Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What is your personal favorite Elvis album?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 am

(Disclaimer: I am not asking this to stir problems, before Dr. Carpenter comes in and claims so. I've always thought the idea of a forum was for discussion about a topic of interest, but I guess not.)

What is your favorite Elvis album?

Mine would be From Elvis in Memphis, Elvis Presley and Moody Blue

Re: What is your personal favorite Elvis album?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:56 am

Clark Gable wrote:(Disclaimer: I am not asking this to stir problems, before Dr. Carpenter comes in and claims so. I've always thought the idea of a forum was for discussion about a topic of interest, but I guess not.)

I am not the only one with concerns, so quit singling me out.

For example, Mountain Misst made these observations today:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78645&p=1203840#p1203840
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78645&p=1204082#p1204082

Clark Gable wrote:What is your favorite Elvis album?

That's three albums...

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:00 am

Aloha From Hawaii (official live album)
From Elvis In Memphis (studio album)
Dixieland Rocks (FTD live album)

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:03 am

In This order they would be

Elvis Presley
From Elvis In Memphis
Elvis Is back
Elvis Country
Promised Land

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Clark Gable wrote:(Disclaimer: I am not asking this to stir problems, before Dr. Carpenter comes in and claims so. I've always thought the idea of a forum was for discussion about a topic of interest, but I guess not.)

I am not the only one with concerns, so quit singling me out.

For example, Mountain Misst made these observations today:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78645&p=1203840#p1203840
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78645&p=1204082#p1204082

Clark Gable wrote:What is your favorite Elvis album?

That's three albums...

You're the one who got the tides rolling and won't cease. I am an Elvis fan, and I love Elvis too, but you want me off this forum, and are doing your utmost to make that happen because you believe I am a "troll." I am sorry, but I am NOT. And I am singling you out because you've singled me out. I haven't been around this community all that long in the scheme of things, so perhaps you guys were burned by genuine trolls who asked questions only to spam, but...You can't bite the finger of every inquisitive person. Not everyone who signs up here is going to be an expert or even know all that much. Due to my limited funds, and my limited time (trying to get my life in order in many ways), I don't have the money to buy books or be checking out books at the library. I had one book by Jerry Schilling and it is gone, so the info I do get--and I love reading about Elvis--mostly comes from fan sites. I will repeat: Not a troll. Simply an overly inquisitive person who has a lot going on in his life (For example, planning to get married and also taking care of my dying mother) and low on the dough.

I chose three albums because frankly I love all three equally and I couldn't pick an absolute favorite between the three. I guess if I had to, From Elvis in Memphis would be it. I feel it is his ultimate album.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:06 am

Elvis Is Back!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 am

Clark Gable wrote:You're the one who got the tides rolling and won't cease. I am an Elvis fan, and I love Elvis too, but you want me off this forum ...

No, I have only expressed concerns about your posting behavior, using two different logins.

If anyone cares to read the Mountain Missts posts linked above, the concerns are even more carefully outlined by him.

So far, your subsequent posting behavior has done nothing to allay the concerns we both have expressed. And you have not responded in any way to Mountain Missts posts.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:25 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Clark Gable wrote:You're the one who got the tides rolling and won't cease. I am an Elvis fan, and I love Elvis too, but you want me off this forum ...

No, I have only expressed concerns about your posting behavior, using two different logins.

If anyone cares to read the Mountain Missts posts linked above, the concerns are even more carefully outlined by him.

So far, your subsequent posting behavior has done nothing to allay the concerns we both have expressed. And you have not responded in any way to Mountain Missts posts.

I responded to you about my 'two log ins' in my Moody Blue thread that was removed:

I first signed up here as Errol Flynn and then my computer crashed around May and I lost my log in data (including the email I signed up with) for that account. If one was to do a check, it hasn't been logged into since at least April or May. I wouldn't even know how to get into it even if I wanted to.

