Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: What is your personal favorite Elvis album?

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:43 pm

I dont really think we , or anyone can choose only 1 LP from any kind of artist..especially Elvis who had so many Albums....
For me its always a mix of:

1. Elvis Is Back ! ( because his great voice and songs such as: "Dirty Dirty Feeling","It Feels so right","Soldier Boy" , "Reconsider baby", "Such a night", "The girl of my best friend"...)
2. His Hand In Mine ( because his crystal clear voice and such great gospel tracks such as: "Milky white way" , "If we never meet again" , "His hand in mine" )
3. From Elvis in Memphis ( because of such a great quality stuff such as: "Any day now", "In the Ghetto", "True love travells on a Gravel road","Only the strong survive".....)
4. Back In Memphis ( just like the above album...with : "Youll think of me" , Inherit the wind" , "Little bit of Green", "do you know who i am" )
5. Thats the way it is ( his voice tured much more deeper and great tracks as : "Mary in the morning", "Bridge..." , "20 days and 20 nights" , "Just pretend".....)
6. Elvis Country ( a great concept album with : "Snowbird", "Make the world go away", )

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:05 pm

ranskal wrote:If I had to pick 1, I would pick Promised Land.

Same with me.

Because the album was given to me in 1975 by a special friend.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:41 pm

'Prince From Another Planet'.

Brian

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Tiger Man

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:40 am

Brian Quinn wrote:'Prince From Another Planet'.

Brian

I'm trying to get this one! No money, yet. Hope to get it either tomorrow or Sunday. :smt006

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:35 am

There is not one absolute favourite, it's impossible to choose. Just like asking what's your favourite Elvis song.

But at the moment I've been playing "Elvis" a lot, his second album from 1956. I had gone through a stage of listening to "His Hand In Mine" on repeat quite a lot recently. You just get in certain moods.

I always find, that no matter how great albums like "Elvis Is Back!" and "From Elvis In Memphis" are, there's nothing quite like listening to Elvis Presley on top of the world in the 1950s. His second album's just got that Elvis feel, the 50s feel, the real Elvis, on piano, on guitar, rockin' one minute, crooning the next.

"Well it's a Saturday night and I just got paid..."

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:There is not one absolute favourite, it's impossible to choose. Just like asking what's your favourite Elvis song.

But at the moment I've been playing "Elvis" a lot, his second album from 1956. I had gone through a stage of listening to "His Hand In Mine" on repeat quite a lot recently. You just get in certain moods.

I always find, that no matter how great albums like "Elvis Is Back!" and "From Elvis In Memphis" are, there's nothing quite like listening to Elvis Presley on top of the world in the 1950s. His second album's just got that Elvis feel, the 50s feel, the real Elvis, on piano, on guitar, rockin' one minute, crooning the next.

Great to see you back, Good Time Charlie. :D

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Thats The Way It Is
From Elvis In Memphis
Today
Moody Blue
Promised Land

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:46 pm

Elvis At Sun

Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:42 pm

I play it more than any other, so I guess Elvis Is Back

Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Prince from another planet.
Last edited by Joe Car on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Elvis Is Back as well.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:04 pm

It's very hard to choose just one album. Like, almost everything he did in the 50's was a winner. There are great album's after the 50's, Elvis Is Back, Something For Everybody, From Elvis In Memphis, Back In Memphis....i chose the Sun Recordings because i think they are just awesome, plus the Sun stuff was my first introduction to Elvis Presley.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:44 pm

r&b wrote:I play it more than any other, so I guess Elvis Is Back

There's not a song on that album that I have ever grown tired of.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:I play it more than any other, so I guess Elvis Is Back

There's not a song on that album that I have ever grown tired of.

That's how I feel. I Will Be Home Again is a little weak compared to the rest of the album, but its still good and would have been a standout on the albums that followed. Charlie Hodge kind of ruins it for me.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Chris Roberts wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:There is not one absolute favourite, it's impossible to choose. Just like asking what's your favourite Elvis song.

Great to see you back, Good Time Charlie. :D

Thanks mate!

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Clark Gable wrote:Mine would be From Elvis in Memphis, Elvis Presley and Moody Blue

Why Moody Blue ?

Just curious.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:31 pm

My number one album would be "Elvis is Back!". Everything on this album is just first-class. The songs, the band, Elvis' voice and the sound that Bill Porter achieved in Nashville's studio B is perfect. If you haven't heard this album on a good hifi from the original US. first pressing vinyl you are missing out :)

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:51 pm

"Clambake" ...

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:09 pm

I have always enjoyed That's The Way it Is. I am also fond of From Elvis Presley Blvd as there is a lot of emotion and feeling on that album.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:14 pm

One of my favorite albums are Elvis Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis, but really ....there are so many favorites.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:34 am

Tough question.

I guess I'll say

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:30 am

Either the Memphis 74 album or Today. I realise they're not Elvis at the top of his game, or the most artistically successful recordings he did, but I don't care. The Memphis album, in its original form, is a blast to listen to - far more entertaining than either MSG or Aloha. Elvis sounds like's got a taxi waiting in MSG and sounds bored in Aloha. In Memphis he sounds like he's having a great time, and therefore we do the same. As for Today, I think it's one of his most under-rated albums and a nice follow-up to Elvis Country. It's one of the few 70s albums that has a constant sound throughout it, and is a coherent whole. It doesn't jump around from genre to genre, and actually sounds like it's an album rather than a collection of songs pulled out of a hat.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:41 am

poormadpeter wrote:Either the Memphis 74 album or Today. The Memphis album, in its original form, is a blast to listen to . In Memphis he sounds like he's having a great time, and therefore we do the same. As for Today, I think it's one of his most under-rated albums.

Exactly....well said.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 am

mmmm Elvis is back comes up a lot