Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Questions regarding vinyl boots of Vegas shows

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 am

I'm building up a database of releases pertaining to Elvis' Vegas shows. I've got a question regarding the infamous closing show from the Summer '74 Vegas season. Nothing to do with the show's content, please, I think that's been done to death. I'm just interested in the releases it's been featured on.

I first heard the show on the Desert Storm CD on Fort Baxter in around 1997-ish. That was the first time it had been released on soundboard I'm positive. I'm interested in releases before that, which were taken from audience recordings. I've found the CD 'Drug Story' mentioned. Does anyone have this?

Now, the bit I'm really interested in is vinyl boots of this show. Were there any? In the Elvis Bootleg book there's Kickin' Back listed. This is a late-era vinyl from 1988, which features mostly the dialogue. I've looked all through the book and I can't find another LP with this show on, yet I feel sure there was one. Anyone got any idea?

I know this show, along with many others from that season, circulated as home-recorded-tapes, but I'm interested only in factory pressed versions.

One more question ... all of the '76 Vegas shows were taped, and have circulated amongst fans since the seventies. Including elegantly packaged boot CD releases in recent years. Yet I've only found one show on vinyl ... the December 12th show on this a 2 LP set called 'Softly As I Leave You'. Does anyone know any other boot LPs of the December season?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Questions regarding vinyl boots of Vegas shows

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 am

Nope that is the only version on vinyl of the show. Of course a few nice vinyl boots have been coming out including much of the early 1970 material plus the TTWII rehearsals etc.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:41 am

Mike Eder wrote:Nope that is the only version on vinyl of the show. Of course a few nice vinyl boots have been coming out including much of the early 1970 material plus the TTWII rehearsals etc.

Thanks Mike. I've got a lot of the early stuff like the Hillbilly Cat, featuring 'early' Vegas shows. It seems tours were covered more than Vegas on Boot LP. April Fool's Day, Pittsburgh etc . . .

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:19 pm

A lot of good Las Vegas vinyl ones came out in Europe from 1983-91 period. Request Box Shows, Hot Summer Night, Dinner Date etc.