Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:09 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:While some will moan that the opening and closing show from 1970 have been released a number of times on bootleg, it is great to see these fine shows getting an official release, and once again means that those who don't support illegal product are not missing out on key shows. The 3rd entry in the American series also could be very interesting, and presumably will concentrate on the songs released outside of the two main albums. While I like G I Blues very much as a film and album, the thought of another two hours of outtakes beyond what we already have outside of FTD leaves me a little cold, I have to confess.

And I thought I was a walkin' contradiction...

I don't see a contradiction, it's about his personal opinion on two sets of recordings. He thinks that the 1970 shows are good, and are worth releasing officially so that everyone gets a chance to hear them, while at the same time he has more than enough GI Blues material already, and doesn't need another two hours of outtakes. The statement isn't about the rights and wrongs of releasing material that has already been made available on bootlegs, which is how I think you may have interpreted it.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Okay, then I probably got it wrong in the first place. :sosorry:

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:08 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Okay, then I probably got it wrong in the first place. :sosorry:

Hey, PMP might come here and say that I got it wrong.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 pm

L Ray wrote:
Dixieland Rocks wrote:
RKSNASHVILLE wrote:
RKSNASHVILLE wrote:
So the November FTD of "American Sound Studio" will be the remaining masters and outtakes from these sessions - am I reading that correctly? If so, sounds great!

Never mind - this statement is on the Elvis.com site:

Releases Expected in November 2013
Two new releases are also expected in November of 2013 (see below). You can also check out all of the FTD releases available for order now on ShopElvis.com.

•"MOODY BLUE" – 2-CD SET
•"ELVIS AT AMERICAN SOUND" – 2CD set Third volume from the 1969 Memphis Sessions

RKS

What do they mean third volume, what were the other two?

From Elvis In Memphis and Back In Memphis

Thank you

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Have they cancelled the "Live in Memphis" vinyl?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Cancelled? Not that I'm aware of. Delayed 'til a later date? Yes.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:05 am

They should change the front cover for "From Elvis In Memphis" vinyl instead of using original cover.
They changed all the other 70s..........except "Good Times"

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:00 am

murph1031 wrote:Have they cancelled the "Live in Memphis" vinyl?

it`s shipping as we speak!!

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:14 am

sweetangeline wrote:
murph1031 wrote:Have they cancelled the "Live in Memphis" vinyl?

it`s shipping as we speak!!

Cool looking forward to it. Also can't wait for the Memphis vinyl, and the other FTD cd's. Wallet is going to take a hit over the next few months.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Hooray, it's arrived!!!! :D This is the reverse artwork.
Picture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 am

Tony.. wrote:Hooray, it's arrived!!!! :D This is the reverse artwork.
Picture.jpg

The front are still the bad Photoshop work?

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 am

Yep.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 am

Picture.jpg

Is it the same echo laden mix/mastering as in the mid 2000s?

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:14 am

FTD sent a correction for Café Europa. Go to /www.nowdigthismagazine.co.uk/shop/cd-s/product/705-gi-blues-volume-2-available-for-pre-order.html to check the up-date. On disc one: track 19 is now Big Boots (fast version takes 6,5 : 1:40 and track 20 What's She Really Like takes 14-16: 4:13. Seems we owe this to Keith Flynn. Now it makes more sense. The three instrumentals Bonus tracks remain the same on disc two.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:53 am

Tornado wrote:FTD sent a correction for Café Europa. Go to /www.nowdigthismagazine.co.uk/shop/cd-s/product/705-gi-blues-volume-2-available-for-pre-order.html to check the up-date. On disc one: track 19 is now Big Boots (fast version takes 6,5 : 1:40 and track 20 What's She Really Like takes 14-16: 4:13. Seems we owe this to Keith Flynn. Now it makes more sense. The three instrumentals Bonus tracks remain the same on disc two.

Cool..... i just pre-ordered both the October FTD's from their website!~ 8) :lol:

Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:44 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:
Picture.jpg

I would imagine so. I won't be opening it and will stick to the superior sounding original 1974 LP version.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:40 am

Tony.. wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:
Picture.jpg

I would imagine so. I won't be opening it and will stick to the superior sounding original 1974 LP version.

Your not going to open it!!!! Aren't you the king of not buying the same thing over and over. You bought this one over again and you don't even want to find out what you got.

Can anyone else on the board give us some info. about the mix on this LP version? I'm thinking it is a new version, but I haven't seen any reviews yet.