fact, I might even go and listen to my Christmas Duets CD followed by a main course of Viva Elvis....

....ain't life grand!

elvisonline

Subsequent duets? I need to get off my ass and get to work. I have product to sell.

Yes, subsequent duet projects. I know of a few vocals that are in the can for more duet projects in the future.

One day, computers will be able to recreate Elvis on stage or in the studio and we will be able to actually watch key moments in history unfold before our eyes. Of course, they will be recreated based on first hand accounts, photos etc. You purists won't be moaning then will you?

Me, I cannot wait for these technological marvels to improve my Elvis hobby. Imagine Ed Sullivan in full HD and in colour. It could be done now.

elvisonline

Yes, I am aware of colorization and image stretching.

Not sure they can achieve high def though.

It seems the real Elvis isn't enough for you.

Anything fake or enhanced ...smoke and mirrors and gimics and camera tricks.....that's what you want isn't it?

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:17 am

ekenee wrote:
Anything fake or enhanced ...smoke and mirrors and gimics and camera tricks.....

You need to drag your old arse in to the 21st century dude ! now run along or you will miss columbo !!! :roll:

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:58 pm

ekenee wrote:
elvisonline wrote:
ekenee wrote:

....ain't life grand!

elvisonline

elvisonline

Anything fake or enhanced ...smoke and mirrors and gimics and camera tricks.....that's what you want isn't it?

If you knew me you really wouldn't be saying this.

The fact that I embrace technology and welcome anything new does not mean that I like the real thing any less than the next fan.

It's called having an open mind. You may wish to try it some time. You may find that it makes a dull life much more interesting :)

elvisonline

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 pm

elvisonline wrote:
ekenee wrote:
elvisonline wrote:
ekenee wrote:

....ain't life grand!

elvisonline

elvisonline

The fact that I embrace technology and welcome anything new does not mean that I like the real thing any less than the next fan.

It's called having an open mind. You may wish to try it some time. You may find that it makes a dull life much more interesting :)

elvisonline

There more real Elvis product out there, that I couldn't even hope to keep up with let alone afford, so
gimic type products are not a priority for me.

I have an open mind, if you knew me, but there has to be quality.

It just can't be "new".

Even within the real Elvis products that I can't afford, I wouldn't buy anyway, since alot of that stuff is not up any quality standards.

The cost of stuff now, along with the quanitity offered on a monthly basis, has turned me into a saavy buyer.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:45 pm

elvisonline wrote:
ekenee wrote:
elvisonline wrote:
ekenee wrote:

....ain't life grand!

elvisonline

elvisonline

elvisonline

Ouch!! I hope Susan Foyle does not see her fans bickering like this! :lol:

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 pm

I wonder if the duet will feature in this holiday movie as well...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/09/24/s ... as-candle/

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:35 pm

elvisonline wrote:I know, very sad this board at times. Makes me wonder if some people on this board actually have a life outside of their Elvis hobby.

When someone has thousands of posts here, they certainly don't have much of a social life. Just do the math.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Xaykev wrote:
elvisonline wrote:I know, very sad this board at times. Makes me wonder if some people on this board actually have a life outside of their Elvis hobby.

When someone has thousands of posts here, they certainly don't have much of a social life. Just do the math.

'The Doc' will be answering this post soon! :wink:

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 am

The Susan Boyle/Elvis single could be a Top 5 Xmas Hit in the UK:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents ... 1382527222

Brian

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:34 am

Brian Quinn wrote:The Susan Boyle/Elvis single could be a Top 5 Xmas Hit in the UK:

Brian

has anybody heard this duet yet?? I`m surprised it hasn't leaked??

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:24 pm

This single is now a major contender for No.1 as it is being released for a good charitable cause 'Save The Children' which will get a lot of publicity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsWjdtLGohQ

Brian

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:This single is now a major contender for No.1 as it is being released for a good charitable cause 'Save The Children' which will get a lot of publicity.

Brian

Thanks for bringing the news Brian. Would be great just to see him in the Top Ten again. But if Elvis does have the Christmas No1 i will drop mi trousers and salute to the telly during the Queens' Christmas Day Speech.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:This single is now a major contender for No.1 as it is being released for a good charitable cause 'Save The Children' which will get a lot of publicity.

Brian

But the single is released Sunday Dec 8th !!!!

Link below a very short video, Have to scroll down and wait a little to load

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/watch-susan ... ng-2650788

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 pm

Pre order single 0.99p iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/o-com ... d730991874

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:56 am

It's also being released as a CD single, with Amazon showing a release date of 9th Dec:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G ... B00G943L8E

I guess they'll also have it on mp3 nearer the time.

Doubtful that it will be number one at Christmas if released that early.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:45 am

I hope they overdubbed a lot of rap-like drum beats and made it a modern Christmas song.

Perhaps a tasteful flute sampled in there for effect.

And why not have a boy band of some kind to add to the mix?

Hey, go all out. It's Elvis in 2013.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Pre-ordered.... look forward to audio sample.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:35 pm

i will be supporting this release for the children

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:51 pm

I wonder how high "Subo's" star will be during this Christmas. Usually, a Susan Boyle release is a guaranteed hit, but the X Factor single will probably sweep away all the challengers. I hope she does get to No.1 , but I can't think of the last time a hymn, sung as a recognisable hymn, was the Christmas No.1 (Sir Cliff with "The Lord's Prayer" may have been the last time, and that was significant re-interpretation with bells and whistles on).

I think the 2008 "Duets" mix of OCAYF would be great - I like it a lot. But, I suppose instrumentation would be from 2013. Will be interesting to see how media take to this single.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:58 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
promiseland wrote:It Helps to keep Elvis' name alive, so what exactly does it hurt?

I'm very passionate about Elvis' music, we don't need it ruined by fake duets! I think Elvis' music stands on it's own.

That's certainly the party line answer among far too many Elvis fans. If you are as passionate about Elvis's music as you say you are, you will see this as an opportunity to reach new fans.

I promise, nobody is ever gonna take Elvis's music from you. You can visit it and revisit it as much as you like.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm

here`s a preview;

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Christmas-Su ... usan+boyle

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:19 pm

sweetangeline wrote:here`s a preview;

Thank you and hello sweetangeline.

Well, I can say that to my taste, Elvis' voice sounded deep, and rich with a beautiful tone, so soothing.

Susan's part: This isn't a match for me, just irritating when matched with Elvis' voice, and the echo ...

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:The Susan Boyle/Elvis single could be a Top 5 Xmas Hit in the UK:

Brian

Im sure Sir Cliff is not very happy that Susan Boyle has been chosen over him to duet with Elvis on this religious track.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 pm

sweetangeline wrote:here`s a preview;

On this tiny sample, yes, Elvis's voice sounds rich and to the fore. I hope they use the bit from the alternative take where his voice rises at the end. 99% unlikely, I know, but at least he is singing solo for the reprise part and that would be much easier to use in creating a duet.