Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:00 am

50 pages! YES!!!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:37 am

I just downloaded this concert from a torrent site. Listening to this concert is a bloody awfull, depressing and embarassing experience. Most song I could not bear to finish listening to and were skipped half way. The shape Elvis is in is terrible and gets only worse when the show progresses. Finally, I deleted this concert from my computer as I have no intention of ever listening to it again or repeat this sick making experience. Glad I did not pay any money to hear this...

On Facebook and here on FECC I read quotes that "Elvis at his worst is still better than any other artist". Any wacko who still seriously think this after hearing this concert I think has a serious problem.

To anyone who thinks this show is not a disaster I would like the question: what is not disastrous about this show? The fact that only YGMAM is only just below average while the rest of the performances are IMO lightyears below the 1976 standard (not to speak of any better year)?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:47 am

Glad you enjoyed the show so much Alexander~! :smt002 :roll: :oops:

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:19 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
PiersEIN wrote: Hi Gang, Super-Collector Geoffrey McDonnell has written a very informative review for EIN.

Forgetting about names, login names etc. When you wrote the above, it would have been helpful for people who didn't know (such as me), if you had identified the guy you were referring to, as the same guy who had already made a number of points on this thread.

Thank you, this is exactly my point.

WOW, I had a previous post on this thread edited out that helped actually explain this issue.
That seems rather unfair in the scheme of things.

ANYWAY, as you well know drjohncarpenter, some people like to use pseudonyms when using message boards.
Sorry mike edwards66 but it was not up to me to reveal YDKM's real name.
If he wants to write reviews for EIN under another name that is his choice.
Maybe he didn't want his real name blathered about this message board, which The DOC has now made happen.
(Although YDKM's identity was gently revealed way back in the past on FECC as old posters may remember).

So to make this fair perhaps now drjohncarpenter would like to tell us his real identity so we can measure his comments on FECC against the Elvis products he works on,

cheers
Piers

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
YDKM wrote:correct......and after most songs applause is pretty 'mild'...only after 'America' is it sounding half like decent applause(considering what a massive audience it was!) :|

Is there any particular reason you have been compelled to make 93 posts on this topic?

130910_YDKM_93 posts to date.JPG

Your constant, unyielding defense of this awful performance is a prime reason this subject now approaches the fifty-page mark.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
:wtf:

drjohncarpenter, sir you surely jest!
Is there any particular reason you have been compelled to make 108 posts on this topic?
:facep: :facep: :facep:

Cheers,
Piers

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:41 am

YDKM wrote:Glad you enjoyed the show so much Alexander~! :smt002 :roll: :oops:

It is not beter than it is. You (?) wrote a pretty accurate review on EIN, although to my taste you remained on the mild side.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 am

PiersEIN wrote:Maybe he didn't want his real name blathered about this message board, which The DOC has now made happen.

Are you completely out of your mind, or simply trying to make others look bad?

Anyone who cares may read your self-promoting post about an "in-depth" review of Houston '76, followed by posts from members with questions and confusion regarding the review, followed by your identifying the reviewer by his forum login name:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78330&p=1209509#p1209509
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78330&p=1210331#p1210331

Thank you.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:48 am

norrie wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:I have a blank face trying to figure out why I keep following this thread. In fact my eyes have glazed over.

I'm amazed this thread as gone this far! Why make endless comments about a crappy CD with the worst performance of Elvis' career?

It puzzles me when someone starts up a new thread about a really good concert and hardly any comments are made. Start up a thread about one of Elvis' crappy concerts and the list is endless. It's as though people have this morbid fascination with his decline. I think it is very sad and some Elvis fans are the saddest of all.

Hmmm,yet you have made 25 comments,your most active topic.Go figure.

I have not made 25 comments about this CD. Read again then go figure.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:54 am

midnightx wrote:
norrie wrote:
stevelecher wrote:If only we could have the soundboard of that 1971 concert. Looks great.

Now that would be a concert that deserves 50 pages.

It would never happen. It seems like anything pre-1972 can't even get up to 10 pages on this forum.

Which is what i said in my post above!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:40 am

i too have had post deleted on this thread :(
and Yes when reviewing Elvis i generally and usually 'kind' in my reviews.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:55 am

norrie wrote:
midnightx wrote:
norrie wrote:
stevelecher wrote:If only we could have the soundboard of that 1971 concert. Looks great.

It would never happen. It seems like anything pre-1972 can't even get up to 10 pages on this forum.

