Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 am

WMarkJ wrote:Hopefully the 3rd one is more 1969 studio takes!


I think it will be a record or a book.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:56 pm

I always liked the MOODY BLUE Album and GI BLUES - VOLUME 2 is another thing to look forward to. :D

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Well, I was hoping for a mid/late '60s soundtrack like "Roustabout", "Kissin' Cousins" or "Speedway".

But... this sounds pretty good, too.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 am

ritchie valens wrote:We need the rest of The American sound sessions instead of a boring 76-77 soundboard.



Why not both? :wink:

rlj

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:30 am

The King's World from Germany is IMO always good with News. They writing about "Moody Blue" Classic-Album as only 1 CD. :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://thekingsworld.de/news-aktuell.html

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:42 am

Winston wrote:The King's World from Germany is IMO always good with News. They writing about "Moody Blue" Classic-Album as only 1 CD. :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://thekingsworld.de/news-aktuell.html

Let's hope this is not the case. Would be a missed opportunity. Heck, they could even give me the whole "She Thinks I Still Care" session on Disc 2. :D

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:45 am

WMarkJ wrote:Hopefully the 3rd one is more 1969 studio takes!


That one is coming. Don't know whether it will be with the next batch though.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 am

i,ll be interested in they moody blue release
sorry i,ll stick to the 70 releases and not the film years
i,ll hope there will be something new there
what is not yet releasd on the jungle room box that i have
jan

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 am

moody blue was only just over a 30 minute album...that leaves approx 49 minutes for outakes on one disc!~ :D

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:45 am

I don't necessarily need any more extra live material. But I'd like to hear (as usual) everything that's been recorded in the studio and the undubbed and unedited masters as well.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:14 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:I don't necessarily need any more extra live material. But I'd like to hear (as usual) everything that's been recorded in the studio and the undubbed and unedited masters as well.

Well, Elvis certainly was not on top of his game during 1977. That said, Felton Jarvis did bring out the 4-track recorder during the spring, nicely represented on FTD's "Spring Tours." Some additional performances from these tapes would be nice to hear from a historical and collector's standpoint. While it is unnecessary to unearth outtakes for "Little Darlin'" and "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" (assuming Jarvis captured more than one version of each), it would be interesting to hear another take of "Unchained Melody" or any other titles of substance. This upcoming FTD release of Moody Blue is the appropriate place for a few additional live tracks being that Jarvis recorded the Spring shows for the purpose of filling out Moody Blue.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:42 am

The Moody blue sessions Ftd will probily edit since they edited the Alt tk 9 of Danny boy on FEPB

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

If moody blue is goin to be a 1 CD i won't buy it.. then they really let me down!.
Give CD 1 the masters & Outtakes and CD 2 a concert.
otherwise i'll just keep my money for the audionics cds :)

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:20 pm

no im sure it will be a double cant wait for the next releases :D

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:37 pm

ritchie valens wrote:The Moody blue sessions Ftd will probily edit since they edited the Alt tk 9 of Danny boy on FEPB

Probily will.

I hate when they do that to the Moody blue sessions specilly Alt tks

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:01 pm

midnightx wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:I don't necessarily need any more extra live material. But I'd like to hear (as usual) everything that's been recorded in the studio and the undubbed and unedited masters as well.

Well, Elvis certainly was not on top of his game during 1977. That said, Felton Jarvis did bring out the 4-track recorder during the spring, nicely represented on FTD's "Spring Tours." Some additional performances from these tapes would be nice to hear from a historical and collector's standpoint. While it is unnecessary to unearth outtakes for "Little Darlin'" and "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" (assuming Jarvis captured more than one version of each), it would be interesting to hear another take of "Unchained Melody" or any other titles of substance. This upcoming FTD release of Moody Blue is the appropriate place for a few additional live tracks being that Jarvis recorded the Spring shows for the purpose of filling out Moody Blue.


Agree but staying close to the original album approach, do you think FTD should also include a March '74 alternate of "Let me be there"?

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Robert wrote:
Agree but staying close to the original album approach, do you think FTD should also include a March '74 alternate of "Let me be there"?


I'm no authority but I wouldn't think so, after all there were no sun alternates on Elvis Presley or 'Steppin' out of Line' alternates on Pot Luck etc.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:15 pm

it is not logic, all 70's classics albums are double, why not " Moody blue"?

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:26 pm

elvis1977br wrote:it is not logic, all 70's classics albums are double, why not " Moody blue"?


Because there are only 6 studio tracks on it in order to get outtakes from, and 2 of those were masters on the 2nd take. Normally there are 10 or 12 studio tracks.

That means mining the april tour material from 77 to fill up the 2nd disc and, considering the fact that the best of that material has already been released on Spring Tours, one has to wonder exactly what quality of performances are left in the vault.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:33 pm

The Ann Arbor show on disc 2 would make sense.
It's one of his best '77 shows, and there is a connection with 'Moody Blue'.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Apart from the obvious 10 original tracks and the numerous She Thinks I Still Care outtakes, there are as we know more alternate takes from other songs, but of course then we have the undubbed masters and the remaining undubbed masters from the Boulevard (just as they use Love Letters From Elvis undubbed masters on the Elvis Country FTD). Of course we have more spring 77 material.

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Ernst, roger, ciscko...... for the 3rd release can we have another concert please!!!!!!!!!!

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:28 pm

daz cav wrote:Hi Ernst, roger, ciscko...... for the 3rd release can we have another concert please!!!!!!!!!!


I agree with you Daz Cav, another concert will be great! ::rocks

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:32 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:
daz cav wrote:Hi Ernst, roger, ciscko...... for the 3rd release can we have another concert please!!!!!!!!!!


I agree with you Daz Cav, another concert will be great! ::rocks


Hampton Roads '72 anyone.....

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:06 pm

If assembled correctly and with care, the "Moody Blue" FTD could be a real winner.

The original album, plus all the appropriate out-takes, dialogue, maybe some composite/undubbed Masters and remixes could be well worth it.

The 3 "Live" tracks found on the original Lp, of course have to be there, and if remastered by Anesini, could be a real treat.

Hate to say it, but the (bad), "Unchained Melody" overdubbed single that came out in '78 would be the right album to feature this track on.

The booklet could be really nice to, having the "original" artwork grace either the inside flap or on the back would be a nice touch, maybe even the 1999 BMG retouched pic from '75 included certainly wouldn't detract from it looking good.

This could definitely be a delightful presentation 2 disc set of Elvis Presley's last album !!!