Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:32 am

I had a serious discussion with Jim Dandy about this show again last night(he cannot stand it and has only listened to it twice!) anyhow i feel the absolute worst part is when Elvis says 'We've just got up' ....'All of us have just got up'... meaning He couldn't care a damm that he is sleepwalking through a show, Zero respect for a paying audience because he couldn't manage to do a tour or A/S because he stays up all night and takes sleeping stuff hours b4 he needed to be "UP" and in proper shape for an Afternoon show. Utterly un professional, disgraceful behavour and shows just how far down Elvis was in his attitude and health in August 1976.Of cource after this tour he improved but probably because to get even worse would have meant no tours!~ :?

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:04 am

I can not hearrrr myyysself....

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:16 am

"The band is TOO LOUD...."

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:29 am

Albert Goldman wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:Right, but the tabloids 1n 1974 wrote that "Elvis was strung out on heroine" which was a lie. So in his speech from the closing night September 2 1974 Vegas Elvis was right to be furious and called them "junk"

Yes, September 2 1974 Elvis was furious... and completely stoned. He had every right to be.

Let somebody falsely tell the world that you are strung out on heroin, see how you like it. That's a big difference then pills described by your doctor in the eyes of the public. Could he have handled it more appropriately, perhaps, but his message got through loud and clear and that rumor ceased after his verbal lashing.

I would be pretty surprised, because I have never been strung out in my life on anything execpt on Elvis' music. According to my girlfriend I was pretty strung out on alcohol, but I broke her neck and pulled her tongue out by the roots. She got the message loud and clear.

No offense, but I don't see the big difference between heroin and the expensive drugs that Elvis used almost for twenty years. He took amphetamine injections, he put cotton with liquid cocaine in his nostrils and took pills that are not that far away from heroin after all - or whatever junk, it doesn't really matter. His doctors were dealers who were forced and paid to supply him drugs. Maybe some of them cared but not enough.

Elvis was in denial plus contradicting himself which is really sad!

Because of those "described pills" Elvis is DEAD and about a year before his death he - once again completely stoned - gave an awful show in Houston. Now we lucky fans have the pleasure to hear it with our own ears. At the same time when we buy this pure sh't recording, we spend our days on this forum wondering how on earth Elvis fans liked Wooden Heart in 1960 when Elvis still sang like a bird.

If you ask my honest opinion sir, it is time to forget this whole thread.

Elvis was in Denial and contradicting himself which is really Sad...

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:50 am

Wooden Heart is one of my Fav songs!~ :D
and at a recent 'Octoberfest' i heard it sung entirely in German- great!~ 8)

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:53 am

YDKM wrote:Wooden Heart is one of my Fav songs!~ :D
and at a recent 'Octoberfest' i heard it sung entirely in German- great!~ 8)

If Elvis had sung it in Houston it would have been the highlight!!!
Cheers,
Piers

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:29 am

:D So who is packing up CD's of this show to give away as Christmas Presents? :roll:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:43 am

YDKM wrote::D So who is packing up CD's of this show to give away as Christmas Presents? :roll:

Bumped for no reason eh.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:06 am

well its still selling and i am packing up cd's of this show now for presents!~ :D

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 am

I hear these discs make great coasters as well as tree ornaments.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 pm

yeah i use hundreds of em' for scaring away birds in my vegi garden and also for surveying with a disto~! :wink:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Just play the concert once and I am sure you'll make them all extinct.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 pm

YDKM wrote:yeah i use hundreds of em' for scaring away birds in my vegi garden and also for surveying with a disto~! :wink:

Feel free to throw one my way :D

rlj ::rocks

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:13 am

rlj4ep wrote:
YDKM wrote:yeah i use hundreds of em' for scaring away birds in my vegi garden and also for surveying with a disto~! :wink:

why you want one!?
i have that whole August/September tour now...mixture of soundboard and audience recordings and i know how i rate the shows.
quite likely Houston was/is worst one ...but really only slightly worse than many poorer shows.
thank goodness his next tour was a marked improvement and no more Afternoon shows on tour EVER AGAIN!~
this tour certainly dropped to a lower 'standard' than his already all time low previous terrible July/August 76' tour!~
still i'd rather have a cd like this released as some other shows that came out from 76' such as El Paso,Tucson and South Bend were surprisingly 'average' - yet SOUNDBOARDS!~

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:23 am

YDKM wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:

why you want one!?
i have that whole August/September tour now...mixture of soundboard and audience recordings and i know how i rate the shows.
quite likely Houston was/is worst one ...but really only slightly worse than many poorer shows.
thank goodness his next tour was a marked improvement and no more Afternoon shows on tour EVER AGAIN!~
this tour certainly dropped to a lower 'standard' than his already all time low previous terrible July/August 76' tour!~
still i'd rather have a cd like this released as some other shows that came out from 76' such as El Paso,Tucson and South Bend were surprisingly 'average' - yet SOUNDBOARDS!~

lol those shows are much better compared to this houston disaster

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:24 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
YDKM wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:

why you want one!?

lol those shows are much better compared to this houston disaster

No No! It certainly wasn't a disaster!! :P

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:01 am

correct Brad.... this is a wikipedia defenition of 'DISASTER' :-A disaster is a natural or man-made (or technological) hazard resulting in an event of substantial extent causing significant physical damage or destruction, loss of life, or drastic change to the environment. A disaster can be ostensively defined as any tragic event stemming from events such as earthquakes, floods, catastrophic accidents, fires, or explosions. It is a phenomenon that can cause damage to life and property and destroy the economic, social and cultural life of people.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:12 am

YDKM wrote:well its still selling and i am packing up cd's of this show now for presents!~ :D

Talk about having a Blue Christmas ...

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:58 am

Blue Christmas.....well its a toss up between New Years Eve 1976 and Houston 76. both completely different shows :P

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 pm

I just bought a dozen of these cd's for target practice.

Anyone wanna come over and have a "blast" ?

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Why do you guys continue to add to this thread? Do you not realize that every time a post is added, the thread comes back to the top?

Stop it!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Well deserved for the most significant bootleg release of the millennium yet!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Rob wrote:Why do you guys continue to add to this thread? Do you not realize that every time a post is added, the thread comes back to the top?

Stop it!

Are you sure?

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Yes! I just checked again.

Don't make me put you on my weekly report!

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:53 am

Rob wrote:Yes! I just checked again.

Don't make me put you on my weekly report!

The guys that keep adding to this thread are real losers.