Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

PopMarket Selling 1st Edition (Numbered) of Complete Masters

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Just saw this posted at PopMarket.com. While they have selling the un-numbered 2nd edition of The Complete Masters box on prior occasions, today they are selling a limited quantity of the numbered 1st edition. Now, I thought we were told all were sold out in 2010.

Here's the link:http://www.popmarket.com/details/28772657?feature_id=28772626

Two questions come to mind: (1) What numbers are available? (2) How many editions are now available?

Re: PopMarket Selling 1st Edition (Numbered) of Complete Mas

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Upon release in 2010, the initial limited edition numbered run of The Complete Elvis Presley Masters was an instant sell out, prompting a second, un-numbered edition to be produced to satisfy demand. Recently discovered, a very small quantity of the extremely limited numbered first run editions (only 1000 were ever produced worldwide) are available once again in this exclusive POPmarket.com offer.

I guess they were lost for a couple yrs :facep:

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:19 pm

sweetangeline wrote:Upon release in 2010, the initial limited edition numbered run of The Complete Elvis Presley Masters was an instant sell out, prompting a second, un-numbered edition to be produced to satisfy demand. Recently discovered, a very small quantity of the extremely limited numbered first run editions (only 1000 were ever produced worldwide) are available once again in this exclusive POPmarket.com offer.

Yeah, if someone gets a number below 50, I will be ticked as I bought the set when it first came out.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:20 pm

I think the larger question would be if this is not a knockoff. some of the Pop Market releases are from the EU repackaged for the US...the Sam Cooke set, the Eagles set. If they are in fact original runs, then that means the set sold fewer than 1000 copies.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Somehow I feel cheated now... :(

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 pm

$599.99

Hmmmmm maybe I'll buy this now 8)

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:14 pm

We know from track listings that people involved with Elvis product can't count to 21, let alone 1000. The fact that someone lost a pack of $700 items is, sadly, no surprise!

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:17 pm

A cool £458.98 if you want to import it into the UK.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Another marketing gimmick to sell whatever copies they have left in the Sony warehouse.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:12 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:A cool £458.98 if you want to import it into the UK.

Many here will no doubt suggest that's a bargain!

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:53 am

Back in 1992 weren't the "Complete 50's Masters" boxes all individually numbered? I even seem to recall an ad in Goldmine magazine alerting readers to the numbers from a batch of boxes that had been reported stolen.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 am

Hank wrote:Back in 1992 weren't the "Complete 50's Masters" boxes all individually numbered? I even seem to recall an ad in Goldmine magazine alerting readers to the numbers from a batch of boxes that had been reported stolen.

Yes, as was the 60s box.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:00 pm

I will let you know what number mine is. I hope they do not try to substitute a 2nd edition issue on me!! They can still be had for $549 on this site.

https://www.popmarket.com/elvis-presley ... s/25829668

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:03 pm

skatterbrane wrote:I will let you know what number mine is. I hope they do not try to substitute a 2nd edition issue on me!! They can still be had for $549 on this site.

Please do. I wonder if it will be a low number.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:12 pm

I doubt it. That it is the 1st numbered series at all is cool with me. It is not all that unusual to have a "warehouse find" on this sorts of items. What I wonder is:

1. How many of these are there left?
2. Why are there still some available that I could buy one almost 24 hours later?!

I would have thought even if there were 200 of them, they would have sold out in a few hours.

I guess this are just not as "collectable" or valuable as most people think. I would not doubt they will soon be selling at $300 a set.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 pm

skatterbrane wrote:I will let you know what number mine is. I hope they do not try to substitute a 2nd edition issue on me!! They can still be had for $549 on this site.

On your link it's the second run of the set at the price of $ 613

on this link
http://www.popmarket.com/details/287726 ... d=28772626

it's the first run

and the price is different. It's $ 705

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Phil wrote:

On your link it's the second run of the set at the price of $ 613

on this link
http://www.popmarket.com/details/287726 ... d=28772626

it's the first run

and the price is different. It's $ 705

PopMarket has not sold out of these newly found first runs.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:56 pm

skatterbrane wrote:I guess this are just not as "collectable" or valuable as most people think. I would not doubt they will soon be selling at $300 a set.

I almost caved In and bought this at the $599.00 price yesterday, but I think you are right about this coming way down in a very short time,I think I will wait a little longer and keep checking in at POPS every day now, they went from the original $750 down to $599.00 yesterday and now at $549.00.

What's it going to be tomorrow or next week, your guess at $300 or even lower, I am waiting this one out by candlelight, because I want this as cheap as possible, and the second I see this price drop to where I know they won't go any lower, I am going to scooped this up in a Click of the mouse. :D

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Damn, I must have gotten the last one?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Mike C wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:Upon release in 2010, the initial limited edition numbered run of The Complete Elvis Presley Masters was an instant sell out, prompting a second, un-numbered edition to be produced to satisfy demand. Recently discovered, a very small quantity of the extremely limited numbered first run editions (only 1000 were ever produced worldwide) are available once again in this exclusive POPmarket.com offer.

Yeah, if someone gets a number below 50, I will be ticked as I bought the set when it first came out.

Be prepared to be ticked off then. One of the found editions was number 5.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/t ... st-9260452

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Claus wrote:
Mike C wrote:

:shock: :o

AAAAH! Five is my favourite number...

I still wonder what that "found" means... :?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Claus wrote:
Mike C wrote:

Now I am pissed. :twisted: I bought an unopened second edition a year ago as backup - wish I had held out for this sale.

What is really galling is folks got this low a number and paid $200 less then it was originally sold.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Well there is no such thing as a successful "manufactured" collector's item. Things become collector's items organically. They cannot be purposely intended to be a collector's item.

LPM-3989 is a collector's item. The Danbury Mint stuff is worthless. The value of the initial Beatles Mono boxes was obliterated when they came out with the second edition. I suppose there will come a day when the CM is out of print, but it will probably never become collectable as there just isn't enough people who want it to drive the prices up much above $600 a set. And like I say, don't be surprised if we see a $300-$400 blowout price one day.

Numbered one of 1000, and oh, by the way, there is going to be a 2nd edition were we will make more than we can hope to sell.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am

Son of a bee wacking farmer I got number TWO. I wonder if number one was still available when these were "found"?

I have to admit, being an almost broke and practical man, I am going to try to sell this on Ebay for big bucks and then buy a second edition. Use the difference to pay some bills.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:21 am

holy hell that's crazy man!!!!!

JEFF d
EP fan