Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

'Elvis Presley - On Stage' To Tour The UK In 2014

Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:24 pm

'Elvis Presley - On Stage' to tour the UK in April / May 2014.

This new announced UK tour will be without the original TCB band, but will be joined with all
new musicians/singers helping to keep Elvis rocking concert arena's around the country. There is no
additional news of whether or not there will be any European tour dates being added?

It is not yet known if the new tour will follow the same format as before, or will the new band
members be bringing more performances to life by way of 50's TV performances, Movie songs
and of course 70's live songs?

Whatever the set-list, I'm sure Elvis fans across England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales will be
coming out to enjoy the closest thing to experiencing Elvis 'Live'. For past concert tours,
EPE and Stig Edgren have booked it into the large arenas. This time around it will play in smaller
venues with a larger geographical reach thus giving more fans a chance to see it, especially those
who cannot afford to travel or those with medical issues.

ELVIS IN CONCERT - 2014 UK TOUR DATES
Wed 30 Apr 2014 SHEFFIELD City Hall

Thu 01 May 2014 NEWCASTLE City Hall

Fri 02 May 2014 DUNDEE Caird Hall

Sat 03 May 2014 EDINBURGH Playhouse

Sun 04 May 2014 GLASGOW Clyde Auditorium

Mon 05 May 2014 LIVERPOOL Philharmonic

Wed 07 May 2014 PRESTON Guild Hall

Thu 08 May 2014 NOTTINGHAM Royal Concert Hall

Fri 09 May 2014 IPSWICH Regent Theatre

Sat 10 May 2014 BRIGHTON Centre

Sun 11 May 2014 PLYMOUTH Pavilion

Tue 13 May 2014 BRISTOL Colston Hall

Wed 14 May 2014 SOUTHEND Cliffs Pavilion

Thu 15 May 2014 BOURNEMOUTH BIC

Fri 16 May 2014 CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena

Sat 17 May 2014 MANCHESTER Bridgewater Hall

Sun 18 May 2014 MILTON KEYNES Theatre

Tue 20 May 2014 YORK Barbican

Wed 21 May 2014 LEICESTER De Montfort Hall

Thu 22 May 2014 OXFORD New Theatre

Fri 23 May 2014 BIRMINGHAM Symphony Hall

Sat 24 May 2014 LONDON Hammersmith Apollo

Sun 25 May 2014 LONDON Hammersmith Apollo
(Thanks to Elvis Matters for the dates)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Brian Quinn on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 'Elvis In Concert' Returns To The UK

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:50 pm

I know that this isn't to everyone's taste but I did enjoy the London show a few years ago.

I can imagine quite a good atmosphere in the Hammersmith Apollo: I'm tempted to go.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Good for those few who haven't seen the concert tours since 2000? but for me it is a no go.
For me it has become more and more "a happening"then a truly Elvis concert.

Too much "lets sell this and that"and promoting of other tribute artists who are spreading
their flyers outside and inside the auditorium every year. :?

Besides: If you wanna see how the show is gonna be shown this year?(or next year)
Just check Youtube a few days after the concert and you will know what you will get.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:33 am

Thank you baby Jebus!

I've never seen it - didn't know about it until maybe 2 or 3 years ago, didn't have the money to buy airplane tickets, lodging and the tickets to the show and besides last concert tour dates weren't good for me; but luckily this year's dates are good for me.

So this will be a very, very, very welcome treat for me

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:40 am

some of those venues are pretty small so it will be intimate at least

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:55 am

Will go see it at city hall in Sheffield. Will let you know how it is

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 am

keninlincs wrote:Will go see it at city hall in Sheffield. Will let you know how it is

Your avatar is cool...from Duxford IWM?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:56 pm

The tickets are already on sale:

Please go to http://www.theticketfactory.com

and type in 'Elvis Presley - On Stage'

Brian

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:10 pm

ML4EP wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Will go see it at city hall in Sheffield. Will let you know how it is

That's a great place.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:40 pm

sireltonjohn wrote:some of those venues are pretty small so it will be intimate at least

Yes, they are. Which only gives more evidence to my suggestion that Elvis's popularity is low at the moment. Wembley Arena capacity (2012 venue): 12500; Ipswich Regent Capacity (2013 venue): 1551.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:47 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
sireltonjohn wrote:some of those venues are pretty small so it will be intimate at least

Yes, they are. Which only gives more evidence to my suggestion that Elvis's popularity is low at the moment. Wembley Arena capacity (2012 venue): 12500; Ipswich Regent Capacity (2013 venue): 1551.

