Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:08 pm

I don't buy into the historical aspect of the Houston show. If Elvis was still alive, this would still be a historical show, but would we actually want to hear it? Or would we be fighting for it to be suppressed so that nothing could harm the image of our beloved hero as he reached old age?

It shows how ruthless we are as a fan base - "he's dead, so let's wallow in his bad moments, at least it'll be entertaining and good for a laugh": that is what people are actually saying when they say "I'm curious to hear it for myself", isn't it?

So, the point I'm making here is that, for all the comments about it "being a piece of history" and "essential for the Elvis scholar", those guys and girls are actually just wanting an excuse to rubberneck at a car crash and not be accused of doing just that.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm

nevermind wrote:
Alexander wrote:I still think it is weird that people are mocking over a 1969 multitrack while they get overexcited over the upcoming release of a desastrous show. I - like most of you - do wish to hear every concert for history's sake. Even this one. But I think the excitement is bizar. Perfectly hyped by the Audionics crew with a little help of some on this board.

Just like some are hyping Vegas 69 is the best. Well, it isn't.

It is not my favorite year no, and for the record: neither is 1976.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:23 pm

poormadpeter wrote:I don't buy into the historical aspect of the Houston show. If Elvis was still alive, this would still be a historical show, but would we actually want to hear it? Or would we be fighting for it to be suppressed so that nothing could harm the image of our beloved hero as he reached old age?

It shows how ruthless we are as a fan base - "he's dead, so let's wallow in his bad moments, at least it'll be entertaining and good for a laugh": that is what people are actually saying when they say "I'm curious to hear it for myself", isn't it?

So, the point I'm making here is that, for all the comments about it "being a piece of history" and "essential for the Elvis scholar", those guys and girls are actually just wanting an excuse to rubberneck at a car crash and not be accused of doing just that.

One reviewer called the show " a smashing success"

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:45 pm

It seems that the concert is incomplete; after Funny how time slips away the song Love me tender is cut due to space time.
Love letters is not mentioned after David Briggs solo performance.

colonel snow

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 pm

colonel snow wrote:It seems that the concert is incomplete; after Funny how time slips away the song Love me tender is cut due to space time.
Love letters is not mentioned after David Briggs solo performance.

colonel snow

they could have cut the david briggs solo, and added love letters. aswell as cut one of jerry scheff's solo's as he performs 2 of them here! and kept love me tender
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:31 pm

What I dont get is that the tracklist is almost identical to the Tuscaloosa show 2 days later and that show runs for only 62 minutes,did he talk a lot during the Houston show since its almost 80 minutes?
Also if Elvis was in such a bad shape.....(I even read he had problem walking on/off stage).......why would he been on stage for 80 minutes......doesnt make sense to me :?

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:33 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:What I dont get is that the tracklist is almost identical to the Tuscaloosa show 2 days later and that show runs for only 62 minutes,did he talk a lot during the Houston show since its almost 80 minutes?
Also if Elvis was in such a bad shape.....(I even read he had problem walking on/off stage).......why would he been on stage for 80 minutes......doesnt make sense to me :?

i trying to figure that out for myself aswell.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:43 pm

poormadpeter wrote:I don't buy into the historical aspect of the Houston show. If Elvis was still alive, this would still be a historical show, but would we actually want to hear it? Or would we be fighting for it to be suppressed so that nothing could harm the image of our beloved hero as he reached old age?

Not at all poormadpeter,no one wants to wallow in his failures or to have a laugh at his expense,I certainly don't.I am curious because it has been picked out as being a particularly bad show even for the time and I want to know why.Is it as bad as the critics say or was it just critics being disappointed that Elvis wasn't the youthful rebel they remembered.I wish every show he did was stellar but it's only by hearing such shows that we know the truth.The last thing I will do when I hear it is laugh.Cry maybe but not laugh.

norrie

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:47 pm

norrie wrote:

Not at all poormadpeter,no one wants to wallow in his failures or to have a laugh at his expense,I certainly don't.I am curious because it has been picked out as being a particularly bad show even for the time and I want to know why.Is it as bad as the critics say or was it just critics being disappointed that Elvis wasn't the youthful rebel they remembered.I wish every show he did was stellar but it's only by hearing such shows that we know the truth.The last thing I will do when I hear it is laugh.Cry maybe but not laugh.

norrie

the same reason counts for me we are CD Collectors this is unreleased described as elvis worst show, and we now finally are able to hear if this is as bad as they described back then.. people this site is still called '' FOR ELVIS CD COLLECTORS''

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:54 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:What I dont get is that the tracklist is almost identical to the Tuscaloosa show 2 days later and that show runs for only 62 minutes,did he talk a lot during the Houston show since its almost 80 minutes?

