Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:30 pm

Just received the new Shop Elvis Catalog and as I was thumbing though it I found that
on August 16 the 40th Anniversary Edition of the Aloha concert will be released on DVD.

It is available for pre order at $14.99

When I first saw the highlights of the new footage on elvis.com back in January I knew it
was only going to be a matter of time before it was released.

Now I am trying to remember the reviews but I seem to remember this was HD or footage
that was cleaned up as opposed to the original release. I also remember seeing that a
lot of the performance footage was split screen kind of like 'Elvis On tour".

Is there anyone out there that was in Memphis for the screening? Maybe you could
help me out on what it does look like.

Thanks

Burning Love

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Well, the ad does say that it's been re-edited, so it will look different when viewing.

I am on the fence on this one.

I think the cover is probably one of the best covers they have used for this show, with the Hawaiian style to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:04 am

YAY!. I Gotta buy it hot dang :shock:

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:10 am

I'm fine with what I already have.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:26 am

Just a re-release?

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:33 am

Burning Love wrote:Just received the new Shop Elvis Catalog and as I was thumbing though it I found that
on August 16 the 40th Anniversary Edition of the Aloha concert will be released on DVD.

It is available for pre order at $14.99

When I first saw the highlights of the new footage on elvis.com back in January I knew it
was only going to be a matter of time before it was released.

Now I am trying to remember the reviews but I seem to remember this was HD or footage
that was cleaned up as opposed to the original release. I also remember seeing that a
lot of the performance footage was split screen kind of like 'Elvis On tour".

Is there anyone out there that was in Memphis for the screening? Maybe you could
help me out on what it does look like.

Thanks

Burning Love

the original release, the 2 dvd set , was not cleaned up?
are you kidding me?

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:07 am

From shopelvis.com -->

http://www.shopelvis.com/Product.aspx?c ... c=EPAM3708

Image

Elvis Presley made television and entertainment history with his “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii” concert television special. The performance took place at the Honolulu International Center, now known as the Neal Blaisdell Arena, on January 14, 1973. It was beamed live via Globecam Satellite to various countries, on a delayed basis to approximately 30 European countries and first aired in the U.S. on April 4 on NBC. The viewing audience was estimated at over one billion worldwide.

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,” fans from around the world gathered in Honolulu in January 2013 for five days of celebrations. The highlight of the week was a screening of a special re-edited version of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,” that was shown at the Blaisdell Arena on January 14, exactly 40 years to the day Elvis performed there.

The re-edited version, which includes rarely-seen footage and audio, received rave reviews from critics and fans alike. This special 40th anniversary edition offers a new look at Elvis during one of his most outstanding concert performances of his career.

ELVIS ALOHA FROM HAWAII

• Re-edit of “Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii” as seen at the Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu on January 14, 2013

BONUS FEATURES

• Event footage from the “40th Anniversary Aloha from Hawaii Celebration” in Honolulu in January 2013
• A Look Inside the New “Elvis’ Hawaii: Concerts, Movies and More! Exhibit” at Graceland
• Clips from Elvis’ “Aloha from Hawaii” Press Conferences
• Replica Booklet of Program from January 14, 2013 Screening Event

Please note: This item is available to pre-order and will ship on or around August 19, 2013. If your order contains pre-order items, all items in your order will be held and shipped together when all units have arrived. If you would like to receive non-pre-order items sooner please place a separate order.
Last edited by Rich_TCB on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:09 am

I never noticed the Elvis Hawaii exhibit bonus feature. Maybe they will have some of that 1957 footage on there.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:14 am

If you want a sneak peak of the footage here you go:

peakhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4jaECd8p6o

Burning Love

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:20 am

Sorry that does not work. Just search this "Fans flock to 40th anniversary Elvis Aloha From Hawaii concert "
on you tube and you will see the footage

Burning Love

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:24 am

Burning Love wrote:If you want a sneak peak of the footage here you go:

phpBB [video]



Burning Love


Hmm.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:06 am

So nobody cares that we get prof footage... unreleased cleaned up (from the japanese sources) footage.. and maybe even in split screen?

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Burning Love wrote:If you want a sneak peak of the footage here you go:

phpBB [video]



Burning Love


Hmm.

