Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 pm

rlj4ep wrote:Those of you who have heard the show, is it any worse than the August 30, 1976 show? Just wondering.

rlj

Without checking which show that is (Tuscaloosa?) I can promise you that Tuscaloosa was a great show compared to this.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:08 am

LesterB wrote:..... not sure if this will make page 29 but here goes.

I received my copy this morning and, as others have mentioned, it is not as bad as feared. However, this is one of the few times since Elvis' death that I have really felt for him - horrible to hear him like this - vulnerable and truly lost. If only Parker had asked the police to have a quite word with Elvis - this might have facilitated a rock bottom for Elvis :?:

To cheer myself up, I looked through the Elvis Files volume two and listened to the Jailhouse Rock FTD. After the Young and Beautiful version which is supposed to be the first time he sings after his throat operation in the film, Elvis jokes how bad do you want me to sing this in response to him really dumbing down his singing. How ironic.

The version has to be the one he did in prison or the one in the Club, just after he got out of prison. Those are the versions he sang plainly and soullessly. He is wonderful on the "after the throat operation" version.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:09 am

Robert wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:Those of you who have heard the show, is it any worse than the August 30, 1976 show? Just wondering.

rlj

Without checking which show that is (Tuscaloosa?) I can promise you that Tuscaloosa was a great show compared to this.

OH NOOOO!

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:20 am

I find Tuscaloosa better than Houston. Not much, but it's better imo.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:26 am

rlj

trust me, Tuscaloosa, New Haven, Hampton roads and Macon are really much better that this concert.....Huston is TERRIBLE
He sings a talks like a 90 year old man...the title make sense but could have been call "If you sing in your sleep" too :roll:

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:46 am

Lexie1973 wrote:I find Tuscaloosa better than Houston. Not much, but it's better imo.

atleast elvis can keep pace and stay in note in tuscaloosa.
In tuscaloosa we have a (almost) perfect live version of love letters, Great version of hurt!, Great you gave me a mountain, a Rocking ''good'' mystery train tiger man, i even enjoyed if you love me let me know from this show.. not a good version by all means but heck.. Houston is certainly NOT a good concert... In houston i only enjoy polk salad annie :(
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:49 am

Lexie1973 wrote:I find Tuscaloosa better than Houston. Not much, but it's better imo.

correct!~ :D

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:02 am

There are some excerpts of the show on youtube and to me it's not as bad as some people are letting on. Check it out and see for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keH3yi8h1z8

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:04 am

sherrlon12 wrote:There are some excerpts of the show on youtube and to me it's not as bad as some people are letting on. Check it out and see for yourself:
phpBB [video]

It's too bad Bob Claypool was unable to hear these excerpts before writing his Houston Post column.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:05 am

Macon 1976 is a good show in my opinion. The end of the tape slows (batteries may have gotten low) but overall it's a strong performance. And if you ever see the video footage with the audience recorded sound you hear constant screaming and hollering. The fans were really into that show.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:06 am

Macon 1976 is a good show in my opinion. The end of the tape slows (batteries may have gotten low) but overall it's a strong performance. And if you ever see the video footage with the audience recorded sound you hear constant screaming and hollering. The fans were really into that show.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:07 am

sherrlon12 wrote:Macon 1976 is a good show in my opinion. The end of the tape slows (batteries may have gotten low) but overall it's a strong performance. And if you ever see the video footage with the audience recorded sound you hear constant screaming and hollering. The fans were really into that show.

You are speaking of 8-31-1976?

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:14 am

I enjoy it and like the song line up and he seems in good spirits. Of course I live close to Macon so maybe that clouds my judgement somewhat. :D

It's a strong performance for that tour. I'm sure Macon 1972 was stronger.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:17 am

Macon 1976 was the first 'decent show' from that bad tour. One only has to look at an 'awake' Elvis in the close up footage widely available to see that. Not a good show but 'good' compared to what had been put out in previous 5 shows!~ :?

your right Macon 72 was indeed 'stronger!~'
Macon 77' wasn't all that good either :cry:

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 am

sherrlon12 wrote:There are some excerpts of the show on youtube and to me it's not as bad as some people are letting on. Check it out and see for yourself:

"It's awesome!"

Riiiiiight.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:07 am

Tuscaloosa has an almost perfect version of Love Letters? Wow! I find these slow, droning versions to be amongst the most painful aspects of these 1976 concerts. About the only Love Letters I want to hear was recorded in 1966.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:13 am

poormadpeter wrote:

"It's awesome!"

Riiiiiight.

I'm disappointed that anyone that cares about EP would post a second of this on youtube. That sucks.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:20 am

stevelecher wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

"It's awesome!"

Riiiiiight.

I'm disappointed that anyone that cares about EP would post a second of this on youtube. That sucks.

I said a long while back that this material doesn't stay within fan circles just because it's a bootleg these days. The same thing happened with Desert Storm - the only good thing here is that there probably isn't a shocking moment like the drug speech that will spread. The above video is more likely to act as a tranquiliser.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 am

...I so long for a July 1973 tour soundboard to be in as good sound as this one.

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:42 am

JEFF d wrote:...I so long for a July 1973 tour soundboard to be in as good sound as this one.

JEFF d
EP fan

I would take any tour show from '73 his singing was spot on!

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:00 am

memphisound wrote:
JEFF d wrote:...I so long for a July 1973 tour soundboard to be in as good sound as this one.

JEFF d
EP fan

I would take any tour show from '73 his singing was spot on!

absolutely any tour show from 1973 please!~ :D

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:35 am

I have listened some parts of the concert and I cannot believe some people would say that the concert is not that bad ...

Listen to All Shook Up ( edited since I messed up writing Jailhouse Rock)
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/housto ... roblem.htm
Last edited by Francesc on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 am

Francesc wrote:I have listened some parts of the concert and I cannot believe some people would say that the concert is not that bad ...

Listen to Jailhouse Rock

haha deponds on what your 'on' whilst listening (i guess)!~ :roll:

oh Francesc,,.. your link for the sound samples is for 'all shook up' + 'america' no 'jailhouse rock'
Last edited by YDKM on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:45 am

Francesc wrote:I have listened some parts of the concert and I cannot believe some people would say that the concert is not that bad ...

Listen to Jailhouse Rock

Mine arrives tomorrow. It's gonna be a tough listen. America sample didn't sound as bad as Jailhouse Rock though... Or All Shook Up...WTF. No more wine. Time for bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by paulsweeney on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:46 am

sherrlon12 wrote:There are some excerpts of the show on youtube and to me it's not as bad as some people are letting on.

Where's Charlie Brown when you need him?