Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: TCB-World Is Down.....

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 am

onelove wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:It does have the largest photo gallery anywhere on the net, so if Elvis pics are your thing, this site is essential.

It may be the largest but it's also an utter mess. Absolutely no infos on probably more than 90% of the photos and TONS of same shots uploaded more than just twice. Some shots are uploaded over and over again while the old ones are still in. A bit lazy checking from the mods and apparently the administrator isn't doing his job too well either - this is certainly not the first time it's "down".

When my health allows, I'm the one who works on the Photo Gallery (in place of Tommy) and I'm working on getting rid of duplicate images and cleaning it up. As far as the reasons for not knowing why the site is down, I'm NOT the "big boss" at TCB-World.....that's Albert's job. Rene' (Sonny) sometimes doesn't know the site is down, either, until he's told about it. I contacted Albert on TCB-World's Twitter account to let him know about the site being down but haven't heard back.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:17 am

If they don't even check in on the site almost daily that shows you how much they care about keeping the site running.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:28 am

RIP TCB World....even though I've never paid a visit to the site.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:24 am

Hi Tony,

I hope that the site gets going again, I know it disappears.

Best wishes for your health and happiness, Tony. :D
Last edited by Mountain Misst on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:25 am

memphisound wrote:Why do we see these post all the time about the site being down.
:facep:

I guess you are lucky, and perhaps might now get more female company over here? lol

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:26 am

Mike S wrote:The real question is why you would want to go there in the first place?

:facep: :D :smt006
Last edited by Mountain Misst on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:27 am

[quote="TCB-FAN"]
Last edited by Mountain Misst on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:Hi Tony,

Albert disappeared in May, all sad and perhaps related in a sad way, because of the recent death of one of our members.

I hope that the site gets going again, I know it disappears at the end of most financial years of late, to be re-established.

I read that Rene can contact Albert, so if you have Rene's email, perhaps you can contact him via email, if you haven't already?

I hope that Albert returns and is well.

Best wishes for your health and happiness, Tony. :D

Misty,

First of all, thank you, my fellow Elvis fan and friend.

Unfortunately, I don't have Rene's email address. He was on FB but I can't find him now. :(

ETA: I found a FB page for the website and here is the update that has been posted about the site:

We are experiencing technical problems. Unfortunately fixing them takes longer than expected. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and are looking forward to be back online.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:40 pm

They must have very big problems on the side. I takes a long time now. Longer than ever IMO. :(
Last edited by Winston on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks, Tony :D

Hope the rest of your week goes really well.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:26 am

TCB World is now up and running again.

Brian

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:03 am

Can you give a link, Brian ? ::rocks

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Down again, sheesh if these guys aren't going to care about keeping the site up, why even bother with it.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:20 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:RIP TCB World....even though I've never paid a visit to the site.

Well ...I did. Until I got thrown out, for pointing out a modified picture in the '68 Comeback Specials photo gallery - the "S" in the marquee was wrong; because it was bendy like in the "S" I just typed out (and thus should have been in the modified photos category)
Last edited by Tigurinn on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Why bother mentioning here on FECC the site is down, up, down, up, down, whatever

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Why bother mentioning here on FECC the site is down, up, down, up, down, whatever

Because there are (or were) some people from here who do pay the site a visit.