Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

TheKingOfMusicEP
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Re: Elvis UK sales and world

Post by TheKingOfMusicEP »

BILLBOARD CANADIAN ALBUMS
CONSUMPTION For the week ending July 17th, 2022
At Chartsnumber 47
Elvis (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Various
Label: RCA
At Chartsnumber 48
Elvis 30 No. 1 Hits
Elvis Presley

So both albums are good neighbors in the top 50 in Canada

TheKingOfMusicEP

Official Albums Chart Top 100
The UK's Top 100 biggest artist albums of the week is compiled by the Official Charts Company, based on sales of CDs, downloads, vinyl and weighted audio streams.

This week at number 17 last week at number 12
ELV1S - 30 NUMBER 1 HITS (144 weeks at this charts)

TheKingOfMusicEP

Official Irish Albums Chart Top 50
ELV1S: 30 No. 1 Hits album
This week at number 18 last week at number 13

Official Scottish Albums Chart Top 100:
THE REAL ELVIS album
This week in to the top 10 at number 9 from last week at number 13

TheKingOfMusicEP

Australia ARIA Top 50 Albums
Elvis Soundtrack is this week at number 45 from last week at number 33

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by emjel »

Well those main chart placements for 30 #1s are disappointing as they show a drop in the various charts. And the soundtrack album is doing the same in the U.K., US and Australia which suggests that the interest is short lived. Yes, they continue to sell, but the trend is going in the wrong direction and I would have thought that chart placements would have remained almost static at worse case scenario instead of dropping, especially the new soundtrack album which hasn’t made the main U.K. album chart - something I think will be a little disappointing for Sony.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

emjel wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:41 am
Well those main chart placements for 30 #1s are disappointing as they show a drop in the various charts. And the soundtrack album is doing the same in the U.K., US and Australia which suggests that the interest is short lived. Yes, they continue to sell, but the trend is going in the wrong direction and I would have thought that chart placements would have remained almost static at worse case scenario instead of dropping, especially the new soundtrack album which hasn’t made the main U.K. album chart - something I think will be a little disappointing for Sony.
Your right. That's not a good sign at this time. Mate, you keep pointing the gun at DEH and let him have it with both barrells over at the spolier thread :D I'm also sick of him chiming in and avoiding questions whenever he's challenged :lol:

TheKingOfMusicEP

emjel wrote:
The soundtrack is also released much too late as a CD (July 29). I think many would rather have the Soundtack as a CD and / or as an LP for their collection.

emjel

Post by emjel »

TheKingOfMusicEP wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:14 am
emjel wrote:
The soundtrack is also released much too late as a CD (July 29). I think many would rather have the Soundtack as a CD and / or as an LP for their collection.
Yes that is one of the most ridiculous things to have happened. I cannot think of any good reason why Sony allowed that although I think in the majority, it would only be fans who would buy the physical CD as the current generation which they are trying to attract are happy with streaming - it doesn’t look like there will be a vinyl release.

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:47 am
emjel wrote:
Your right. That's not a good sign at this time. Mate, you keep pointing the gun at DEH and let him have it with both barrells over at the spolier thread :D I'm also sick of him chiming in and avoiding questions whenever he's challenged :lol:
Well nobody should come on here and tell others they are totally wrong with what they are stating and then not supply evidence to substantiate it. People like him may not like the reality of certain situations, but that’s their problem. Things like that, and the elevation thing with Elvis’ achievements just bug me. The continued flag waving by a few over the bettering of the Top Gun movie is absolutely ridiculous. If both movies had come out at the same time, then that would be a totally different situation and the flag waving could be justified. . I’m surprised some looney hasn’t said that the Elvis soundtrack did amazingly well in the Soundtrack Chart last week because it sold more copies than Saturday Night Fever did.

I enjoyed the film very much, although as I wrote in my review, it was an emotional rollercoaster ride for me - the movie certainly deserves to do very well, and certainly much more than Rocketman, but the financial success isn’t there yet.

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:47 am
emjel wrote:
Deleted as Duplicated
Last edited by emjel on Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

~

Eann
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Eann »

The soundtrack album is classed as a compilation in the UK, so appears on the compilation chart not the main artist chart. It peaked on that one 3 weeks ago at no. 31 and is currently at no. 80. A very poor result considering the movie has been a relatively successful vehicle here in the UK. The album may gain more traction when the physical release hits the market though.

emjel

Post by emjel »

Eann wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:15 am
The soundtrack album is classed as a compilation in the UK, so appears on the compilation chart not the main artist chart. It peaked on that one 3 weeks ago at no. 31 and is currently at no. 80. A very poor result considering the movie has been a relatively successful vehicle here in the UK. The album may gain more traction when the physical release hits the market though.
Well that doesn’t make any sense - there are lots of compilation albums in the album chart including 30#1s. I guess you mean because it is a Various Artists release. But yes, as you say, a very poor result when you see the albums above it. Yes, I’m sure it will go back up slightly when the physical release is out in two weeks time, but by then, the main momentum will be lost. A bizarre decision by Sony.