You are probably right but the main reason a topic like this gets such a huge response is because it generates arguments and counter arguments.A topic about a great show generally gets everyone agreeing how good it is,no arguing or anyone saying your talking pish and the topic is over fairly quick.A topic about the later years brings up the usual debates from the rose coloured glasses brigade v the realists unfortunately and goes on forever.

norrie

You mentioned the "rose coloured glasses brigade" and "the realist". I am guessing by the way you write, you consider yourself a realist, right? LOL

Now, you forgot the thrid fraction which are the ass clows who put virtually everything down after 74, or even earlier, yet call themselfs elvis scholars, or "realists".

The "rose coloured glasses brigade" as you call them seam to always acknowledge the fact that Elvis was not at the top of the game, they usually start topics something like:

"I know some ppl dont like the later Elvis, but I would like to know if you guys find anything good from the last 2 years of elvis's life .... if you dont pls skip this thread, I want to concentrate on the good aspects and i am very aware of the negaitve" ... or somthing like that.

the very next thing is, some of those ass clowns starting to post BS, even though they been ask to skip it if they dont like it ....

Now to me those realists, are the ass clowns, who let not even one oppertunity they have go by to bash Elvis. Always concentrate on the negative and with that they screw up the entire forum, as if the true fans need a constant reminder how f*cked up elvis was most of his last 2 years ... so again .... realists? ... LOL

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:00 pm

BigBird wrote:
norrie wrote:
midnightx wrote:
norrie wrote:

You are probably right but the main reason a topic like this gets such a huge response is because it generates arguments and counter arguments.A topic about a great show generally gets everyone agreeing how good it is,no arguing or anyone saying your talking pish and the topic is over fairly quick.A topic about the later years brings up the usual debates from the rose coloured glasses brigade v the realists unfortunately and goes on forever.

norrie

You mentioned the "rose coloured glasses brigade" and "the realist". I am guessing by the way you write, you consider yourself a realist, right? LOL

Now, you forgot the thrid fraction which are the ass clows who put virtually everything down after 74, or even earlier, yet call themselfs elvis scholars, or "realists".

The "rose coloured glasses brigade" as you call them seam to always acknowledge the fact that Elvis was not at the top of the game, they usually start topics something like:

"I know some ppl dont like the later Elvis, but I would like to know if you guys find anything good from the last 2 years of elvis's life .... if you dont pls skip this thread, I want to concentrate on the good aspects and i am very aware of the negaitve" ... or somthing like that.

the very next thing is, some of those ass clowns starting to post BS, even though they been ask to skip it if they dont like it ....

Now to me those realists, are the ass clowns, who let not even one oppertunity they have go by to bash Elvis. Always concentrate on the negative and with that they screw up the entire forum, as if the true fans need a constant reminder how f*cked up elvis was most of his last 2 years ... so again .... realists? ... LOL

Your obviously not a "realist"......neither does the post you've just made, makes any sense.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:19 pm

BigBird wrote:
norrie wrote:
midnightx wrote:
norrie wrote:

norrie

Your obviously not a "realist"......neither does the post you've just made, makes any sense.

How does it make no sense?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:35 pm

midnightx wrote:
norrie wrote:

yeah, what a pitty. but it is up to you "realists" and I have a hard time not LOL considering who calls themselfs realists, to write in that case 100 pages of positive things about the things you feel Elvis did well, yet you blame the other party for that not to happen, it is always the others fault, what a simplistic world views, or shall i rather say ass clownish world view?

I mean to even cateorgize Elvis in to things like; the 50s elvis, the comeback elvis, the pre 72 elvis, the post 72 elvis, the post 75 elvis, the pre december 76 elvis, the post whatever elvis.

Those notion are so completely stupid and narrow minded that I would rather use a much more fitting word, which again would get me into trouble around here.

But let me say this; I wholeheartedly dispise ppl who feel the need to put everything in boxes just so they cant get around thinking for them selfs, man, I do hate ignorance, it hasnever brought anyhing good!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm

BigBird wrote:
midnightx wrote:
norrie wrote:

yeah, what a pitty. but it is up to you "realists" and I have a hard time not LOL considering who calls themselfs realists, to write in that case 100 pages of positive things about the things you feel Elvis did well, yet you blame the other party for that not to happen, it is always the others fault, what a simplistic world views, or shall i rather say ass clownish world view?

I mean to even cateorgize Elvis in to things like; the 50s elvis, the comeback elvis, the pre 72 elvis, the post 72 elvis, the post 75 elvis, the pre december 76 elvis, the post whatever elvis.

Those notion are so completely stupid and narrow minded that I would rather use a much more fitting word, which again would get me into trouble around here.

