Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D .

elvisland wrote:AND NO TRACK LISTING :(

It will probably revealed during the Elvis Week in Memphis :wink:. Let´s see what happen. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:54 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:
JEFF d wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:The Ann Arbor show on disc 2 would make sense.
It's one of his best '77 shows, and there is a connection with 'Moody Blue'.

I personally hope this is what they do! Then we get out takes and a concert both in one package!

I hope not....poor soundboard shows doesnt belong on a classic release IMO
Maybe we will get a few soundboard tracks on it.....like America but not a full show,thank god 8)

I agree, I was hoping for an April multi-track concert recording!

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:43 pm

JEFF d wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:
JEFF d wrote:

I personally hope this is what they do! Then we get out takes and a concert both in one package!

Maybe we will get a few soundboard tracks on it.....like America but not a full show,thank god 8)

I agree, I was hoping for an April multi-track concert recording!

JEFF d
EP fan

I dont want a show on this release at all.....even if they should find a multi track recording.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:50 pm

I guess I am just a different sort of Elvis fan. I will take all of the concerts, from any year of Elvis' career, that they will release. I never tire of Elvis' concerts.

rlj

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:57 pm

rlj4ep wrote:I guess I am just a different sort of Elvis fan. I will take all of the concerts, from any year of Elvis' career, that they will release. I never tire of Elvis' concerts.

rlj

You are the more normal type of fan like I am and I agree with what you're saying. Many on this messageboard are more critical and particular about Elvis' performances which is certainly ok as well but the fans I know personally are collectors of all unreleased material. I may listen to one cd more than another but I'm happy to have anything previously unreleased.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:58 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:
JEFF d wrote:

And clamoring for concerts from FTD we already own on import. I'll never understand the hunger to rebuy things we already have.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:10 am

The Moody blue should have the live version as a bonus.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Being aware of the Jungle Room Sessions and the Moody Blue extended remaster, but not super-knowledgeable on the sessions, what else could the FTD of this album contain?

Pretty excited for this one.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:54 pm

ritchie valens wrote:The Moody blue sessions Ftd will probily edit since they edited the Alt tk 9 of Danny boy on FEPB

How did they edit Danny Boy?

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Moody Blue and GI Blues VOL 2 that sounds amazing, both will be a joy to listen too. Completely different, but both offer something !

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:59 pm

stevelecher wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:
JEFF d wrote:

And clamoring for concerts from FTD we already own on import. I'll never understand the hunger to rebuy things we already have.

Perhaps some people don't buy imports because they don't believe in buying what are, essentially, stolen goods?

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:08 pm

I won't deal with bootleggers under any circumstances. Not even if they were selling a soundboard from 11-5-71.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:44 am

I used to own the "essential" bootleg LPs like Behind Closed Doors and so on. But now I only own one boot CD and that is "Strung Out In Las Vegas" If it were available on FTD, I would buy it.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:42 am

Can't wait for Moody Blue - been waiting a while for that one.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 am

In my opinion, a complete concert doesn't belong on the Moody Blue FTD.

They COULD include the undubbed versions of the '77 live recordings though.

I hope for some more of the "She Thinks I Still Care" Session. I think at least Take 2B will be included as a bonus song (hopefully unedited but I doubt it, as it most likely will be faded before the "oh, son of a b*tch" line).

Also most likely we'll get the rough mix master of "He'll Have To Go".

The complete recording sessions for "Way Down", "Pledging My Love", "Moody Blue" and "It's Easy For You" would be a dream come true! :D

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:06 pm

I've waited years for a G.I. Blues upgrade. Almost two decades even. I got the standard album on cd in the early 90's and since then there have been several bootlegs and also official releases (Anybody remember the Rare Elvis-series?) out with alternate takes and stuff but since BMG was releasing a big upgrade for the Blue Hawaii album (Long before FTD) I figured that it would not be long before they'd give the same treatment to G.I. Blues since neither soundtrack was part of the Double Features releases.

