Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Yeah not quite YDKM, what for the warble at the end then a sharp curve ball - you'd think he'd trained Shane Warne with that toss:

Cricket - the real sport!
phpBB [video]

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Robert wrote:
Never seen that before and now suddenly even footage shows up?

Thanks for sharing..

You’re right, this is the first time that we see actual footage from the concert. His movements look a bit sluggish, almost slow motion-like.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Rock Legend wrote:
Robert wrote:
Never seen that before and now suddenly even footage shows up?

Thanks for sharing..

You’re right, this is the first time that we see actual footage from the concert. His movements look a bit sluggish, almost slow motion-like.

Right, part looks like the ending of Jailhouse and there is hardly any movement.
Next to the soundboard another prove that this was an all time low and a full step down compared to College Park, where his vocals were way off, but he displayed quite some energy on stage.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Robert wrote:Right, part looks like the ending of Jailhouse and there is hardly any movement.
Next to the soundboard another prove that this was an all time low and a full step down compared to College Park, where his vocals were way off, but he displayed quite some energy on stage.

I’d be interested in seeing footage from College Park. I don’t think I’ve seen any thus far.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi Robert, its amazing you figured out the ending to Jailhouse Rock, and I think your right.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Rock Legend wrote:
Robert wrote:Right, part looks like the ending of Jailhouse and there is hardly any movement.

I’d be interested in seeing footage from College Park. I don’t think I’ve seen any thus far.

worthwhile

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Rock Legend wrote:You’re right, this is the first time that we see actual footage from the concert. His movements look a bit sluggish, almost slow motion-like.

Really? If you watched the footage without knowing it's from the Houston show you'd probably find that it looks pretty much like most of the footage from the era.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Pretty nice footage. After seenig some others from summer of 1976, I don't think that one shows "different" Elvis that all the others (from the period).

As for College Park, there was a really nice footage collector here, who said he has some materials from that shows, but was kindly kicked out for some reason.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Rock Legend wrote:

It's in private hands and we saw some of it during the three/four hour showing in Amsterdam.
Amazing quality, dubbed with soundboard sound (and the first show with the audience track)

Don't get me wrong, it was a puzzling show with Elvis in a strange mood but way, way different than the slurry Elvis we know from Omaha or Houston.
Looking at the footage you get the impression that Elvis worked pretty hard both nights with lots of movement and he had quite some fun as well.
But I have to be careful as some over here will think I'm trying to convince people the shows were great.. :wink:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Robert wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:

It's in private hands and we saw some of it during the three/four hour showing in Amsterdam.
Amazing quality, dubbed with soundboard sound (and the first show with the audience track)

Don't get me wrong, it was a puzzling show with Elvis in a strange mood but way, way different than the slurry Elvis we know from Omaha or Houston.
Looking at the footage you get the impression that Elvis worked pretty hard both nights with lots of movement and he had quite some fun as well.
But I have to be careful as some over here will think I'm trying to convince people the shows were great.. :wink:

This would explain why he was so short winded there :wink:

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Robert wrote:It's in private hands and we saw some of it during the three/four hour showing in Amsterdam.

Ironic that I was also in Amsterdam then, eating Chinese food together with one of the musicians who performed behind Elvis in College Park.

Thank you for describing the footage from those two shows. Hopefully we will all get to see it in the near future.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Rock Legend wrote:
Robert wrote:It's in private hands and we saw some of it during the three/four hour showing in Amsterdam.

Ironic that I was also in Amsterdam then, eating Chinese food together with one of the musicians who performed behind Elvis in College Park.

Thank you for describing the footage from those two shows. Hopefully we will all get to see it in the near future.

That's a weird thought.
I can imagine the guys involved still remember those nights quite well.

Now that we have access to both College Park and Houston in both sound vision (at least some of us) I think Houston is by far the most devastating one.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Last year, when the FTD people contacted us in connection with the “Sold Out” release, I asked Duke about the highs & lows of the ’74 tours. This is what he wrote about College Park (not used in the booklet):

What stands out about this one is, the first 20 or 30 rows back from the stage were filled with Washington dignitaries…..furs and jewelry as far as you could see….and EP came out in poor shape. He looked like he had just woken up and was slurring his words and not making a lot of sense when he did speak. The band was smokin' hot….but he was not. It actually was embarrassing and we all felt really bad for him. There was no denying that he was "altered".

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Rock Legend wrote:I've just uploaded a silent 8mm clip from the Houston Summit gig on YouTube. Thought some of you might want to see it:

phpBB [video]

50 weeks left.