Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Interesting video about Elvis's colon problems:

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:14 pm

I know this subject has been brought up before but here is a video about it:

http://www.emergingsolutionsinpain.com/ ... 02brookoff

Re: Interesting video about Elvis's colon problems:

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:10 am

Unfort it won't play on my phone. Hopefully this will be put out as a 2 disc bluray set with extensive bonus material.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:23 am

I really do not want to see the "outtakes" on this one.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:39 am

It's not graphic but tells just what kind of medical condition he had.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 am

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:It's not graphic but tells just what kind of medical condition he had.

It was interesting up until the point where he says Elvis didn't abuse drugs... and Dr. Nick gave him an extra 10 years of life...

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:02 am

True, there may be some liberties taken there, but the issues with his colon (and the effect on his life) should not be dismissed.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:07 am

elvis-fan wrote:
HoneyTalkNelson wrote:It's not graphic but tells just what kind of medical condition he had.

It was interesting up until the point where he says Elvis didn't abuse drugs... and Dr. Nick gave him an extra 10 years of life...

i dont think he abuse drugs thats just would people say that dont make it ture was you there

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:12 am

elvis-fan wrote:

Yes, that's when the bullsh.it meter went to 10,000. ;-)

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:21 am

This doctor is probably misinformed / misguided, or totally incompetent, or maybe he's just using Elvis' name to get some attention for himself.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:23 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:

Yes, that's when the bullsh.it meter went to 10,000. ;-)

Haha this made me LOL. Talk about making excuses to a whole new level.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:48 am

There is nothing to laugh about when you are talking a serious condition. Sadly, Elvis made it worse.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 am

epf wrote:There is nothing to laugh about when you are talking a serious condition. Sadly, Elvis made it worse.

The "condition" is bogus, the opinion seen on that website worthless.

So laughter is perfectly acceptable in this particular discussion. In fact, it should be mandatory. ;-)

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:02 am

presleymonroe wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:

i dont think he abuse drugs thats just would people say that dont make it ture was you there

I weep for you...
Anyway, back to reality... the idea that Elvis had always had a problem with his colon seems ludicrous to me... it was his ongoing abuse of prescription drugs that were the cause of many, perhaps not all, but many of his health issues... including his entire digestive system. And the white chalky blockage they found during the autopsy, according to those actually present, was not barium... as this "doctor" suggests.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:01 am

yes the whole thing is very sad indeed. :(

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:36 am

"And because of Dr. Nick's care, Elvis probably lived 10 years longer than he would have, despite a really terrible genetic illness".

This is the most stupid thing I ever read about doctor George C. Nichopoulos and his famous pacient.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:48 am

10 years?

So, what evidence of the condition existed in 1967, TO THE EXTENT THAT HE WAS THEN NEAR DEATH?

That's beyond crazy. Put on "Stay Away, Joe" and watch the sick, dying guy! Watch him rollicking on top of a moving car! Nick was then in the process of "saving him." LOL!

When does this nonsense end?

rjm (Someone DID "save him" almost a decade earlier: Steve Binder.)

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:37 pm

elvis-fan wrote:

That was a dumb statement because anyone who is on pain meds for a prolonged period of time even for legitimate reasons will likely become addicted and probably abuse them. I'm guessing the extra 10 years was from Dr. Nick untwisting his colon?

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:19 pm

rjm wrote:10 years?

So, what evidence of the condition existed in 1967, TO THE EXTENT THAT HE WAS THEN NEAR DEATH?

That's beyond crazy. Put on "Stay Away, Joe" and watch the sick, dying guy! Watch him rollicking on top of a moving car! Nick was then in the process of "saving him." LOL!

Brookoff is a friend of Nichopoulos and is perhaps Nichopoulos' #1 apologist.

And, if you think the "10 year" claim is impressive, Marty Lacker has stated that he thinks Elvis would have died 15 years earlier if not for the Memphis Mafia being around him.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:24 pm

dhornjr1 wrote:
rjm wrote:10 years?

Brookoff is a friend of Nichopoulos and is perhaps Nichopoulos' #1 apologist.

And, if you think the "10 year" claim is impressive, Marty Lacker has stated that he thinks Elvis would have died 15 years earlier if not for the Memphis Mafia being around him.

i cant say the words on here about the Memphis Mafia but i will say they dont care about elvis just the fame

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Elvis also had Colon-el problems that he could not shake off in the 70s.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:07 am

I've heard a female DR. make the same claim about Elvis' condition,so there may be some merit to it.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 am

Well, his colon was paralyzed; the cause is an entirely different matter.

It's like saying his heart gave out on August 16, 1977. Sure it did. But why? The tox results are quite clear.

And OD's don't only happen quietly in a bed; this is a common myth.

In fact, it is of interest that Ginger told him "don't fall asleep" as he went in. Leads one to surmise that he had previously fallen asleep there. Or had too much in his system, and so "dozed off."

What happened was that he couldn't breathe. And bit his tongue almost off. Common in OD's.

rjm