That's why tickets are selling fast. Already limited quantity at most venues.

Brian

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Brian

How would you know that? unless you are "friend" or "member" of each individual theatre, you can't see the seating plan and what seats are left because they're not on general sale yet.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:30 pm

I thought the tickets didn't go on sale until September?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 pm

23 shows in the best theatres and venues in the UK is a fantastic achievement, especially in the current economical climate.
I think many performers would be well pleased with this, and yet Elvis fans are whining as always. I think this is pretty impressive, especially now that the original musicians are no longer part of the line-up. And it wouldn’t surprise me if more dates were added. I expect a similar amount of shows on the European continent, most notably France, Belgium, Holland and Germany.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Rock Legend wrote:23 shows in the best theatres and venues in the UK is a fantastic achievement, especially in the current economical climate.
I think many performers would be well pleased with this, and yet Elvis fans are whining as always. I think this is pretty impressive, especially now that the original musicians are no longer part of the line-up. And it wouldn’t surprise me if more dates were added. I expect a similar amount of shows on the European continent, most notably France, Belgium, Holland and Germany.

Spot on.
It's a different format more suitable for smaller venues.

This may work out very well..
I'll give this a try when it comes to the Netherlands.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:09 pm

The dates, venues and approx. seating capacity are as follows:

Wed 30 Apr 2014 SHEFFIELD City Hall (2,271)

Thu 01 May 2014 NEWCASTLE City Hall (2,135)

Fri 02 May 2014 DUNDEE Caird Hall (2,150)

Sat 03 May 2014 EDINBURGH Playhouse (3,059)

Sun 04 May 2014 GLASGOW Clyde Auditorium (3,000)

Mon 05 May 2014 LIVERPOOL Philharmonic (1,693)

Wed 07 May 2014 PRESTON Guild Hall (2,035)

Thu 08 May 2014 NOTTINGHAM Royal Concert Hall (2,499)

Fri 09 May 2014 IPSWICH Regent Theatre (1,551)

Sat 10 May 2014 BRIGHTON Centre (4,500)

Sun 11 May 2014 PLYMOUTH Pavilion (2,500)

Tue 13 May 2014 BRISTOL Colston Hall (2,075)

Wed 14 May 2014 SOUTHEND Cliffs Pavilion (1,630)

Thu 15 May 2014 BOURNEMOUTH BIC (6,500)

Fri 16 May 2014 CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena (5,000)

Sat 17 May 2014 MANCHESTER Bridgewater Hall (2,341)

Sun 18 May 2014 MILTON KEYNES Theatre (1,376)

Tue 20 May 2014 YORK Barbican (1,500)

Wed 21 May 2014 LEICESTER De Montfort Hall (1,600)

Thu 22 May 2014 OXFORD New Theatre (1,800)

Fri 23 May 2014 BIRMINGHAM Symphony Hall (1,885)

Sat 24 May 2014 LONDON Hammersmith Apollo (3,632)

Sun 25 May 2014 LONDON Hammersmith Apollo (3,632).

Brian

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:45 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Brian

How would you know that? unless you are "friend" or "member" of each individual theatre, you can't see the seating plan and what seats are left because they're not on general sale yet.

The tickets for most venues are shown as 'limited' in supply.

