Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Ginger Alden Tribute on Facebook

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:44 am

Yep, Ginger has done nothing for the last 30 years but milk her relationship with Elvis.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Chris Roberts wrote:
elvisjock wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:Yeah. She ran him ragged for the few months she was with him, and now her and her pushy sister are milking that period for all it's worth via the less intellectually gifted fans on Facebook.
Classy is not the immediate word that springs to mind.
There's a book available on pre-order. It's all about that. End of

The less intellectually gifted fans buy books by anybody remotely associated with Elvis.

Hence, Gingerbread, Poundcake and their fans are a perfect match, and the book will get some attention, especially if they tie-in the 80th birthday anniversary.

80th birthday. God.

80th birthday, that means I'll be 70. God.

I know the media is going to really go nuts over that, as though he would have been the Oldest Man Alive had he lived.

But there are many entertainers in their 80s, and some are extremely active. Does "William Shatner" ring any bells? Tony Bennett is considerably older.

It's a good long list; people are living longer and healthier these days. It certainly varies -- one thinks of the sad passing of Phil Everly recently, but it's certainly quite possible that if he'd gotten his act together, he'd be here like Marty, GK, etc., etc.

But the media will make a ton of jokes. I know it.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:13 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:Yeah. She ran him ragged for the few months she was with him, and now her and her pushy sister are milking that period for all it's worth via the less intellectually gifted fans on Facebook.

The less intellectually gifted fans buy books by anybody remotely associated with Elvis.

That's uncalled for Luuk. Now you're insulting a whole group of people who happen to like it to read about EPs life, and are very well capable of separating truth from lies.

Why always the negativity about EPs entourage? Swallow the turd. It's ages ago....

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:15 am

rjm wrote:
Chris Roberts wrote:
elvisjock wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:

Hence, Gingerbread, Poundcake and their fans are a perfect match, and the book will get some attention, especially if they tie-in the 80th birthday anniversary.

80th birthday. God.

80th birthday, that means I'll be 70. God.

I know the media is going to really go nuts over that, as though he would have been the Oldest Man Alive had he lived.

But there are many entertainers in their 80s, and some are extremely active. Does "William Shatner" ring any bells? Tony Bennett is considerably older.

It's a good long list; people are living longer and healthier these days. It certainly varies -- one thinks of the sad passing of Phil Everly recently, but it's certainly quite possible that if he'd gotten his act together, he'd be here like Marty, GK, etc., etc.

But the media will make a ton of jokes. I know it.

rjm

It just seems unreal to me. We've been saying, "Elvis would be ____ today," since 1978, when he would have been 43. It's hard to believe so much time has passed.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Geez..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Ehm.. North Korea comes to mind.... :lol:

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Poundcake! You go, girl!

I imagine that's a fine illustration of what Elvis was putting up with in 1977.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:29 pm

I didn't mind Ginger, and didn't think about Rosemary at all. After looking at Rosemary's page with all her selfies, lovingly touching her own face, reading the above example and going on what people have said, I am completely turned off.

They are self serving, trouble making drama queens. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:33 pm

TINML wrote:Geez..

If they say "God bless" at the end of that, they think that they are being loving and Christian.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:39 pm

So they kick you from group if you are in another fan group? WTC :facep:

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:58 pm

memphisound wrote:
yaso wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:I don't like Ginger and don't care about her so called tribute!

Any chance you can park your bitterness at the door for today, of all days? Thank you.

it's called Opinion , is that difficult for you to understand!! just ignore my comments like i always ignore yours

Evidently, not always. ;-)

Here, let me restate the obvious:

Any chance you can park your bitter Opinions at the door for today, of all days?

Again, I thank you.

Okay,if your non sense comments make you feel better, then Good luck! it's not worthy responding to you

Despite what happened between Elvis and Ginger, John is just saying for today of all day's be respectful. She has just as much right to mourn Elvis as anyone else, especially considering she was with him during perhaps his most difficult time in life!
That could be no easy task, especially someone at the age she was then. I found her post beautiful and spoken from the heart.

Well said, and I agree. Ginger has a story to tell, and every right to tell it. If someone chooses to ignore it, fine. Personally, I welcome any comments she wants to make.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Guess what? I just took a screen cap myself!

Of that posting, which is not only a Facebook violation, but is amoral. Echoes of Salem and Sen. Joseph McCarthy. "Inform." Good gravy!

God bless? Jesus didn't "inform" on others, to my knowledge.

That's sad. But real people got hurt in this. I mean, I know people who got really hurt bad because they value their reputation. I know people say it's only the Internet, but it's got to hurt to be "informed on."

Real "witch hunts" are based on thought crimes, not real ones. The "wrong" words or thoughts, guilt by association. The "punishment"? Naming, blaming, shaming -- ruining someone's good name. How? By turning in your friends! This is what a witch hunt actually looks like.

Eternal vigilance.

rjm

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:05 pm

rjm wrote:

Guess what? I just took a screen cap myself!

Of that posting, which is not only a Facebook violation, but is amoral. Echoes of Salem and Sen. Joseph McCarthy. "Inform." Good gravy!

God bless? Jesus didn't "inform" on others, to my knowledge.

That's sad. But real people got hurt in this. I mean, I know people who got really hurt bad because they value their reputation. I know people say it's only the Internet, but it's got to hurt to be "informed on."

Real "witch hunts" are based on thought crimes, not real ones. The "wrong" words or thoughts, guilt by association. The "punishment"? Naming, blaming, shaming -- ruining someone's good name. How? By turning in your friends! This is what a witch hunt actually looks like.

Eternal vigilance.

rjm

You are right, what is being done is absolutely dreadful, rjm, looks like karma at work happening elsewhere, in places such as these ...............

