Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New Ed Bonja book is out

Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Just flicked through a copy of the new Ed Bonja book. It appears that at least 95% of the phötös are previously published, maný of them already appearing in JAT books. The reproduction of many of them is below par and they are not as sharp as they could or should be. I am not going to buy this book as I already have virtually everything before.

Re: New Ed Bonja book is out

Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:01 pm

BURBANKMAN wrote:Just flicked through a copy of the new Ed Bonja book. It appears that at least 95% of the phötös are previously published, maný of them already appearing in JAT books. The reproduction of many of them is below par and they are not as sharp as they could or should be. I am not going to buy this book as I already have virtually everything before.

What you're saying is pretty unexpected, I must say. I paid for my copy of the book yesterday (will be receiving it next week). Did I make a huge mistake?

PS. The ad for the book reads "[...]with more than 200 rare and unreleased Elvis photographs [...]." Only a fool would believe that, but 95% of them being previously published? If true, that really sucks.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes, it is disappointing. Ed was in Bad Nauheim and he was selling the same old photos again, especially the one taken on the plane by the door. That was nice 30 years ago but it's been so overused since.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:39 pm

And for 59 Euros WAAAAAY too expensive... sorry, Ed.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:54 pm

just recieved ;'elvis on tour 1970 ' by keiren davis....need say nothing more~! :D

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Would be great if someone could post some pictures so we could get an impression of the book.
It has to be better than the 10 year old "I shot Elvis" ?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:47 pm

and "elvis files 6" , already been released?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Yes, The Elvis Files Volume 6 was sold in Bad Nauheim.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:28 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:Would be great if someone could post some pictures so we could get an impression of the book.

If you the JAT books / magazines featuring live concert photos, then most of the pics have been in those and other publications.. "Standing room only" book is a good example.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Tony.. wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:Would be great if someone could post some pictures so we could get an impression of the book.

If you the JAT books / magazines featuring live concert photos, then most of the pics have been in those and other publications.. "Standing room only" book is a good example.

Thanks.
Actually I dont have any JAT books,never collected them so maybe this one is something I would enjoy......a plus if this book contains alternate album sleeves and unedited pictures that was used for album/single sleeves?

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:07 pm

I bought the book in Bad Nauheim and yes, 59 Euros is a lot, but the photos are essential.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:44 pm

I've seen a lot of the pictures used in the book in better quality. It includes a few good ones, but it is way too expensive.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:21 pm

EAP35 wrote:Yes, The Elvis Files Volume 6 was sold in Bad Nauheim.

Great marketing by Lorentzen, selling the book directly at a convention and Elvis seller's everywhere who are waiting are not even informed when the book will be available or when they will receive their share of the books ... :smt023

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Joern wrote: ... I've seen a lot of the pictures used in the book in better quality ... but it is way too expensive ...

Same for me.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Sodman wrote:I bought the book in Bad Nauheim and yes, 59 Euros is a lot, but the photos are essential.

Yes, if you don't already own many of the previous books about Elvis' concerts. There is hardly anything in this book that hasn't already been published at least once before.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:43 am

These are nice but just too expensive for me. Too much music out there to buy at the moment. :D

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Ed was involved with the huge "Fashion for a King" FTD book (he acknowledges so on the rear of the book's cover), so all he seems to have done with his own book is just re-print the same photos that were used in "FFAK" and many other books from before. So his collection of useable photos must now be well and truly spent I would imagine.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Yes due to huge megga cost i didn't buy this book or the Pirazda Hawaii book either~ :|

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Just received this book and i must say that i'm very, very dissapointed. 99% of the pics we've seen before, and in much better quality. Lots of pics are not sharp and the colours are not bright. What a piece of crap! Avoid and save your money !!! :facep:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:23 pm

EXACTLY what we have been telling you all along..... :facep:

Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:40 pm

So what books do you actually buy? And at what cost?

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:08 am

Sodman wrote:So what books do you actually buy? And at what cost?

Elvis Files 6!

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:06 am

And the book "Elvis files 6" contains 100% new unpublished photos of Elvis and all of them are very sharp??? And you can buy that book at an affordable cost?

I don´t think so, that book cost 110 Euros including shipping from their website.