Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:35 pm

I love Blu-Ray, but this format appears now to be on the out, I went to Wal Mart last nite and several films that I saw and purchased originally, (Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, Die Hard) are now selling for $7.50 !!! :wtf:

So, why would Sony/EPE, whoever, give a hoot about releasing "Aloha" on Blu-Ray, when they know they will sell, at least 100,000 units of this "re-edit", (I love these plugs), on regular DVD's ?

As for the re-re-re-re-re release of this new re-re-redit, The artwork looks kinda kool, retro style, but it's the by now familiar, classic 70's Elvis pose and those damn funky flowers, they chose to go with again, so I'm undecided at this point if I'm purchasing it.

Who am I bullshittin', I'll pre-order that thing as soon as I can ... :facep:

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:26 pm

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:Does anyone know the region code of the DVD?

I just went on to the shop Elvis website and found this.....All DVD's are NTSC Formatted and are coded Region 1 unless otherwise stated in the product description.

Now whether this dvd will be the same i don't know.But it sounds like it.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Ordered it

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 pm

I got in touch with customer services at epe and i have just received a reply and they have confirmed the DVD is Region 1.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:29 pm

I hope they would put it in digital formats for digital stores like Itunes.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:17 pm

minkahed wrote:I love Blu-Ray, but this format appears now to be on the out, I went to Wal Mart last nite and several films that I saw and purchased originally, (Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, Die Hard) are now selling for $7.50 !!! :wtf:

So, why would Sony/EPE, whoever, give a hoot about releasing "Aloha" on Blu-Ray, when they know they will sell, at least 100,000 units of this "re-edit", (I love these plugs), on regular DVD's ?

As for the re-re-re-re-re release of this new re-re-redit, The artwork looks kinda kool, retro style, but it's the by now familiar, classic 70's Elvis pose and those damn funky flowers, they chose to go with again, so I'm undecided at this point if I'm purchasing it.

Blu ray appears now to be on the out? I don't think so. And just because prices on Blu ray are cheaper also don't mean Blu ray is on the out either. Aloha would benefit from a Blu ray transfer and it can be done but EPE just don't want to spend the money doing it. All they want to do is just keep rehashing the same old stuff time and again and collection the cash. Like I said I got all the Aloha stuff I need so this is a pass for me.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 pm

I'll wait till they release the 2 disc Blu Ray edition (the 2nd disc being the rehearsal show), otherwise this is just a waste of money.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:07 am

Steve1971 wrote:
minkahed wrote:I love Blu-Ray, but this format appears now to be on the out, I went to Wal Mart last nite and several films that I saw and purchased originally, (Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, Die Hard) are now selling for $7.50 !!! :wtf:

Blu ray appears now to be on the out? I don't think so. And just because prices on Blu ray are cheaper also don't mean Blu ray is on the out either. Aloha would benefit from a Blu ray transfer and it can be done but EPE just don't want to spend the money doing it. All they want to do is just keep rehashing the same old stuff time and again and collection the cash. Like I said I got all the Aloha stuff I need so this is a pass for me.

Blu rays have dropped in prices dramatically in the last 2 years, but the odd thing is, no one I know buys them.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 pm

minkahed wrote:
Steve1971 wrote:

Blu rays have dropped in prices dramatically in the last 2 years, but the odd thing is, no one I know buys them.

Blu ray prices have dropped because they aint as new anymore and studios are releasing them cheaper to eventually replace the outdated dvd format. Unlike you I know a lot of people who buy them......and yes I am one of those people. :D

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm gonna get this one! I just hope and pray that they have, somehow, brought the backing singers voices up to at least the same place as Elvis's vocals. That's why the 2004 DVD release doesn't get any rotation in the DVD player for me.

Being a musician, if I'm performing live, I want to be able to hear the backing vocalists. Same goes for me if I saw the show on DVD or whatever. They dropped the ball BIG-TIME on that.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:07 am

Tony Trout wrote:I'm gonna get this one! I just hope and pray that they have, somehow, brought the backing singers voices up to at least the same place as Elvis's vocals. That's why the 2004 DVD release doesn't get any rotation in the DVD player for me.

Being a musician, if I'm performing live, I want to be able to hear the backing vocalists. Same goes for me if I saw the show on DVD or whatever. They dropped the ball BIG-TIME on that.

