Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis' burial site at Graceland?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:19 am

Is Elvis body under the headstone in the meditation garden, because I'm reading something that challenges that.

Re: Elvis' burial site at Graceland?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:23 am

Yes, and it's also entombed in a sealed concrete box six feet deep.

Please don't tell us your reading Gail Brewer-Giorgio's - Elvis Is Alive. :facep:

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Yes hes Buried there. The concrete vaults are copper lined Elvis casket is six foot deep in the vault and the Granite slab and bronze marker are resting on concrete slabs around the top of the vault.
rumours were rife he was buried under the statue of jesus but that's not true. I saw a photo years back of a massive crane bearing the vaults of ep and his mother :(
Hope this helps you.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:21 pm

daz cav wrote:Yes hes Buried there. The concrete vaults are copper lined Elvis casket is six foot deep in the vault and the Granite slab and bronze marker are resting on concrete slabs around the top of the vault.
rumours were rife he was buried under the statue of jesus but that's not true. I saw a photo years back of a massive crane bearing the vaults of ep and his mother :(
Hope this helps you.

I've heard about the statue under Jesus rumour of EP being buried there, never seen the photo you mentioned though, googled for it but no results, anyone have it?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:53 pm

It's all described In detail in Dick Grobs book The Elvis Conspiracy and Nancy Rooks book Inside Graceland.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Maybe intheghetto is reading the story that Elvis and his parents are really buried in unmarked graves in Tupelo.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:56 pm

intheghetto wrote:Is Elvis body under the headstone in the meditation garden, because I'm reading something that challenges that.

So what are you reading?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:32 am

daz cav wrote:Yes hes Buried there. The concrete vaults are copper lined Elvis casket is six foot deep in the vault and the Granite slab and bronze marker are resting on concrete slabs around the top of the vault.
Hope this helps you.

Can you show us that "crane-photo"?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 am

After Elvis died, it was Vernon's request that when he dies that he wanted to be buried in the middle of both Elvis and Gladys.

I have no doubt that Elvis and his parents are all buried in the Meditation Gardens at Graceland along with Minnie May where they claim to be.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 am

When I lived in Memphis in 1984. I met a guy who worked for Wilber Vaults, a vault burial company. He was there during the installation and the burial. Now as to whether Elvis was in the casket laid at his grave? .......just kidding, I gave up on that theory years ago!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:34 am

Billy Budd wrote:
Hope this helps you.

Can you show us that "crane-photo"?

I wish I could ive never seen it since i saw it 20 years back.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:07 am

Dick Grob's book has a very detailed discussion of Elvis's burial vault at Graceland. Very interesting, even if the rest of the book is somewhat questionable.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:46 am

I first read it in a very tabloid-esque exploitation mag a year or two after his death. It was one of those all-Elvis issues of some rag. Total trash, but things like that hang around, it seems.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 pm

When I was in Memphis I had the feeling somehow that Elvis was still buried at the Forest Hill cemetery. Just sayin'.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:38 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:When I was in Memphis I had the feeling somehow that Elvis was still buried at the Forest Hill cemetery. Just sayin'.

I have to agree with you there lucky, for some strange reason being in the Meditation Garden, there is just an empty vibe, it somehow just doesn't feel like his grave... smt176

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:33 pm

I just found this photo it seems if Elvis and his mother weren't buried there why would they go to the trouble of digging.When all it needed was the placing of the engraved stones.
http://qa.kicktest.com/service/displayD ... 169404-p=2

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:53 pm

When I walk through the Meditation Garden, I feel Elvis' presence very strongly there. It is a very emotional feeling to be there. I like to go just after sunrise when normally no one is around.

Oh, I absolutely believe he is there.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Why would Elvis not be buried in Graceland?

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 pm

LesterB wrote:Why would Elvis not be buried in Graceland?

The gossip, which has NO basis in fact, was that he was under the Arms of Jesus statue off to the side.

It's not true. It was, apparently, just an excuse for a story with a "shocking" headline. Stupid stuff. So, if you're "looking at" Elvis, you should maybe look over to the side. {eyeroll} It is NOT true.

rjm
P.S. -- Oh, and to answer the question on that site; you bury a husband next to a wife. Period. (They were separated by death, not divorce.) If an offspring is buried next to his or her parents, he is not supposed to be between them. That would be inappropriate, and I have never understood why people have thought Elvis should have special dispensation. Vernon could have put himself on the end, but that would have put him very far from his own mother. The placings are appropriate.

Last edited by rjm on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:36 pm

rjm wrote:

The gossip, which has NO basis in fact, was that he was under the Arms of Jesus statue off to the side.

It's not true. It was, apparently, just an excuse for a story with a "shocking" headline. Stupid stuff. So, if you're "looking at" Elvis, you should maybe look over to the side. {eyeroll} It is NOT true.

rjm

:shock: Thanks, rjm

Sent From My Wonderful iPad :wink:

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:04 pm

rjm wrote:

rjm
P.S. -- Oh, and to answer the question on that site; you bury a husband next to a wife. Period. (They were separated by death, not divorce.) If an offspring is buried next to his or her parents, he is not supposed to be between them. That would be inappropriate, and I have never understood why people have thought Elvis should have special dispensation. Vernon could have put himself on the end, but that would have put him very far from his own mother. The placings are appropriate.

Not that I care either way but Vernon could have put Elvis at the end.

Elvis
Gladys
Vernon
Minnie May

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:23 pm

When she was alive it was always Elvis and Gladys together, by Vernon having himself put in the middle he made sure he wasn't left out again! Another thought is he wanted to be between the two people he loved the most and was thinking of himself rather than what Elvis may have wanted. I've read that Elvis talked about his funeral, said he wanted people to wear white clothes and didn't want to be buried under the ground..etc.. so I'm sure he, knowing how much he loved his mother, would have requested being buried next to her.Maybe board member TNYwho knows some of the MM could clear this up by asking Billy Smith?