Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis On Tour Limozine Footage from This Is Elvis rare outta

Sat May 10, 2003 6:17 pm

Can someone tell me what they think of this great footage and how it just appears in the new this is elvis extended version it's amazing when they talk about the launch chair going off and the explosion and then Elvis goes i had a hot lunch last night then all the guys laugh

Then someone tells Elvis there is a mic up there and he goes ohhh you sneaky bastads

i mean this is fantastic footage guys there must be heaps of this out there in collectors hands also i think the footage taken upstairs in Graceland is pretty rare also did they use Elvis real bathroom ???

Sat May 10, 2003 6:29 pm

As “This Is Elvis” was an official release. I would say that this footage was from the Turner/MGM archives rather than a private collection. There is obviously a lot more footage from EOT, that we haven’t seen, but as there are no plans at the moment for a special edition , it could be a while before we get to see anything else.

EOT

Sat May 10, 2003 7:04 pm

To follow up Rockin Rebel an EOT special release does not necesarily mean additional footage as proven in TTWIISE. We had some different footage but not half of wht they could have put on the dvd. So i doubt much premium will be put on the limosine footage. I should hope maybe we might get some more of this in the Anthology that EPE is putting out.

BTW welcome aboard Nashnet

Tony

Sat May 10, 2003 7:59 pm

The footage you saw on the "This Is Elvis" tape is the overdubbed version. He said a couple things worse than what you heard. That is why it was overdubbed. Couldn't you tell that it was an impersonator overdubbed on to the footage?

Sat May 10, 2003 11:13 pm

If you look more close to This is Elvis you will see more strange things. Just like when Elvis is driving into the gates of the MGM studio's and he is stepping out of the care you can see this is a total different shot than the original TWII movie.

Or in the on tour part you see Elvis stepping into his limo after a concert (Bluenail suit) you think this is the same as the on tour movie but if you look close you can see this is not the same part.

it's always fun too find more different things in films....

greatings,
Erik van den Berg

Sun May 11, 2003 5:22 am

The footage of Elvis inside the limo was filmed ( enroute to / away from the venue ) in Jacksonville on the afternoon of the 16 th of April ' 72 !
' Yeah I had launch ! ' )

Sun May 11, 2003 6:09 am

Great material. I'll never forget this classic exchage: ELVIS: "Yeah, last night I was buried in a beaver." JOE E: (laughing) "Oh, how was your launch."

Sun May 11, 2003 8:31 am

Of course the best is "she gave good head" as opposed to "she could raise the dead". I love the movie and hope it sees a DVD release someday. EOT es well as This is Elvis is the closest things we have gotten to a real Elvis documentary of the 70's.

Re: EOT

Sun May 11, 2003 7:59 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:To follow up Rockin Rebel an EOT special release does not necesarily mean additional footage as proven in TTWIISE. We had some different footage but not half of wht they could have put on the dvd. So i doubt much premium will be put on the limosine footage. I should hope maybe we might get some more of this in the Anthology that EPE is putting out.

BTW welcome aboard Nashnet

Tony

If there ever is a Special Edition of EOT, I would be much more interested in the performance footage, than the footage of Elvis travelling in cars. I agree that the TTWII SE DVD should have included extra footage, but I thought that the footage used in the finished documentary was first rate. The producers had the opportunity to show that Elvis was at the peak of his powers in the summer of 1970, and they got it right in my opinion. Of course as a fan I would welcome more rehearsal or candid footage as DVD extras, but I think the best performances should be used for the actual documentary.

EOT

Sun May 11, 2003 8:27 pm

I agree Rebel. I just hope there is some type of format made available to us so that we can enjoy this unseen footage.
I am still upset that after purchasing my TTWIISE the 4 videos were not tacked on the end as it was on Television.
You are correct that the people that worked on that movie gave it first rate treatment. I am of the opinion that their reworking of TTWII should have been named something else. A reworked version (IMO) should include all of the prior footage in addition to anything else that is deemed worthy.
That being said I did watch the introductory documentary describing the vision of the new producers--and a very good vision it is. But as I stated above I believe they made a whole new movie.

Tony