And I've already explained: I ask questions here cause I can't afford to buy books. I get tidbits of info from fan sites in the meantime, but.... I'm planning to get married, for one; and I spend most of my days at home taking care of or (depending on how she is on the particular day) monitoring my mother who is dying from Cirrhosis of the liver. So, I don't really have the time to hang around in libraries and checking out books. I don't really go out as a result of my obligations at home, and my personal life is a big mess in many ways. So yeah. I hope that this question of whether or not I'm a troll can be settled finally, because I'm not, and the accusation of it is bothersome.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:16 am

Clark Gable wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

I responded to you about my 'two log ins' in my Moody Blue thread that was removed:

I first signed up here as Errol Flynn and then my computer crashed around May and I lost my log in data (including the email I signed up with) for that account. If one was to do a check, it hasn't been logged into since at least April or May. I wouldn't even know how to get into it even if I wanted to.

And I've already explained: I ask questions here cause I can't afford to buy books. I get tidbits of info from fan sites in the meantime, but.... I'm planning to get married, for one; and I spend most of my days at home taking care of or (depending on how she is on the particular day) monitoring my mother who is dying from Cirrhosis of the liver. So, I don't really have the time to hang around in libraries and checking out books. I don't really go out as a result of my obligations at home, and my personal life is a big mess in many ways. So yeah. I hope that this question of whether or not I'm a troll can be settled finally, because I'm not, and the accusation of it is bothersome.

There's no need to go into detail about your personal life, just answer the relevant questions.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 am

Good question.

If I had to pick 1, I would pick Promised Land...unless the Complete Masters would count as an album. :lol:

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:50 am

I must say that I am a little bit tired of questions like this. IMO it was much better to explain why we liked the album or the movie or what ever. Then we know the reason why the member has it as favorite. I think that was more interesting as only the name.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:03 am

Right now it's FEIM.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am

Mine is Elvis is Back,great songs and Elvis is in great voice.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:29 am

Elvis On Stage

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:34 pm

The first album 'Elvis Presley' in particular the UK version, so much better than the US original. But in either case it is because it is the first real 'rock' album of the modern era.

The backing of just guitars, bass, drums and piano, was the basic 'rock' line up of all who followed from Buddy Holly to the Beatles.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Hmm.. like my favourite Elvis song, my favourite album changes frequently.
When I saw the thread title, the first album that came to mind was 'Elvis' Country'. It's got a great mix of songs, Elvis is in fine voice, the band rip it up consistently from start to finish, it's got a steady theme throughout (gelled together by one song), and the whole album just seems to ..'work'.

Disclaimer: I could apply the same criteria (mostly) to a few other albums, but those are other days favourites

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 am

Blue Hawaii

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:06 am

I like Gone With The Wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:03 am

paulsweeney wrote:I like Gone With The Wind.

This will give me all too familiar dreams about unreleased Elvis songs and albums again.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am

Elvis is Back!

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:53 am

Clark Gable wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Sorry to hear about your mom; that is a terrible thing to happen. Still, you will need to be a well-read person not just to be an educated "fan," but an educated citizen, and I'm sure your mom wouldn't mind anyone encouraging you to do so. It really is worth the effort, as there are no shortcuts. And it is difficult for many people. So many of us here have experienced both trials and awful tragedies, but still, we read, and it shouldn't be a chore. Order an inexpensive Kindle. Or other e-reader options.

Things happen in life to us all, but some things remain a priority. And being well-read about a subject in which you are interested is a priority. This applies to anyone who can see this.

No one ever wants to sound like one of my students, who left me a note describing why an essay wasn't turned in: "my dog bit my neighbor."

Oh, and good luck with the upcoming nuptials.

rjm

(I never doubted her, nor the E.R. trip with the bleeding neighbor, nor the lawsuit that resulted. She was still, nevertheless, responsible for her education.)

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Elvis Presley.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:47 pm

I know without a doubt that the Elvis album I've listened to the most since receiving it as a Christmas gift in the '60's is "Blue Hawaii."

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Elvis Is Back! :D

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:24 pm

I would also have to agree on, "Elvis Is Back"