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:05 am

What they are trying to do is disgraceful, and low.
It is disgusting, and they will stoop to any depths to get back at people who have, effecitvely, done nothing to deserve it, except comment negatively on a picture of Elvis. This was deemed 'disrespectful' towards Elvis, yet on the same page and at the same time someone else posted a picture of Elvis with Joe Esposito, with Esposito's face turned into a clown's face: nobody complained about that being disrespectful, and as far as I know even admin, in the form of Rosemary and several of her devotees, had a good ole laugh about it (pic attached below).

The way Rosemary Alden has gone off the deep end on this demonstrates the deeply disturbed personality of a control freak with narcissistic tendencies.

Just go and look at the page that someone posted the other night (no idea who, but whoever it is is evidently still in the Elvis/Ginger Facebook Group and copying threads wholesale for our enjoyment):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Unoff ... 94?fref=ts

One of their members actually called us 'whores' on the page. This has since been removed as I reported it and Facebook, for once, acted on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:29 am

I watched all that unfold. The official group is made up of some sick puppies for sure.

But that Esposito pic made me chuckle!
Last edited by TINML on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:06 am

The point is, they make themselves out to be holier-than-thou and good God-fearing people etc etc.
And if someone uses a mild word like 'goddam' and dares say that Elvis looked anything like an Adonis, they kick them out of their nauseating little group.
BUT, apparently it is ok to take the piss out of an old man whose wife recently died, just because (I would imagine) he had no time for Ginger and co when she was pretending to be Elvis' girlfriend.
Joe's not stupid, and not are the other members of the remaining MM who can't stand Ginger or her family.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:45 am

Well, if it was MY facebook group, I wouldn't allow g---d----, that's taking God's name in vain. But I don't mind the f---'s and m---f---'s, and s----'s, and son of a b-----'s. In fact, if Jesus were on this earth today, he might let loose with an WTF or two after looking around this miserable place we call Earth. I don't know much about the Alden's, in the past they had kept quiet, so I wanted to believe the best about them. It seemed like every so-called friend Elvis ever had was milking their association with him for all the $$$ they could get. is Ginger going to take over the role of the grieving widow now?

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:59 am

She possibly thought so.

Their recent conduct has destroyed whatever credibility she had.

rjm

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:06 am

Poor Elvis, if this is an example of what he had to put up with, well, he is the saint.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:13 am

rjm wrote:She possibly thought so.

Their recent conduct has destroyed whatever credibility she had.

rjm

Well said, rjm. I have absolutely no interest in reading anything from people such as this.

They had no interest in the fans for 37 years, suddenly, with a book coming out, they are out in full force while causing trouble and arguments, while saying "God Bless". OMG, awful.

I will give my hard earned dollars to a charity.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:41 am

They are vile. Here are some excerpts of a copied conversation posted to that public page tonight, a few hours after I reported someone for calling me a whore:

***** I guess the fake ginger group reported me to Facebook
Like · · 4 hours ago
4 people like this..

***** ???? hows that ?
4 hours ago · Like · 3..

***** I got a notification saying ive been reported for one of my posts.I deleted it.it had to be them because that's all I posted 30 minutes ago.I guess the word whore wasn't well received
4 hours ago · Like · 6..

***** It said I violated Facebook community standards
4 hours ago · Like · 3..

***** "whore" is in the Bible
4 hours ago · Like · 6..

***** LOL!!! Im sorry for laughing guys
4 hours ago · Like · 4..

***** sounds like things are getting out of hand
4 hours ago · Like · 2..

***** In the bible?
4 hours ago · Like · 2..

***** Its no biggie.I deleted post .but ive seen alot more bad things than whore on Facebook. I guess I pissed her off !so mission accomplished
4 hours ago · Like · 4..

***** why does she hide, if she believe in what she is doing then why not be proud of it and confront yourself, I know because you are a huge coward!
4 hours ago · Like · 4..

***** well one comment I saw the person used the F bomb
4 hours ago · Like · 1..

***** totally confused and why on earth did they put up Elvis's will
4 hours ago · Like · 1..

***** I wondered the same thing *****
4 hours ago · Like..

***** I dont get any of this crap. I've said it for a long time being a fan has become a competitive sport. And, if you've seen or done something they didnt do then you're called a liar among other things. Thats why most of the time I dont get involved with the crap. Give me the days when fans were happy for other fans' experiences and memories they made. Its just different now.
4 hours ago · Like · 7..

***** You are so right *****.
4 hours ago · Like · 2..

***** Im on here because I love elvis and I didn't know a whole lot about g**** or r**** til I joined this site .but it didn't take long to respect r**** or g**** !they are very sweet beautiful ladies that are very active in this group! Ive never had one unanswered pm from either of them!they are great and so is this group!
4 hours ago · Like · 14..

R**** Thank you John and everyone!!
4 hours ago · Like · 8..

***** Your very welcome R****! Anytime
4 hours ago · Like · 3..

R**** It was *JaneTLC*! The Atheist.
3 hours ago · Like · 4..

***** The ratt! I got turned in by someone ive never heard of!lol
2 hours ago · Like · 3..

Although one has to wonder what a ratt is.
Idiots.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:47 am

And they think this is good publicity for the book :facep:
Poor Elvis! (and poor you Jane TLC for being called an atheist ratt)
No way I'm going to get this book.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:02 pm

I am sorry, too, Jane, for the treatment.

LOL, at least you can laugh to yourself at the spelling of the "ratt lady".

Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Their credibility is zero. Absolute zero. All you have to do is join their page and see for yourself. Period.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:10 pm

I wouldn't touch these two with a 10 foot barge pole or even think about joining their sick FB page. It's these kind of people that give Elvis a bad name....