No they didn't.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:22 am

Steve1971 wrote:
minkahed wrote:
Steve1971 wrote:

Blu ray prices have dropped because they aint as new anymore and studios are releasing them cheaper to eventually replace the outdated dvd format. Unlike you I know a lot of people who buy them......and yes I am one of those people. :D

I don't buy a title on Blu unless I consider it worth the extra cost. I love "Aloha," but it's a title I might play once a year. What I've got is good enough.

For an "outdated" format, I still see lots of new releases available on DVD.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Reverse the question:

Why should i buy/spent money on something i witnessed live? I afterwards bought the LP and still have it somewhere stored together
with the later released remastered disc versions of the concert and a few special magazines wich released various colourfull pictures of
that same concert and what brough it all to this.

It seems people tend to buy just to buy and be afraid to miss out on something... :facep:

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:55 pm

According to Elvis -Australia its Region free

http://shop.elvis.com.au/prod1475.htm#s ... eRRqO.dpbs

Still to expensive IMO to get in the UK.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:11 pm

trouble_jw wrote:According to Elvis -Australia its Region free

http://shop.elvis.com.au/prod1475.htm#s ... eRRqO.dpbs

Still to expensive IMO to get in the UK.
As i posted above someone at shopelvis customer services told me it was region 1 so somebody obviously doesn't know what they are talking about (probably shopelvis).

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:34 pm

its already delayed on shopelvis :shock: will ship on or around August 30, 2013.
When i ordered it a week ago it was August 19, 2013

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 pm

You all do realize that this new re-hash package of a release on BD does not contain the rehearsal show....so we all know what this means.......come next year they'll release the 2 Disc Blu Ray version as a follow up, just to make you gullible people spend money twice for the same ol thing. No thanks.

You've been warned.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:17 am

For a $15 DVD, I'm not worried about a future double-dip. In fact, I welcome it. I'm sure I'll obtain at least $15 of enjoyment out of this release in the meantime. If not, c'est la vie.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:23 pm

The only time I'll ever purchase anything else regarding TTWII, Aloha, and the NBC Special is bluray, thats it. Unless of course they offer something completely unseen before lasting longer than 30 seconds :)

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:57 pm

memphisound wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:I'm gonna get this one! I just hope and pray that they have, somehow, brought the backing singers voices up to at least the same place as Elvis's vocals. That's why the 2004 DVD release doesn't get any rotation in the DVD player for me.

No they didn't.

Crap....thanks.....

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:its already delayed on shopelvis :shock: will ship on or around August 30, 2013.
When i ordered it a week ago it was August 19, 2013

Expect a 3 month delay with shopelvis. Just sayin'.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 pm

For whatever reason, Shop Elvis has improved since I last did business with them years ago. I ordered the latest batch of FTDs through them and had them before most here in the States. The packaging has improved greatly, too.

I like to live on the edge, so I'll probably give them another shot with the September FTD releases.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Gang, will this new edit be presented in 16:9 ratio?

Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Rob wrote:For whatever reason, Shop Elvis has improved since I last did business with them years ago. I ordered the latest batch of FTDs through them and had them before most here in the States. The packaging has improved greatly, too.

I like to live on the edge, so I'll probably give them another shot with the September FTD releases.

Same here. For a long time I wouldn't buy from Shop Elvis. Last Nov. they had a great sale and I bought 4 Classic FTD's, those get damaged the easiest, and they came in a timely manner, packed in a box with lots of padding and were in perfect condition. Last week I bought Stay Away Joe, From Elvis In Memphis, Hot August Night and Sold Out when they had another sale. All four totaled up to $100 after adding tax and shipping. They are now on the way and will arrive next Tuesday. I expect that again they will arrive without damage. I'll see.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:31 pm

L Ray wrote:
Rob wrote:For whatever reason, Shop Elvis has improved since I last did business with them years ago. I ordered the latest batch of FTDs through them and had them before most here in the States. The packaging has improved greatly, too.

Same here. For a long time I wouldn't buy from Shop Elvis. Last Nov. they had a great sale and I bought 4 Classic FTD's, those get damaged the easiest, and they came in a timely manner, packed in a box with lots of padding and were in perfect condition. Last week I bought Stay Away Joe, From Elvis In Memphis, Hot August Night and Sold Out when they had another sale. All four totaled up to $100 after adding tax and shipping. They are now on the way and will arrive next Tuesday. I expect that again they will arrive without damage. I'll see.

You ordered the same exact 4 that I did. I was playing catch up, and since the they had such a good deal, I went for it.