Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis' lovers.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Out of all Elvis' lovers, including his wife, who do you feel was truly the best for him and why? I mean, who did he seem most free to be himself with and happy with? Who, of all his ladies, might've been able to help him--Both as a person to be happy, as a musician and artist to break free of the Colonel's yoke, and as a loved one who could've reached through to him, supported him and helped him get past his addictions?

My ex told me that she believed Ann Margaret was his soul mate because she respected his beliefs and loved him deeply and that there were rumors they would marry or a possibility that they would; that they had a very deep connection. That she thought the fact that he was a religious man was good, whereas my ex told me Priscilla sort of looked down upon it or something along those lines.

I've also heard that the one time or one of a very few times Elvis tried his hand at songwriting, Priscilla sort of shot him down and told him to stick what he did best instead and he never tried to write or co-write a song himself after that.

Re: Elvis' lovers.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Anita Wood.
Listen to the fun they had at Eddie Fadall's home on the LP "Forever young, forever beautiful".

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Clark Gable wrote:I've also heard that the one time or one of a very few times Elvis tried his hand at songwriting, Priscilla sort of shot him down and told him to stick what he did best instead and he never tried to write or co-write a song himself after that.

I don't believe that.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Annita Wood and Linda Thompson, i believe they were the Best for him

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:27 am

I think It was best for Elvis to be with a southern woman. They understand them better. so i guess out of the ones he was with, Linda was the best match.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:40 am

It doesn't matter because he would have cheated on her no matter how wonderful she was. It's amazing the quality of women he had and how they tried to be there for him. He only let them in so far.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:52 am

Clark Gable wrote:I've also heard that the one time or one of a very few times Elvis tried his hand at songwriting, Priscilla sort of shot him down and told him to stick what he did best instead and he never tried to write or co-write a song himself after that.

I also heard Elvis found some magic beans so he threw them into the ground and they grew into a magic bean stalk and he climbed up into the sky... so he's not really dead. I swear... I heard that.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:59 am

stevelecher wrote:It doesn't matter because he would have cheated on her no matter how wonderful she was. It's amazing the quality of women he had and how they tried to be there for him. He only let them in so far.

true but a southern woman was more likely to have put up with the cheating.:)

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:42 am

brian wrote:

I don't believe that.

I'm speaking of stuff I've heard with regard to two specific song: "You'll be Gone" and "That's Someone You'll Never Forget." I've read--on the internet before Dr. Carpenter jumps in and asks where--that Elvis co-wrote those songs to some degree. And that when Elvis presented the songs to Priscilla in I think 1961, she took a dim view of them.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 am

Your information on those songs is incorrect.

Enough with the inane "question" topics already. Please.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:00 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Your information on those songs is incorrect.

Enough with the inane "question" topics already. Please.

What is insane about asking fellow fans their opinions on things?
Is that not how discussion is generated? Is that not how others' perspectives are learned and understood, and perhaps your on is in turn effected? Elvis had many women in his life and I'm asking fellow fans, who do know more than I, who they felt, as outside observers I guess one could say, really was the right one. Their opinions. What an artist does and who he does it with is his or her business, but, fans are allowed and do tend to have their own opinions on these matters, which are at times different than the artists' opinions--and that does extend to their choice in lovers, especially in someone as massively popular and culturally relevant as Elvis was and continues to be.

It also, by reading what others here say, gives in a sense a better incite into Elvis himself, since most here know more than I do. And frankly it's just damn interesting. Elvis and Priscilla are probably one of the most famous couples in the history of music, but Elvis had a lot of other women and they all their impact on his life's course--and on how he felt. It's just wondering, objectively, of them all, who was in retrospect the best for Elvis? Of all his ladies, who might have been able to keep him in line so that he lived past 1977?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:35 am

Dixie Lock, Anne Margret, Linda Thompson, were all dear to Elvis' heart and cared the most for him IMO.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:13 am

Linda Thompson

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 am

Laurenz Johannes Griessel-Landau.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Laurenz Johannes Griessel-Landau.

"Pore" Elvis, lol :D

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:20 pm

DEH wrote:
stevelecher wrote:It doesn't matter because he would have cheated on her no matter how wonderful she was. It's amazing the quality of women he had and how they tried to be there for him. He only let them in so far.

true but a southern woman was more likely to have put up with the cheating.:)

Are they stupid like that?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Clark Gable wrote:Out of all Elvis' lovers, including his wife, who do you feel was truly the best for him and why? I mean, who did he seem most free to be himself with and happy with? Who, of all his ladies, might've been able to help him--Both as a person to be happy, as a musician and artist to break free of the Colonel's yoke, and as a loved one who could've reached through to him, supported him and helped him get past his addictions?

My ex told me that she believed Ann Margaret was his soul mate because she respected his beliefs and loved him deeply and that there were rumors they would marry or a possibility that they would; that they had a very deep connection. That she thought the fact that he was a religious man was good, whereas my ex told me Priscilla sort of looked down upon it or something along those lines.

I've also heard that the one time or one of a very few times Elvis tried his hand at songwriting, Priscilla sort of shot him down and told him to stick what he did best instead and he never tried to write or co-write a song himself after that.

Your posts are getting extremely tedious, give it a rest, please!

When are you gonna become Cary Grant?