Here are a couple related and a interesting message from Larry Gellar. 8)

phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:08 am

wouldn't it make more sense to release it on blu-ray? I think pretty much everyone has it on DVD already. I don't know.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:44 am

Great news !

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 am

lpa wrote:wouldn't it make more sense to release it on blu-ray? I think pretty much everyone has it on DVD already. I don't know.


You're right, considering the split screen and other enhancements it might look better in HD. I am not clear what visual ratio they will use.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:04 am

No rehearsal show or faked Hawaii arrival footage :?:

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:So nobody cares that we get prof footage... unreleased cleaned up (from the japanese sources) footage.. and maybe even in split screen?

funny....for decades the fans waited for a release without the split screen the original broadcast had...
with the 2 dvd set we finally were gettin it without that damn split screen....and now we should be happy again that the split screen is finally again there? strange..
talkin about that "cleaned up" thing.......the 2dvd set contains cleaned up footage....or is anyone seriously doubting that? yes, its not perfect.....but this has more to do with the limitation of the source...which is an30 year old videotape.
videotape is not 35mm film and it deteriorate even more than film.

so I really ask myself what people expect from a new release?

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:33 pm

matilda wrote:funny....for decades the fans waited for a release without the split screen the original broadcast had...
with the 2 dvd set we finally were gettin it without that damn split screen....and now we should be happy again that the split screen is finally again there?


But it's not the same split screen as before. It's now in a 16:9 widescreen ratio instead of the old 4:3 ratio.

A couple of years ago I predicted EPE would make a new multi-angle version of Aloha in 16:9 ratio and then they did it for the 40th Anniversary in Hawaii this year using footage from the other cameras which were at Aloha. I am looking forward to this release a lot- it's about time Aloha was updated into a 16:9 version and it will look amazing on modern widescreen TV's AND they have done this without zooming or cropping so we don't lose any quality or picture information!

It's a pity that EPE are not including much extra footage in the extras which still is unreleased- such as all the dancers and performers outside the HIC and the audience arriving etc.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:41 pm

I didn't wait for decades for a release without the split screen. It never bothered me.

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:55 pm

JRtherealJR wrote:
matilda wrote:funny....for decades the fans waited for a release without the split screen the original broadcast had...
with the 2 dvd set we finally were gettin it without that damn split screen....and now we should be happy again that the split screen is finally again there?


But it's not the same split screen as before. It's now in a 16:9 widescreen ratio instead of the old 4:3 ratio.

A couple of years ago I predicted EPE would make a new multi-angle version of Aloha in 16:9 ratio and then they did it for the 40th Anniversary in Hawaii this year using footage from the other cameras which were at Aloha. I am looking forward to this release a lot- it's about time Aloha was updated into a 16:9 version and it will look amazing on modern widescreen TV's AND they have done this without zooming or cropping so we don't lose any quality or picture information!

It's a pity that EPE are not including much extra footage in the extras which still is unreleased- such as all the dancers and performers outside the HIC and the audience arriving etc.


me to.. thats why i pre-ordered it just now!.
plus im happy that now we get some remastered Japanese Camera angles!.. And even if people dont like the splitscreen.. Open your video program zoom in on the camera angle u want and create ur own aloha ! :D

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Man elvis really took my wallet this month, 3 straight arrow cd's , 1 St louis blues cd together 93 bucks, 2 celebration coins of 12,95 each, Elvis at stax 27,95, and the aloha dvd.
On euro we would come out on 142,95 euro.. in dollars i spent 190 bucks on elvis in 1 month

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:32 pm

by the way...is this an official dvd?

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:33 pm

A blu-ray release with all camera angles so you would be able to use the multi angle feature on your blu-ray player and watch the concert from any angle would be nice. Maybe we'll get this feature on an On Tour box set :D :D

Re: Aloha 40th Anniversary Edition DVD

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Eap3577 wrote:A blu-ray release with all camera angles so you would be able to use the multi angle feature on your blu-ray player and watch the concert from any angle would be nice. Maybe we'll get this feature on an On Tour box set :D :D


i doubt it.
aloha was already cleaned up for the screening only thing they had to do this time is get it on a dvd.
you could say this is a low-budget release as they didnt had to remaster the footage for the dvd release, as they already did that for those screenings