Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: ELVIS - TURNING NIGHT INTO DAYTIME (1-CD RAINBOW RECORDS

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:42 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:You mis-understood me..John..during the intros he was there..

He's there when "Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra" plays too, right backstage ...

Absolutely..but he wasn`t on frontstage..for many an Elvis show starts when Elvis appears on the stage.

And not when he is back stage... :wink: ..

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:44 am

The fewest concerts contain the full 2001 Theme and Closing Vamp...and we are not talking about a patchwork show here.
It is the real MacCoy.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:55 am

Ciscoking wrote:The fewest concerts contain the full 2001 Theme and Closing Vamp...and we are not talking about a patchwork show here.
It is the real MacCoy.

So is 2001 missing or is it edited in from another date?

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:02 pm

It is missing cause it was not recorded by the fan

....for obvious reasons... :lol: ....

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Ciscoking wrote:It is missing cause it was not recorded by the fan

....for obvious reasons... :lol: ....

What kind of fan would have left that out? :smt017

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

He's there when "Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra" plays too, right backstage ...

Absolutely..but he wasn`t on frontstage..for many an Elvis show starts when Elvis appears on the stage.

It seems to me an Elvis show began the second the lights dropped and "Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra" is played by the orchestra.

On two of the most famous, post-1970 live recordings, it is the first highlight: Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden (RCA, 1972) and Rockin' With Elvis New Year's Eve (Spirit of America Records, 1977)

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:59 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

It seems to me an Elvis show began the second the lights dropped and "Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra" is played by the orchestra.
On two of the most famous, post-1970 live recordings, it is the first highlight: Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden (RCA, 1972) and Rockin' With Elvis New Year's Eve (Spirit of America Records, 1977)

Could agree more with this traditional fact.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:15 pm

i agree that a typical 70´s elvis show starts with the intro ("2001 theme") and ends with the outro ("closing vamp").

however i would never turn down a recording that does not contain either the intro or the outro. i always have a problem with shows where the first one or two sung titles are missing and there are several recordings where a couple of songs are missing or other cd releases with shows who were put together from different sources.

so the new release by rainbow is most welcomed by me.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:14 pm

out now!

Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:47 am

A couple of sound samples
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/turnin ... aytime.htm

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:53 am

really great show!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:53 am

Mine was here when I got home tonight.

I hope to give it a spin this weekend.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:44 pm

This is an excellent show, i had it before on cdr (from various sources), but this time it's one source only, and a pretty good one too.
Elvis is taking care of the buisness.
Highlights are "Bridge over troubled water", a brilliant performed "Funny how time slips away" and a rockin' "Johnny B goode".
There are no throw away versions performed, just an hour long good strong performance.

I like the booklet too, with nice memorabilia from the Vegas years.
Thumbs up, great show, great release!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:09 pm

:D Yes Rainbow records pretty much deliver 'worthwhile audience recordings!~' and this one is a good one!~ :D

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 am

Yes played this CD today and it a 'very well sung show' in decent audience sound maybe nearly a 8/10 . VERY worthwhile show to get, decent booklet too and a very, VERY enjoyable listen a great show from one of my Fav Vegas seasons!~well put out 'Rainbow Records' :D 8)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:24 pm

trouble_jw wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Not in my possession..but there are many... yep...

Great stuff. Thanks.

Are there some good audience recordings to look forward to in the future?

Yes, but this isn't one of them! There's nothing wrong with this show, just the very below par sound quality. This kind of poor sound was acceptable in the 70's and 80's with cassettes perhaps, but with so many great quality soundboards around, this is just a waste of space. Why do the 'producers' always hype about how good the sound is when it isn't??!! :cry: File under play once and non essential. For the mugs who'll buy anything and everything only.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:36 am

Gee Tony maybe you expect too many unreleased SA releases with a must be 9/10 sound rating!~ :roll: :wink: :shock:

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:29 pm

YDKM wrote:Gee Tony maybe you expect too many unreleased SA releases with a must be 9/10 sound rating!~ :roll: :wink: :shock:

No, just an honest 'sales pitch' would be nice; something along the lines of...."this is a previously unreleased show (on CD), but please bear in mind that the quality is average and we have done our best to enhance it...."
I don't think shows should just simply be released if they are appalling sound quality, simply for the fact that no one else has previously released them! Especially if they are just ordinary, run of the mill performances.