It seems like Elvis didn't even know where he was and was practically sleepwalking through the show so time would have meant nothing.We will soon find out.

norrie

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:55 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:,did he talk a lot during the Houston show since its almost 80 minutes?

That's gotta be it.. but looking at Audionics announcement, Love letters, Hound Dog & Love me Tender are missing.
My guess is that those songs are in fact on the tracklist.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:02 pm

JEFF d wrote:I find it surprising that ppl would want one of Elvis' worst reported shows... than an "average" show lol

JEFF d
EP fan

Perhaps. But this serves as another impt historical record for the drug deny-ers who want to pretend that his drug use was either medicinal or not that bad.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Hurt from this release: http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/77103464/file.html
not a pretty sight elvis cant even reach the last ''hurt youuuu'' i didnt knew hurt could be any worse
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
norrie wrote:

norrie

the same reason counts for me we are CD Collectors this is unreleased described as elvis worst show, and we now finally are able to hear if this is as bad as they described back then.. people this site is still called '' FOR ELVIS CD COLLECTORS''

"if it is as bad as they described"? So if it's not quite that bad, but is still a crap show, all will be made better and Elvis will be exonerated?! You're not going to hear it and think "wow", now are you?

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:07 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
norrie wrote:

norrie

"if it is as bad as they described"? So if it's not quite that bad, but is still a crap show, all will be made better and Elvis will be exonerated?! You're not going to hear it and think "wow", now are you?

nope, but it still is history. and a new soundboard is always welcome no matter what state elvis is in.. especially when there's no audience recording released of it either.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:08 pm

nevermind wrote:
nyelvfan wrote:What about the other 2 soundboards????!!!!

One is with EP in better health than Houston 1976. The other one, the end of this year.

Whatever EP's condition, its always great to expect a complete new soundboard. At least better than labels like Gravel Road or even worse, Straight Arrow. Re-releases and audience recordings are mostly worthless.

Apologies but health has nothing to do with it unless this is a euphemism for drug abuse and addiction.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Hurt from this release: http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/77103464/file.html
not a pretty sight elvis cant even reach the last ''hurt youuuu'' i didnt knew hurt could be any worse

Yikes...his timing is non-existent and he struggles. But, like someone said before, it is what it is. He is still my guy!

The crowd seemed to like it.

Thanks for posting the clip.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:18 pm

ranskal wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:Hurt from this release: http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/77103464/file.html

Yikes...his timing is non-existent and he struggles. But, like someone said before, it is what it is. He is still my guy!

The crowd seemed to like it.

Thanks for posting the clip.

I agree with what you sayd.
and your welcome :)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:25 pm

ranskal wrote:The crowd seemed to like it.

Therein lies much of the problem.

Many would have applauded had he just recited the Alphabet Song all night.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Rob wrote:

Many would have applauded had he just recited the ABC's all night.

it's college park 2.0 it sounds like.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:31 pm

So, yes, it is as bad as we were led to believe. But people will still buy it despite that, because they "want to hear it for themselves".

A '76 masterpiece. Thanks for the upload.

Rob wrote:

Many would have applauded had he just recited the Alphabet Song all night.

And many are still willing to pay money for a soundboard recording of a show that is nothing but a tragedy... but it's no problem, it is history... and we are not fanatics because we are just educating ourselves... and we seem to like it.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:34 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

So, yes, it is as bad as we were led to believe. But people will still buy it despite that, because they "want to hear it for themselves".

i'm still buying it yes.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Darn, the sound of this SB is pretty good even and it is indeed a very very weak rendition of the song. He seems barely able to keep the melody and as soon with the spoken interlude he drops behind immedeately. I don't know Hampton Roads but this really sounds awfull compared to most other versions I own....

I'm beginning to wonder if I should cancel my order.... :?