Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Ginger Alden Tribute on Facebook

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Chris Roberts wrote:Ginger was, and still is, one of the best, she is still beautiful.

She can't be that old! 56/7 maybe...think she was about 21 in'77.

56 according to Wikipedia. Man in that picture she looks more like 36!

Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:07 pm

A picture posted last year doesn't mean taken last year ;) by the way the link leads to... Rosemary's FB ) and the tribute show pictures the family never took ) now it's ok to watch them of course but I have mixed feelings about such tributes on a day like today.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Ginger was in a tough situation. I don't think she really wanted to be there but her family pushed her. She may have loved Elvis and was excited to be around him and the whole situation but I've read she also loved her boyfriend and still wanted to do things a 20 year old likes to do like hang out with friends her own age. I think Elvis knew this and drove himself crazy trying to win her over. There was a lady in our fan club in Denver who knew a couple of guys in the group and I remember her telling us that she heard that Ginger was "twisting" Elvis (her words). I don't fault her for any of it. She was only 20 and thrust into a world of middle age men who had already done all the things she was just wanting to do. She has handled herself very well in these years since his death.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:35 pm

It's very sad what you wrote, but maybe true. Like Peter Guralnick wrote in Careless Love: the relationship between Elvis and Ginger became a "One Sided Love Affair", quoting a song Elvis recorded in 1956. But after 36 years after Elvis died we, his fans, we'll never be in Elvis 'shoes. So it's clear that Ginger gave Elvis moments of hapiness in the last 9 month of his life so on this tragic day we maybe focus only on the good things of the past.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:40 pm

I don't like Ginger and don't care about her so called tribute!

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:42 pm

yaso wrote:I don't like Ginger and don't care about her so called tribute!

I take it she did not "friend" you on FB ?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:49 pm

And why don't like her?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:53 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

I take it she did not "friend" you on FB ?

Really! is this the only reason to not like someone for you?!!!!! i never knew she has facebook page to begin with , and if i did i won't bother befriending her on FB
Last edited by yaso on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:10 pm

eligain wrote:

And why don't like her?

I always thought she and her family were opportunistic leeches in Elvis' life, it was obvious she didn't love him but yet she stayed ( by the encouragement of her family ) and drove the man more crazy, she had the right to not love him (i don't blame her for that) she was so younger than him but why stay if you loved someone else and wanted to live your youthful life!! for jewelry , money and more luxury life ! and of course Elvis was not in the right frame of mind at the time to obsess over an illusion .

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:04 pm

yaso wrote:
eligain wrote:

And why don't like her?

I always thought she and her family were opportunistic leeches in Elvis' life, it was obvious she didn't love him but yet she stayed ( by the encouragement of her family ) and drove the man more crazy, she had the right to not love him (i don't blame her for that) she was so younger than him but why stay if you loved someone else and wanted to live your youthful life!! for jewelry , money and more luxury life ! and of course Elvis was not in the right frame of mind at the time to obsess over an illusion .

I don't know too many 20-year-old women that would have been able to handle that situation. Bear in mind that Ginger was doomed from the start, when she was plopped into Linda's shoes and surrounded by people who yessed Elvis to death, while sniping behind his back about this "kid" he claimed to have fallen in love with.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Any chance you can park your bitterness at the door for today, of all days? Thank you.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:35 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Any chance you can park your bitterness at the door for today, of all days? Thank you.

it's called OPINION , is that difficult for you to understand!!? just ignore my comments like i always ignore yours

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:38 pm

yaso wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

it's called Opinion , is that difficult for you to understand!! just ignore my comments like i always ignore yours

Evidently, not always. ;-)

Here, let me restate the obvious:

Any chance you can park your bitter Opinions at the door for today, of all days?

Again, I thank you.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:51 pm

What a beautiful woman. Stunning.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

it's called Opinion , is that difficult for you to understand!! just ignore my comments like i always ignore yours

Any chance you can park your bitter Opinions at the door for today, of all days?

Again, I thank you.

Okay,if your non sense comments make you feel better, then Good luck! it's not worthy responding to you

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:23 am

yaso wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Again, I thank you.

Okay,if your non sense comments make you feel better, then Good luck! it's not worthy responding to you

Despite what happened between Elvis and Ginger, John is just saying for today of all day's be respectful. She has just as much right to mourn Elvis as anyone else, especially considering she was with him during perhaps his most difficult time in life!
That could be no easy task, especially someone at the age she was then. I found her post beautiful and spoken from the heart.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:38 am

memphisound wrote:
yaso wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
yaso wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Again, I thank you.

Despite what happened between Elvis and Ginger, John is just saying for today of all day's be respectful. She has just as much right to mourn Elvis as anyone else, especially considering she was with him during perhaps his most difficult time in life!
That could be no easy task, especially someone at the age she was then. I found her post beautiful and spoken from the heart.

I didn't say she has no right mourning!! i just don't buy her so called tribute! and Yes she was with him in the most difficult time in his life which she helped to make it Worse for him.
Last edited by yaso on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:38 am

Well, I tried. Twice!

Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:06 am

yaso wrote:
eligain wrote:

And why don't like her?

Money, was the prime motivation for Ginger's family to encourage her with the relationship.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:29 am

Reading Ginger's Facebook message to Elvis on August 16 brought tears to my eyes. Very touching.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Yeah. She ran him ragged for the few months she was with him, and now her and her pushy sister are milking that period for all it's worth via the less intellectually gifted fans on Facebook.
Classy is not the immediate word that springs to mind.
There's a book available on pre-order. It's all about that. End of

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Sure it's obviously about the book. Naive to think otherwise. As for her situation with Elvis in '77, I can see why she got involved, probably family interference and I am sure Elvis was persuasive even when he was blatantly no longer attractive physically. He was a legend.

But anyone blaming Ginger for Elvis' final demise etc is also naive. Elvis was a grown man who made his own decisions. He'd probably have been better off sorting himself out then finding the right woman. He didn't seem to be able to be alone, ever. Which is not a sign of someone who is comfortable with who they are. Shame as I feel had he lived longer and sorted out his problems, he'd have probably found a more mature woman who could add to his life in a deeper way than just being hot.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:06 pm

JaneTLC wrote:Yeah. She ran him ragged for the few months she was with him, and now her and her pushy sister are milking that period for all it's worth via the less intellectually gifted fans on Facebook.

The less intellectually gifted fans buy books by anybody remotely associated with Elvis.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:43 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:Yeah. She ran him ragged for the few months she was with him, and now her and her pushy sister are milking that period for all it's worth via the less intellectually gifted fans on Facebook.

The less intellectually gifted fans buy books by anybody remotely associated with Elvis.

Hence, Gingerbread, Poundcake and their fans are a perfect match, and the book will get some attention, especially if they tie-in the 80th birthday anniversary.

80th birthday. God.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:21 pm

elvisjock wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:

Hence, Gingerbread, Poundcake and their fans are a perfect match, and the book will get some attention, especially if they tie-in the 80th birthday anniversary.

80th birthday. God.

80th birthday, that means I'll be 70. God.