Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Overheard at Graceland Today

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:43 am

I toured Graceland this afternoon. As is my custom (because I am a freak, according to my daughter, who was with me) I took the tour at a very slow pace. I was standing outside Dodger's bedroom. The current tour group was headed into the kitchen. The next group was still outside. It was me, and three employees, in the formal front rooms.

One guy's radio was receiving a message. I couldn't help but overhear. A plumber was on property, and needed access to the attic. My ears perked up. The attic? Wouldn't he have to go UPSTAIRS to access the attic? Would he open that locked hallway door at tbe top of the stairs, while a stone-cold Elvis freak was craning his neck from the hallway below?

The radio went off again. The disembodied voice said this was a problem, as the house was open for business. They said they would have to call "Jimmy." Freak Boy knew immediately that they would be calling Jimmy Gambill, the Director of Maintenance, and the son of Patsy Presley Gambill Geranen and the late Marvin "Gee Gee" Gambill.

I'm going to stick around and wait this out, right? I'll have my camera ready when they open that door. By God, I will even use my flash!

Minutes went by, and no further communications were broadcast. As I finally made my way outside, I saw Jimmy Gambill and an unidentified gentleman (who was not carrying tools). They walked towards the trailer area, and I continued my tour.

And, yes, I wondered why a plumber would need access to the attic.

That's my story.

Re: Overheard at Graceland Today

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:52 am

elvisjock wrote:I wondered why a plumber would need access to the attic.

I'd do the same if I really needed the original EIC video master tapes. Can't blame the plumber for that. As the old cliché goes..."If they won't release 'em....Ya might as well steal 'em !!!"

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:33 am

Play "This Is Our Dance" ten times and call me in the morning.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Jimmy is certain J.D. sang at the Denver funeral, btw. Jimmy knows.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:35 pm

well, a plumber would need access to the attic if Graceland has a sprinkler system...wouldn't he?

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Maybe Elvis is still alive and shot the commode that's above the foyer again? :smt005

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:38 pm

If you see the plumber again, tell him to come round my house because my sink needs unblocking.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:15 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:If you see the plumber again, tell him to come round my house because my sink needs unblocking.

That was me at Graceland and there's no way I'm comin around your place so you can steel my truck keys to be off with them original 77 video spools I 'borrowed' today !

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:31 pm

elvisjock wrote:Jimmy is certain J.D. sang at the Denver funeral, btw. Jimmy knows.

Jimmy knew back when he was a baby, an infant baby.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Mr Whopitt wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:If you see the plumber again, tell him to come round my house because my sink needs unblocking.

That was me at Graceland and there's no way I'm comin around your place so you can steel my truck keys to be off with them original 77 video spools I 'borrowed' today !

I was more hoping that you stole the Sun version of "Tiger Man" acetate that MAYBE in the attic.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:38 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Mr Whopitt wrote:

I was more hoping that you stole the Sun version of "Tiger Man" acetate that MAYBE in the attic.

I didn't see Tiger Man, but there are three acetates on display in the new Vegas exhibit. Each bears the date July 31, 1969. Side A, B and C.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:04 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Mr Whopitt wrote:

NOW yer talkin'!!!

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Once we were all thrown out of Graceland when the fire alarm went off. The firemen came and galloped all over the house checking all rooms.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:48 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:I was more hoping that you stole the Sun version of "Tiger Man" acetate that MAYBE in the attic.

...along with reels of poolside footage from July '77 & spools of audio tape containing outtakes of "We Had It All" and "Bad Moon Rising".

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:14 am

Some might not think much of this but that would be pretty awesome to over hear, and even cooler to see Jimmi himself.

Was he the same kid that was playing with fake toy gun outside in 1976 that fall, And Elvis happen to look out the window and saw them and thought it was someone coming to kill him so he grabbed a AK and started outside til someone stopped him?