Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New Audionics: The Creeping Crud Express

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:16 am

poormadpeter wrote:Even so, it would be nice to see FTD release the Memphis 75 concert at some point, especially if it could be paired with the Memphis 76 one as well.

Agreed.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:23 am

And for awhile now alot of us have said the unreleased shows were running out and in the past month this makes the 2nd unreleased show we've got.

Lovely cover, to capture a concert from a good time for Elvis professionally and personally, he seemed in high spirits, and the shows are a blast to listen to and very much upbeat.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:31 am

Greattttttt! Only may 30th left and we will have our FIRST complete SOUNDBOARD TOUR!!!!!

:D

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:52 am

Elvis in 1975 ROCKS..that`s why I have chosen the Shreveport ES of June 7 as my debut show for FTD...

This package is a ROCKER, too....both Shreveport shows are excellent..I see Dallas as a little extra..highly recommendable... ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:05 am

:D I remember in 1995 some 18 years ago being friends with Terry from Spinning Disc in London.... I had just been to Graceland and i was in his shop talking about Bootlegs...... i remember back then he said 'whole Vegas 76' season will come out with worst sound FIRST and also on Soundboard whole June 75' tour will come out..... well by 2013 he was pretty accurate from what he said eh~!? don't think May 30th 75' show was recorded though? 8)

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:34 am

YDKM wrote:...Terry from Spinning Disc in London....said 'whole Vegas 76' season will come out with worst sound FIRST and also on Soundboard whole June 75' tour will come out..... well by 2013 he was pretty accurate from what he said eh~!?.

Apart from December 7, 1976 I have not heard of any other soundboard from that season - so to say he was pretty accurate with his prediction that 'whole Vegas '76 season will come out FIRST' is a rather silly remark.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:50 am

Ciscoking wrote:Elvis in 1975 ROCKS..that`s why I have chosen the Shreveport ES of June 7 as my debut show for FTD...

This package is a ROCKER, too....both Shreveport shows are excellent..I see Dallas as a little extra..highly recommendable... ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

That's all fine and well, but how about something from Houston 1970? ;-)

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:58 am

Aside from the indeed peculiar title (Thanks, Doc!) I really enjoy staring at the cover... looks pretty cool to me.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:27 am

Can I say something please?

I don't like this "pair this show with that show" kind of talk. I mean, where exactly do I place a 2-CD release that couples Memphis '75 with Memphis '76 on my special Elvis live CD shelves? It'll cause mayhem. I don't use alphabetical order when it comes to Elvis live CDs. I use a special show date system, so all the June 1975 soundboards are placed together, in the order they were recorded. So please stop this nonsense. If you must combine two shows, they must be recorded one after the other. The good news is I aldready own Memphis '75 and Memphis '76 on good, old-fashioned, stand-alone, single CD releases. But you get my point.

Cisco, please make Ernst aware of this problem, too. Thanks!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 am

ok i am saying Terry from Spinning disc in london told me the whole of the Vegas 76' season would come out on Bootleg (as audience recordings) just after 'black diamond' 12/12/76 show came out on bootleg Vinyl in Dec 1986!! sorry for being a bit 'brief' but i didn't want to bore people who did NOT know or deal with Terry... i did for 5 years weekly and once i moved to Australia used to phone him often!~ :facep: :smt005 :smt004

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:54 pm

"Burning Love" From June 6th, 1975 is THE best live version, IMHO. He was on fire.

phpBB [video]

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Can I say something please?

I don't like this "pair this show with that show" kind of talk. I mean, where exactly do I place a 2-CD release that couples Memphis '75 with Memphis '76 on my special Elvis live CD shelves? It'll cause mayhem. I don't use alphabetical order when it comes to Elvis live CDs. I use a special show date system, so all the June 1975 soundboards are placed together, in the order they were recorded. So please stop this nonsense. If you must combine two shows, they must be recorded one after the other. The good news is I aldready own Memphis '75 and Memphis '76 on good, old-fashioned, stand-alone, single CD releases. But you get my point.

Cisco, please make Ernst aware of this problem, too. Thanks!

Keith, just start buying two of everything... :smt023

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:03 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:"Burning Love" From June 6th, 1975 is THE best live version, IMHO. He was on fire.

phpBB [video]

Great version!!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Excellent version. Another great version is from the December 13, 1975 MS.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:04 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:"Burning Love" From June 6th, 1975 is THE best live version, IMHO. He was on fire.

phpBB [video]

But is it as good as this version, by The Boob?

phpBB [video]

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Both Buble and Bieber couldn't lace up Elvis' boots if their lives depended on it.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:07 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Both Buble and Bieber couldn't lace up Elvis' boots if their lives depended on it.

No one could. Elvis' boots had zippers, not laces.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Both Buble and Bieber couldn't lace up Elvis' boots if their lives depended on it.

LOL! That was funny!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:20 pm

I think you miss the point regarding Buble. He knows his covers of rock n roll songs such as Burning Love, Twist and Shout and That's Alright are campy and kitsch, and he quite clearly doesn't intend for them to be taken seriously. Like the K D Lang performance of I'll Be Back posted here a few weeks back, he's simply having a bit of fun. His recordings of Can't Help Falling In Love and Always on my Mind, on the other hand, are really quite lovely.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:49 am

Rock Legend wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: And Elvis' Shreveport performance the very next afternoon has some significance, since it is his first appearance there since the final, "Louisiana Hayride" benefit gig he gave on December 15, 1956. So much had happened in the nearly 19 years since, and you can bet Presley thought about this as he took the very same stage, on the same day of the week, a Saturday, at the Hirsch Memorial Coliseum.

He most certainly did. In fact, he reminisces about the Louisiana Hayride with guitarist James Burton during the afternoon show. Here's some audio:

http://youtu.be/mDLtYXazaA0

Again, nice teaser Rock Legend.
Cheers to Audionics to bring us another unreleased soundboard.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Joern wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

LOL! That was funny!

EXACTLY :evil:

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:33 pm

phpBB [video]

Wow, that one is really cool! Sounds like he actually really enjoyed to sing/perform the song on stage. Too bad he messed up the lyrics again.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:08 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:

phpBB [video]

Wow, that one is really cool! Sounds like he actually really enjoyed to sing/perform the song on stage. Too bad he messed up the lyrics again.

Still, good enough to be a part of RCA's 1980 box set, Elvis Aron Presley.

If the tempo was right, this recording of "Burning Love" would definitely be in contention for finest live performance by our guy. It's not, so the jury is out.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:11 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:

phpBB [video]

Still, good enough to be a part of RCA's 1980 box set, Elvis Aron Presley.

If the tempo was right, this recording of "Burning Love" would definitely be in contention for finest live performance by our guy. It's not, so the jury is out.

The jury should consider the Suspicious Minds performances from 1969.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:18 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:

phpBB [video]

i always thought this one was cool aswell!
phpBB [video]

and i always liked duke's bass on this song