Brian

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Brian

Brian

Yes, but I'm not sure what that actually means. For my local theatre, it generally means that's it over half full. I fail to see where this type of set-up will see members of the public spending money to go and see this. Sure, fans will go, but I fail to see the incentive for people outside of that. At least in the big arenas, there was the sense of atmosphere or an event as there always is in an arena or stadium, plus you were seeing Presley's own band. Here you get regular theatres, Elvis on a screen and a band of mostly unknown studio musicians. I don't see the point, and certain not £35 worth of point! That's s expensive as a seat for a full-blown musical or opera in these theatres - and they involve big choruses, orchestras and sets! My guess is that fans will buy their tickets now, and then sales will pretty much stop once that has happened.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:11 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Brian

Brian

Yes, but I'm not sure what that actually means. For my local theatre, it generally means that's it over half full. I fail to see where this type of set-up will see members of the public spending money to go and see this. Sure, fans will go, but I fail to see the incentive for people outside of that. At least in the big arenas, there was the sense of atmosphere or an event as there always is in an arena or stadium, plus you were seeing Presley's own band. Here you get regular theatres, Elvis on a screen and a band of mostly unknown studio musicians. I don't see the point, and certain not £35 worth of point! That's s expensive as a seat for a full-blown musical or opera in these theatres - and they involve big choruses, orchestras and sets! My guess is that fans will buy their tickets now, and then sales will pretty much stop once that has happened.

I disagree. I forecast a fast sell-out with most of the tickets gone before the end of this year, especially coming on the heels of the prime time TV Special 'The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song' and anticipated high album chart position resulting therefrom leading up to the lucrative Christmas market. Further, it also depends on the amount of publicity given to the respective concerts which in turn depends on the break even point financially for the local promoter. Certainly it will be much cheaper to produce with the new musicians/singers than with the TCB Band/Sweet Inspirations/The Stamps/Imperials etc. However, time will tell.

Brian

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:39 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Brian

Brian

Why do you have to put a negative on most things?

This is great news that this tour is coming back and im pleased that they will have totally new musicians.

The TCB band are now too old. It was great to see the TCB band when they performed for the previous tours but its time to bring in some fresh and younger musicians.

Makes no difference to me that the musicians never performed with Elvis and im sure the sound will be fantastic.

I certainly plan to go to the London shows. :D

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:13 am

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Brian

Brian

This is great news that this tour is coming back and im pleased that they will have totally new musicians.

The TCB band are now too old. It was great to see the TCB band when they performed for the previous tours but its time to bring in some fresh and younger musicians.

Makes no difference to me that the musicians never performed with Elvis and im sure the sound will be fantastic.

If being honest is being negative, then so be it. You're paying £35 to go and watch a movie. If that's your bag, fine, but it's a lot of money for a trip to the cinema.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Brian

Brian

If being honest is being negative, then so be it. You're paying £35 to go and watch a movie. If that's your bag, fine, but it's a lot of money for a trip to the cinema.

It's not a movie, its a live show.

I have been to see a number of films and 'live' shows over the years and there is a big difference.

I can't recall seeing a film where there are musicians playing live on stage and the crowd shouting and screaming and giving a standing ovation at the end.

Maybe you should keep your opinions about this to yourself if you feel the way you do and stop putting people off from going cause its certainly worth the price of the ticket for a great night out.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:18 pm

ML4EP wrote:

I took it at Waddington air show in July

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Brian

Brian

It's not a movie, its a live show.

I have been to see a number of films and 'live' shows over the years and there is a big difference.

I can't recall seeing a film where there are musicians playing live on stage and the crowd shouting and screaming and giving a standing ovation at the end.

Maybe you should keep your opinions about this to yourself if you feel the way you do and stop putting people off from going cause its certainly worth the price of the ticket for a great night out.

If people can't make their own mind up, then that their own tough sh*t.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:03 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Bodie wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

If people can't make their own mind up, then that their own tough sh*t.

The good news is that it will have no impact. I have thoroughly enjoyed the show, and will go again and two of my teens are keen to come with me as well, but in all fairness to poormadpeter, i do know some who feel his way.

As a side issue on a point raised that Elvis's popularity being on the low side at present, there is something in that, but there are other indications it is holding up reasonably well as well and actually beterr than many current big name acts too.