Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Rock Legend wrote:The Ann Arbor show on disc 2 would make sense.
It's one of his best '77 shows, and there is a connection with 'Moody Blue'.

I personally hope this is what they do! Then we get out takes and a concert both in one package!

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is what could be the pre-tracking list for the FTD release of AFL1-2428 Moody Blue and the outtakes that are still unreleased by RCA and the bootleggers.

I wish the used the cover that was rejected instead of the original as I find it much better; the colours, the graphics and the bigger Elvis picture 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Note: for further info please check out: http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-ses ... 60204.html

1- Unchained Melody
2- If You Love Me
3- Little Darlin´
4- He´ll Have To Go-No Unreleased Takes
5- Let Me Be There
6- Way Down-Rehearsal
7- Pledging My Love-Takes: 1,4,5

I hope they use this original cover are as well Mike!

JEFF d
EP fan
8- Moody Blue-Takes: 1,2
9- She Thinks I Still Care-Takes: 5,6,7,8,9,15,16
10- It´s Easy For You-Take 2

Plus any bonus tracks they might add like: undubbed, unedited, alternate and live versions.....

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:24 pm

ML4EP wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:
daz cav wrote:Hi Ernst, roger, ciscko...... for the 3rd release can we have another concert please!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Daz Cav, another concert will be great! ::rocks

Hampton Roads '72 anyone.....

Definitely, the complete show remastered by Vic Anesi would be wonderful.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 pm

minkahed wrote:Hate to say it, but the (bad), "Unchained Melody" overdubbed single that came out in '78 would be the right album to feature this track on.

That shambolic single mix [of Elvis' June 21, 1977 performance] would be totally incongruous to any potential Moody Blue FTD upgrade.

If it belongs anywhere, it would be on an EIC FTD.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:26 am

I agree that the single version of Unchained Melody belongs on EIC.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 am

flamingstar81 wrote:
ML4EP wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:
daz cav wrote:Hi Ernst, roger, ciscko...... for the 3rd release can we have another concert please!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Daz Cav, another concert will be great! ::rocks

Hampton Roads '72 anyone.....

Definitely, the complete show remastered by Vic Anesi would be wonderful.

Amen to that.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:12 am

poormadpeter wrote:Moody Blue could be interesting. Only 6 studio tracks to give outtakes for is going to limit it a bit, especially as there are no other leftover songs from the sessions. I guess the remainder could be live stuff from the April tour, but presumably the best of that appeared on Spring Tours - and that wasn't exactly stellar!

I see what you mean, but if they came up with Elvis singing the Platters songs, would that make up for it? Damn straight it would.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:32 am

Why were Feelings & America The Beautiful erased (even if they weren't great) ? I can see why (not that I agree) RCA/ SUN erased or dumped songs in the 50s as Elvis was in his prime & could record anytime they wanted him to but by 1977 they couldn't drag him into a studio & had to bring the recording equipment to his house & even then he didn't bother on 1 or 2 of the scheduled nights. So surely anything was better than nothing !!

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:38 am

JerryNodak wrote:I agree that the single version of Unchained Melody belongs on EIC.

Sans all overdubbing please. In fact all the FTDs of all Elvis concerts should not have any studio or applause "fixes" Felton had done.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:03 am

Eap3577 wrote:Why were Feelings & America The Beautiful erased (even if they weren't great) ? I can see why (not that I agree) RCA/ SUN erased or dumped songs in the 50s as Elvis was in his prime & could record anytime they wanted him to but by 1977 they couldn't drag him into a studio & had to bring the recording equipment to his house & even then he didn't bother on 1 or 2 of the scheduled nights. So surely anything was better than nothing !!

America was apparently erased at Elvis' direction. There is no substantive evidence that Elvis recorded Feelings; it has only been indicated that the band rehearsed it. RCA never would have erased usable tracks in 1976.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:23 am

skatterbrane wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:I agree that the single version of Unchained Melody belongs on EIC.

