Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:03 pm

The Aloha footage was cleaned up and remastered for the Deluxe edition. There is no meaning in putting it on Blu-Ray since the show was shot on video and not on film.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:43 pm

I would expect after initial orders through the website, for this to get a full release for the 4th quarter Christmas market sales

Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:00 pm

samses wrote:The Aloha footage was cleaned up and remastered for the Deluxe edition. There is no meaning in putting it on Blu-Ray since the show was shot on video and not on film.

On blu-ray they could put lossless 5.1DTS HD master audio instead of the crappy lossy dolby digital audio thats on the dvd.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Are we to assume this is only going to be sold through ShopElvis and not have an actual market release?

Also did anyone attend the show in Hawaii? Was there that much of a difference in camera angles?

Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:59 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I'm fine with what I already have.

Me too. DVD is old hat now. If it was on the latest format (blu ray) I may have been mugged into buying this yet again. I'm not too bothered about a slightly different camera angle for 3 seconds.
Last edited by Tony.. on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:From shopelvis.com -->

http://www.shopelvis.com/Product.aspx?c ... c=EPAM3708

Elvis Presley made television and entertainment history with his “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii” concert television special. The performance took place at the Honolulu International Center, now known as the Neal Blaisdell Arena, on January 14, 1973. It was beamed live via Globecam Satellite to various countries, on a delayed basis to approximately 30 European countries and first aired in the U.S. on April 4 on NBC. The viewing audience was estimated at over one billion worldwide.

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,” fans from around the world gathered in Honolulu in January 2013 for five days of celebrations. The highlight of the week was a screening of a special re-edited version of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,” that was shown at the Blaisdell Arena on January 14, exactly 40 years to the day Elvis performed there.

The re-edited version, which includes rarely-seen footage and audio, received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. This special 40th anniversary edition offers a new look at Elvis during one of his most outstanding concert performances of his career.

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

• Re-edit of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii” as seen at the Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu on January 14, 2013

BONUS FEATURES

• Event footage from the “40th Anniversary Aloha from Hawaii Celebration” in Honolulu in January 2013
• A Look Inside the New “Elvis’ Hawaii: Concerts, Movies and More! Exhibit” at Graceland
• Clips from Elvis’ “Aloha from Hawaii” Press Conferences
• Replica Booklet of Program from January 14, 2013 Screening Event

Please note: This item is available to pre-order and will ship on or around August 19, 2013. If your order contains pre-order items, all items in your order will be held and shipped together when all units have arrived. If you would like to receive non-pre-order items sooner please place a separate order.

I take it that 'rarely seen footage and audio' means there is NOTHING new on this. And 'Re edited' could mean that "Johnny B Goode" and "I'm so lonesome I could cry" have been ommited to save EPE a bit of money.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:10 pm

It can't be too long untill we get more details - the screen ration, for example, is not clear yet.

I am surprised we can't get a musician of the original TCB band to make a commentary to the show....

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Tony.. wrote:

Elvis Presley made television and entertainment history with his “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii” concert television special. The performance took place at the Honolulu International Center, now known as the Neal Blaisdell Arena, on January 14, 1973. It was beamed live via Globecam Satellite to various countries, on a delayed basis to approximately 30 European countries and first aired in the U.S. on April 4 on NBC. The viewing audience was estimated at over one billion worldwide.

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,” fans from around the world gathered in Honolulu in January 2013 for five days of celebrations. The highlight of the week was a screening of a special re-edited version of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,” that was shown at the Blaisdell Arena on January 14, exactly 40 years to the day Elvis performed there.

The re-edited version, which includes rarely-seen footage and audio, received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. This special 40th anniversary edition offers a new look at Elvis during one of his most outstanding concert performances of his career.

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

• Re-edit of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii” as seen at the Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu on January 14, 2013

BONUS FEATURES

• Event footage from the “40th Anniversary Aloha from Hawaii Celebration” in Honolulu in January 2013
• A Look Inside the New “Elvis’ Hawaii: Concerts, Movies and More! Exhibit” at Graceland

Please note: This item is available to pre-order and will ship on or around August 19, 2013. If your order contains pre-order items, all items in your order will be held and shipped together when all units have arrived. If you would like to receive non-pre-order items sooner please place a separate order.