So it was with glee I purchased my G.I. Blues Vol 1 ftd copy and I'm looking forward in completing the stuff *Finally* with next month's Vol 2! :D

Not sure yet about Moody Blue. I got the upgraded 2000-album masterd by Ferrante so the FTD really must have something special for met to do another re-purchase...

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:05 pm

trouble_jw wrote:Can't see if this has been posted yet but according to The Official Elvis Presley Fan Club of Great Britain:

FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES:

Just as we are packing the next magazine we hear that the next FTDs (there will be three) will be MOODY BLUE (Jungle Room Vol 2), GI BLUES VOL 2, and One Other. The "Live On Stage in Memphis" Vinyl is delayed until September.

Great news!

Has a description of the "One Other" release been announced?

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:10 pm

joekro1977 wrote:Can't wait for Moody Blue - been waiting a while for that one.

So, basically what you're saying, is that you can't wait for something that you've been waiting for?

Am I close?

poormadpeter wrote:Perhaps some people don't buy imports because they don't believe in buying what are, essentially, stolen goods?

Some of us don't mind.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:28 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:They COULD include the undubbed versions of the '77 live recordings though.

And they will.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Ales Majer wrote:I've waited years for a G.I. Blues upgrade. Almost two decades even. I got the standard album on cd in the early 90's and since then there have been several bootlegs and also official releases (Anybody remember the Rare Elvis-series?) out with alternate takes and stuff but since BMG was releasing a big upgrade for the Blue Hawaii album (Long before FTD) I figured that it would not be long before they'd give the same treatment to G.I. Blues since neither soundtrack was part of the Double Features releases.

So it was with glee I purchased my G.I. Blues Vol 1 ftd copy and I'm looking forward in completing the stuff *Finally* with next month's Vol 2! :D

Not sure yet about Moody Blue. I got the upgraded 2000-album masterd by Ferrante so the FTD really must have something special for met to do another re-purchase...

Both GI Blues and Blue Hawaii got the expanded upgrade from BMG in 1997. They both were available in standard and deluxe format. I have US version but they can still be had in import versions:

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Blues-Elvis-P ... y+gi+blues
http://www.amazon.com/Gi-Blues-Elvis-Pr ... y+gi+blues

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:28 pm

After Moody Blue and G.I. Blues Volume 2, I would vote for a third and final release from the Memphis Sessions. And so 3 sessions will have been drained off.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tornado wrote:After Moody Blue and G.I. Blues Volume 2, I would vote for a third and final release from the Memphis Sessions.

There is a chance that those remaining Memphis tracks will be included on extended Camden releases of: Let's Be Friends and Almost In Love 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:36 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tornado wrote:After Moody Blue and G.I. Blues Volume 2, I would vote for a third and final release from the Memphis Sessions.

There is a chance that those remaining Memphis tracks will be included on extended Camden releases of: Let's Be Friends and Almost In Love 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Hope not.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:

There is a chance that those remaining Memphis tracks will be included on extended Camden releases of: Let's Be Friends and Almost In Love 8).

I seriously doubt that, Mike. If I were a betting man I'd put my money on an FTD set consisting of the remaining 1969 Memphis American Sound sessions along with the Change Of Habit songs/sessions (with "Rubberneckin" being the common link). :smt045

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Blue River wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:

There is a chance that those remaining Memphis tracks will be included on extended Camden releases of: Let's Be Friends and Almost In Love 8).

I seriously doubt that, Mike. If I were a betting man I'd put my money on an FTD set consisting of the remaining 1969 Memphis American Sound sessions along with the Change Of Habit songs/sessions (with "Rubberneckin" being the common link). :smt045

I would love to have this third Memphis album with a cool title and cover like they did with: Memphis Tennessee, Guitar Man and Standing Room Only 8). But on the other hand, I would also like to have all those Camden releases in extended versions and by this way they could include some of the studio and movie outtakes that were left out from the Classic Albums series :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.