But let me say this; I wholeheartedly dispise ppl who feel the need to put everything in boxes just so they cant get around thinking for them selfs, man, I do hate ignorance, it hasnever brought anyhing good!

Talk about ass clowns...."realists" talk about "how it was" based on facts or say things how they see them "tell it like it was".

"ass clowns" or people who wear "rose tinted glasses" say otherwise. They don't base what they say on "facts" rather they live in a "fantasy world".

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:23 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Talk about ass clowns...."realists" talk about "how it was" based on facts or say things how they see them "tell it like it was".

"ass clowns" or people who wear "rose tinted glasses" say otherwise. They don't base what they say on "facts" rather they live in a "fantasy world".

in case non-native speakers do not understand what you´re talking about:

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Did I already mention that I think this is the worst show I've heard from our man so far?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Alexander wrote:I just downloaded this concert from a torrent site.

:smt018

Bootleggers are struggling these days. It's very important that we continue to support them, and the only way to do that is to pay for their releases. I have played the Houston CD twice. I'm mighty glad it was released, and that we can now conclude that it was a very poor show but not as bad as expected. Thanks, Audionics.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:

Bootleggers are struggling these days. It's very important that we continue to support them, and the only way to do that is to pay for their releases. I have played the Houston CD twice. I'm mighty glad it was released, and that we can now conclude that it was a very poor show but not as bad as expected. Thanks, Audionics.

Are you implying that you actually expected worse? How?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:29 pm

epf wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:

Are you implying that you actually expected worse? How?

Of course. This was a very poor show and Elvis was not acting like a King at all. Correct. But he rarely did during the summer of 1976, and we've already heard shows that are similar to this one. This one is the worst 1976 I have heard. Right. But it's not MUCH worse and is therefore NOT the gigantic mega-disaster we were expecting. Elvis spoke coherently, he remembered the words to all songs, sang the usual songs, didn't leave early, the crowd didn't boo him off the stage, people didn't throw bottles on him, he didn't say anything weird or embarassing. It was just a poor show. Not shocking at all. You guys need to get your stuff together and stop exaggarating. You're acting like a bunch of innocent choir boys! :smt019

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:34 pm

BigBird wrote:
midnightx wrote:
norrie wrote:

Talk about ass clowns...."realists" talk about "how it was" based on facts or say things how they see them "tell it like it was".

you dont understand a lick of what i am saying, but since you dont get it, nor can you put up a debate,or even anything even remotely close to a discourse, i wont waste my time.

Except one thing: I think nobody here in this forum has any rose colored glasses notion about Elvis later years, but the ass clows need some glasses, scratch that, they need a pair of eyes and brain to process the information coming through the eyes, which both is wishful thinking, after all, they are braineless ass clowns!
I am an elvis fan, I love Elvis, the good, the bad and the ugly, that statement by istelf refutes the "rose colored glasses notion" right there!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:36 pm

BigBird wrote:
BigBird wrote:
midnightx wrote:
norrie wrote:

you dont understand a lick of what i am saying, but since you dont get it, nor can you put up a debate,or even anything even remotely close to a discourse, i wont waste my time.

Except one thing: I think nobody here in this forum has any rose colored glasses notion about Elvis later years, but the ass clows need some glasses, scratch that, they need a pair of eyes and brain to process the information coming through the eyes, which both is wishful thinking, after all, they are braineless ass clowns!
I am an elvis fan, I love Elvis, the good, the bad and the ugly, that statement by istelf refutes the "rose colored glasses notion" right there!

Where's Ian when you need him?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Elvis spoke coherently..

that's kind..

the crowd didn't boo him off the stage

No, part just left early, and some fans were crying, that's all :wink:

But I agree it's something to have in the collection.
In my case, to close the subject and to move on.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:37 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Did I already mention that I think this is the worst show I've heard from our man so far?

I dont know if you did, but i agree this is for sure the worst show I have heard from our man, BUT it aint half as bad as all the ass clows made us believe all those years.

remember they said elvis was sooooooo stoooooned the he did no eeevvveeen know where he was ... bla bla ... bl*w me

.. again, as i said ass clows.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Robert wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Elvis spoke coherently..

that's kind..

the crowd didn't boo him off the stage

No, part just left early, and some fans were crying, that's all :wink:

But I agree it's something to have in the collection.
In my case, to close the subject and to move on.

do you have any evidence to proof that the ppl were leaving and that ppl were crying is actually true, you know it would have to take more than just one ass clown reporter. if it was so super bad, would you not think the papers were full of it the next day, saying "Elvis fans cried and left in droves" or something along these lines?