Sans all overdubbing please. In fact all the FTDs of all Elvis concerts should not have any studio or applause "fixes" Felton had done.

Some of Felton's work saved the tracks, with the Moody Blue Unchained Melody being a case in point. Without the overdubs, it is a ragged mess. With the overdubs, it is probably Elvis last very good recorded vocal performance. (That said, the overdubs on the EIC Unchained did it no favours).

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:06 am

Do we know the third release yet?

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:01 pm

i hope ITS EASY FOR YOU is more upfront he always sounded he was re :D corded in another room

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there :D :D :D.

trouble_jw wrote:Can't see if this has been posted yet but according to The Official Elvis Presley Fan Club of Great Britain:

FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES:

Just as we are packing the next magazine we hear that the next FTDs (there will be three) will be MOODY BLUE (Jungle Room Vol 2), GI BLUES VOL 2, and One Other. The "Live On Stage in Memphis" Vinyl is delayed until September.

Great news!

What?. No Kissin' Cousins or Roustabout?. I'm very dissapointed :smt005. Thanks for the info!. Bye for now :smt006.

Still no session tapes found for those so what would be the point? Just to get the same material in a different sized packet?!

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Eap3577 wrote:Why were Feelings & America The Beautiful erased (even if they weren't great) ? I can see why (not that I agree) RCA/ SUN erased or dumped songs in the 50s as Elvis was in his prime & could record anytime they wanted him to but by 1977 they couldn't drag him into a studio & had to bring the recording equipment to his house & even then he didn't bother on 1 or 2 of the scheduled nights. So surely anything was better than nothing !!

Yes, even "Danny Boy" and "The last farewell"!!!! :smt003

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:55 pm

elvis1977br wrote: ... all 70's classics albums are double, why not " Moody blue"? ...

But there are other classic albums that are only 1 CD.

daz cav wrote: ... for the 3rd release can we have another concert please ...

Yes, some nice one of the 50's please or Memphis '61.

minkahed wrote: ... the ... "Unchained Melody" overdubbed single that came out in '78 would be the right album to feature this track on ...

I hope this is so.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Maybe that soundboard of the last (Indianapolis) concert will be the 2nd disc. (Before those 'bootleggers' release it!!!!! :smt003 :smt003

Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:21 pm

RCA did have the strange habit to erase recorded material ''to save tape''.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:30 pm

nevermind wrote:

RCA did have the strange habit to erase recorded material ''to save tape''.

Not by the 70s. No-one in the 50s could have thought that outtakes of Elvis's christmas album or Hound Dog (or whatever was taped over) would have been of interest 50 years later, in the same way that no-one could have thought anyone would want to watch 50 year old TV programmes either. Popular music, TV and even film were disposable items back then for the most part - no-one was dreaming of collectors editions of albums (a relatively small-selling format at the time), or DVDs and blu-rays of films.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Moody Blue has to be a 2 disc set or there will be next to no new material on it. The original album will take up almost half a disc (about 30 minutes ??) & as FTD add previously released outtakes (the 6 tracks - 8 takes - from Jungle Room sessions inc. Fire Down Below) that wouldn't leave much room on a single disc. I think we'll get a few alt/rough mixes or alt spliced takes like Hurt & For The Heart on the Boulevard FTD.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:42 am

an don't forget that it will probably have Fire down below on it as well as the America snippet

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:51 am

The short snippet(s) we have of "America The Beautiful" doesn't sound that bad at all. A shame.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:06 am

Still no news on the additional release?

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:16 am

AND NO TRACK LISTING :(

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:29 am

JEFF d wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:The Ann Arbor show on disc 2 would make sense.
It's one of his best '77 shows, and there is a connection with 'Moody Blue'.

I personally hope this is what they do! Then we get out takes and a concert both in one package!

I hope not....poor soundboard shows doesnt belong on a classic release IMO
Maybe we will get a few soundboard tracks on it.....like America but not a full show,thank god 8)