Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New Audionics: The Creeping Crud Express

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:06 pm

image001 (2).jpg

Right after the release of the very controversial Houston, August 28th, 1976 show (‚HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM…‘), Audionics is back with another remarkable release with more previously unreleased soundboard material. This time, Audionics presents Elvis in solid form during his memorable May/June ’75 tour.

Elvis often wore different Phoenix jumpsuits in May/June ’75, and in a way that’s entirely appropriate. Compared with the fall of ’74, he looked fresh and rejuvenated, sounded great, and seemed genuinly happy about being on the road again. He was like a phoenix rising from its ashes.

Fortunately, the June ’75 tour is well-documented, and most of the shows have been released on soundboard. In this deluxe package, Audionics presents for the first time the unreleased afternoon show in Shreveport, Louisiana on June 7th, 1975 – a real killer show. Even though most of the shows on this tour have a similar setlist, it’s always a treat to hear a new show from this remarkable tour and to hear unique moments - like different dialogue, fun interplay with the audience and of course small variations in the way he performs the songs or especially good versions. The audio quality of this soundboard is topnotch.

The Dallas show has been out before, first by RCA in 1980, and then more complete on import as ‘Dallas Seventyfive Uncensored’ a couple of years ago. We were able to obtain a superior and even more complete tape source, and it’s a joy to hear this fantastic show in excellent sound.

Presented in a deluxe double digipak with rare photos (some are published in color for the first time here) and relevant liner notes, this is another winner that every die-hard fan must own.

Tracklist:
CD1:
01. I Got A Woman / Amen (incomplete) - 02. Love Me - 03. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 04. Love Me Tender - 05. All Shook Up - 06. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 07. Hound Dog - 08. The Wonder Of You - 09. Burning Love - 10. Introductions by Elvis of Singers, Musicians - 11. Johnny B. Goode (James Burton) - 12. School Day (Joe Guercio Orchestra) - 13. T.R.O.U.B.L.E. - 14. Why Me Lord? - 15. How Great Thou Art (with reprise) - 16. Let Me Be There (with reprise) - 17. An American Trilogy - 18. Funny How Time Slips Away (with reprise) - 19. Little Darlin' - 20. Mystery Train / Tiger Man - 21. Can't Help Falling In Love - 22. Closing Vamp / Announcements.

CD2:
01. I Got A Woman / Amen (incomplete) - 02. Love Me - 03. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 04. Love Me Tender - 05. All Shook Up - 06. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 07. Hound Dog - 08. The Wonder Of You - 09. Burning Love - 10. Introductions by Elvis of Singers, Musicians - 11. Johnny B. Goode (James Burton) - 12. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) - 13. Bass Solo (Jerry Scheff) - 14. Piano Solo (Glen D. Hardin) - 15. School Day (Joe Guercio Orchestra) - 16. T.R.O.U.B.L.E. - 17. Why Me Lord? - 18. How Great Thou Art - 19. Let Me Be There (with reprise) - 20. An American Trilogy - 21. Little Darlin' - 21. Mystery Train / Tiger Man - 22. Can't Help Falling In Love - 23. Closing Vamp / Announcements.

Friday, June 6, 1975, 8:30 pm, Convention Center's Memorial Auditorium, Dallas, TX &
previously unreleased Saturday, June 7, 1975, 2:30 pm, Hirsch Coliseum, Shreveport, LA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Audionics: The Creeping Crud Express

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:11 pm

I can't say if the title is horrible or hiralious but the cover is topnotch for sure! A refreshing change from the usual "close-up photo, black background" covers. Good job!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 pm

...and, of course, this will be a much better CD than "Houston, We Have a Problem". For me though, "Houston" is a far more interesting release. Like many others here I own a truckload of soundboards from this (very nice) tour. But I'll probably get this one too in order to support Audionics.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:56 pm

I'll be getting this one for sure, though I'd prefer it to be a single disc release of the Shrevport show.

PS. Looking at the cover one might think the release is aimed at the Japanese market. :wink: The title? Pretty creepy.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Cool! "Funny How Time Slips Away" with reprise!

I reallly love to compare the sound quality with the Shreveport FTD...