I take it that 'rarely seen footage and audio' means there is NOTHING new on this. And 'Re edited' could mean that "Johnny B Goode" and "I'm so lonesome I could cry" have been ommited to save EPE a bit of money.

Re-edited means as what they saw in hawaii in january...
not a re-edit over a re-edit.. What you see here is what You Get..

phpBB [video]

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

BONUS FEATURES

phpBB [video]

You mean we get a screen size that is made of 3 4:3 screens side by side?

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Fabbe wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

BONUS FEATURES

phpBB [video]

That's what i understand out of that announcement on the shopelvis page yup.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Fabbe wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

BONUS FEATURES

phpBB [video]

Right. In that case we would get black bars on top and bottom of the picture.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Fabbe wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Fabbe wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

BONUS FEATURES

phpBB [video]

They did the same with on tour except for the ocassional 1 screen video.. so why would it stop us now

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:41 pm

samses wrote:The Aloha footage was cleaned up and remastered for the Deluxe edition. There is no meaning in putting it on Blu-Ray since the show was shot on video and not on film.

DVDs have left the building.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Fabbe wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Fabbe wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

BONUS FEATURES

phpBB [video]

They did the same with on tour except for the ocassional 1 screen video.. so why would it stop us now

It would not stop me for sure ;-)

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:05 pm

I would buy it on blu-ray....slighty better picture and better sound yes please :) (no compression on picture/sound)
Also they could include everything on 1 disc instead of 2 dvds....that was done in 2004.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Fabbe wrote:Right. In that case we would get black bars on top and bottom of the picture.

No, we do not.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:41 pm

JRtherealJR wrote:
Fabbe wrote:Right. In that case we would get black bars on top and bottom of the picture.

No, we do not.

how do u know?

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
JRtherealJR wrote:

No, we do not.

how do u know?

Because they are "African American" bars not "Black"....

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:37 pm

JRtherealJR wrote:

No, we do not.

I think we will since in this case it was mentioned 3 4:3 pictures on 1 screen.
Had it been 2 then black borders on top/bottom might be avoided.
Would not be cool on a 4:3 tv but most have widescreen now.....I think.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:
JRtherealJR wrote:

No, we do not.

I think we will since in this case it was mentioned 3 4:3 pictures on 1 screen.
Had it been 2 then black borders on top/bottom might be avoided.
Would not be cool on a 4:3 tv but most have widescreen now.....I think.

That's what i meant. If you need to fit 3 screens side by side each with a 4:3 ration into a 16:9 screen (wide screen tv), you need bars on top and bottom.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:00 am

lpa wrote:

DVDs have left the building.

Really? I don't have any trouble finding them for purchase online at say... Amazon.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:28 am

I have to admit I do love the Cover, the best one so far, and at $14.00 bucks, I am going to get it.

Info from Elvis.com :arrow: http://www.shopelvis.com/Product.aspx?cp=796_56191_16363_62020&pc=EPAM3708 8)

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

BONUS FEATURES • Event footage from the “40th Anniversary Aloha from Hawaii Celebration” in Honolulu in January 2013

Please note: This item is available to pre-order and will ship on or around August 19, 2013.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:58 am

A couple of very short videos with people's Aloha memories. Now why can't these (and more) be included as extras in the new DVD along with interviews from any other surviving audience and band members?

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 pm

I love the Aloha concert, its my all time favorite concert of the King. I have the single Special Edition DVD, The Deluxe 2 dvd set, the 1998 Cd release, The Alternate Aloha cd release, The Joe Tunzi Aloha Via Satellite cd release (Cd promo) and the Aloha Legacy Release. I have had enough and there will be no more until EPE/Sony BMG release the Aloha show's on the Blu ray format which is more then likely NEVER going to happen. But this is just another retread in my book. So sorry no "Buy" for me. I have enough Aloha stuff to satisfy me.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Does anyone know the region code of the DVD?