~

Eann
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Eann »

emjel wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:28 am
Eann wrote:
Well that doesn’t make any sense - there are lots of compilation albums in the album chart including 30#1s. I guess you mean because it is a Various Artists release. But yes, as you say, a very poor result when you see the albums above it. Yes, I’m sure it will go back up slightly when the physical release is out in two weeks time, but by then, the main momentum will be lost. A bizarre decision by Sony.
I should clarify, the album is classed as a various artist compilation which bars it from the main UK album chart.

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

emjel wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:28 am
Eann wrote:
I have had a long search across the UK charts as i was confused. The album is listed on the Soundtracks album charts there. It's number 10 now but was as high as #3 according to this chart -

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/soundtrack-albums-chart/

TheKingOfMusicEP

Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (128 weeks)
at number 34 from last week 23 in the top 200 Billboard album Also in the top 200 Billboardbalbum charts is

Elvis (Soundtrack) is this week at number 64
Elvis (Soundtrack) Elvis Presley & Various Artists

with the Elvis Soundtrack Elvis is king of the billboard album Charts again, because together with Frank Sinatra both have now 58 top 40 albums. No one else have that many!
(Information from Elvis Information Network https://www.elvisinfonet.com/ )

Elvis have 2 albums in the top 100 in the USA

TheKingOfMusicEP

Official Albums Chart Top 100
The UK's Top 100 biggest artist albums of the week is compiled by the Official Charts Company, based on sales of CDs, downloads, vinyl and weighted audio streams.

This week at number 24 last week at number 17
ELV1S - 30 NUMBER 1 HITS (145 weeks at this charts)

Official Irish Albums Chart Top 50
ELV1S: 30 No. 1 Hits album
This week at number 18 last week at number 18

Official Scottish Albums Chart Top 100:
THE REAL ELVIS album
This week in to the top at number 15 from last week at number 9

TheKingOfMusicEP

BILLBOARD CANADIAN ALBUMS
CONSUMPTION For the week ending July 17th, 2022
At Charts number 56
Elvis (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Various

At charts number 49
Elvis 30 No. 1 Hits
Elvis Presley

Topic author
kriss
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by kriss »

U.K.

B.P.I. Award

RELEASED 17.11.2004

Elvis Presley

Burning Love - Platinum - Single

Certified 22.07.2022

Platinum (over 600,000 copies sold since 17/11/2004 (streams plus digital downloads plus physical sales

martin018
Registered for: 4 years 11 months
It’s my birthday

Post by martin018 »

Excellent news 🙂

mmoie
Registered for: 15 years

Post by mmoie »

I picked up the New 30no 1 hits and the soundtrack on Saturday at a Golden Disc shop.
I was walking past the shop in Dun Laorie a suburb of Dublin and I heard I Got A Feeling In My Body from the soundtrack been played in the shop ,It iis great to hear Elvis been played like this in a record shop.I went in and bought the 30 no1s and the soundtrack .
They wete on the New Rleases rack so picked them up and bought them.
Had a quick look around the shop as I was in a hurry.
They had a load of Elvis vinyl on display as well the 50 Greatest Hits the first album Elvis 56 If ICan dream to mention a few.
I do think that Sony should have released a new greatest hits and not just rehashing The 30 no1s.
They could have advertised it on TV and it would have sold loads with the new intetest In Elvis since the Movie came out.
Regards Matt

emjel

Post by emjel »

mmoie wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:35 am
I picked up the New 30no 1 hits and the soundtrack on Saturday at a Golden Disc shop.
I was walking past the shop in Dun Laorie a suburb of Dublin and I heard I Got A Feeling In My Body from the soundtrack been played in the shop ,It iis great to hear Elvis been played like this in a record shop.I went in and bought the 30 no1s and the soundtrack .
They wete on the New Rleases rack so picked them up and bought them.
Had a quick look around the shop as I was in a hurry.
They had a load of Elvis vinyl on display as well the 50 Greatest Hits the first album Elvis 56 If ICan dream to mention a few.
I do think that Sony should have released a new greatest hits and not just rehashing The 30 no1s.
They could have advertised it on TV and it would have sold loads with the new intetest In Elvis since the Movie came out.
Regards Matt
So you can buy 30 #1s in original format plus the new revamped version, plus 50 Greatest, plus a plethora of other hits packages including all the Public Domain releases. And then on the streaming platforms, there are the Gold Records available which I believe you can also buy in a mini box of 5 CD’s too. Then there’s The Essential Collection. How many more Greatest Hits packages do you really need? The catalogue is a mess as it is. And advertising on TV is not cheap either. And how do you know a new Greatest Hits would have sold loads. 30 #1s is already selling reasonably well in the last 5 weeks and without any major advertising.

~

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

zzzzzzmzzzzzzazzzzzszzzzzzzzizzzzzzzzzvzzzzzzzezzzzzzazzzzzszzzzzzzhzzzzzozzzzlzzzzezzzzzzzz

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

marvan
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by marvan »

TheKingOfMusicEP

Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (129 weeks)
at number 47 from last week 34 in the top 200 Billboard album

Also in the top 200 Billboard album charts is
Elvis (Soundtrack) is in his fourth week at number 76
Elvis (Soundtrack) Elvis Presley & Various Artists
let's see if the album can climb a little higher again after it will also be released as a CD at the end of the month

Elvis have 2 albums in the top 100 in the USA