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:45 pm

This will be a fantastic release with Elvis in TOP FORM anyone who had difficulty hearing the 'audience' release of the Shreveport A/S will have no problem hearing the FUN in this release Elvis at his touring 1975 BEST rest assured this will be a fantastic listening package...note this A/S is one of the more complete June 1975 soundboards,,, :D 8) :wink: :P

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:22 pm

I think the title is quite apt. The Elvis show steamrolling into town, with the main attraction not at his best.......

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 pm

hm80ep wrote:I'll be getting this one for sure, though I'd prefer it to be a single disc release of the Shrevport show.

Me too. It's better to focus on one date only, and also I am tired of reissues in general. A single disc would have been better, no doubt.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:37 pm

What a great title ( :mrgreen: ) and what a cool, 1970ish looking artwork ( :D ).

Even though the shows are very similar and Elvis isn't always giving 100%, the concerts are quite entertaining and fun to listen to.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Is the afternoon show as good as the evening show?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
hm80ep wrote:I'll be getting this one for sure, though I'd prefer it to be a single disc release of the Shrevport show.

Me too. It's better to focus on one date only, and also I am tired of reissues in general. A single disc would have been better, no doubt.

I know what you mean, but my dealer only charges me about £4 more for a double than for a single disc, so I would rather pay that bit extra now than feel tempted to pay full price somewhere down the line, for just the "improved" Dallas show.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Great stuff from the Audionics guys! Unreleased soundboards is great in these day and age! Looking forward to more unreleased soundboards!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:50 pm

... and me thought those discussions only unwind, when the doc is involved.
how wrong i was.
but this what makes this board so great: you learn something new every day! ::rocks

... ping ... pong .... ping ... pong ... etc. asf.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 pm

While I appreciate how easy it is to make negative comments, I am suspicious of the improved sound quality.

I have just obtained Back With A Bang which was an upgrade from the Fort Baxter Profile Boxset volume two - CD 4 from memory featuring Youre The Reason I'm Living. Anyway, as far as I can tell, it sounds as though someone has just turned up the treble - very harsh on the ear - especially through £650 grado RS1 headphones.

I lose track - is the first soundboard really unreleased?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:38 pm

LesterB wrote:is the first soundboard really unreleased?

The Shreveport show is. FTD released the evening show last year with this beauty.

The matinee show hasn't seen the light of day.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Thank you, Rob.

If its an unreleased 75 SB then I had better get it. That said, if FTD release this then it will be a waste of money. However, buying material multiple times is par for the course being an Elvis fan.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 pm

...as scarce as soundboards are these days, its another must have! Thank goodness its not another summer of 76 one tho! :wink:

JEFF d
EP fan

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:47 pm

The Dallas show on bootleg was slightly improved over what RCA / BMG released, so here we go again with 3rd time lucky for this show featuring an extra 14 seconds, no doubt! :roll:

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:22 pm

the spectrum 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Christopher wrote:... and me thought those discussions only unwind, when the doc is involved.
how wrong i was.

but this what makes this board so great: you learn something new every day! ::rocks

... ping ... pong .... ping ... pong ... etc. asf.

Follow the light!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Wonderful! THE show I attended where I shook Elvis' hand during the closing vamp. Too bad it's not complete, but hearing this show again in my home (versus 4th row that afternoon) will be exciting. And so now portions of every show on soundboard from the tour I followed with only the opening show on May 30 missing (where he performed THAT'S ALL RIGHT for the only time on the tour). At least I have the recording I made of that show!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Highly recommendable. TOP !

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Christopher Brown wrote:Wonderful! THE show I attended where I shook Elvis' hand during the closing vamp. Too bad it's not complete, but hearing this show again in my home (versus 4th row that afternoon) will be exciting. And so now portions of every show on soundboard from the tour I followed with only the opening show on May 30 missing (where he performed THAT'S ALL RIGHT for the only time on the tour). At least I have the recording I made of that show!

AMAZING STORY. Can you describe what it was like seeing Elvis that close up and interacting with him?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Again, for those who've heard both the afternoon and evening shows, how does this afternoon show compare with the evening show we have on FTD?