Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ELVIS - TURNING NIGHT INTO DAYTIME (1-CD RAINBOW RECORDS)

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:04 pm

To be released August 16, 2013: Rainbow Records proudly presents a new CD release called “Turning Night Into Daytime” , featuring Elvis Presley´s complete performance of August 31, 1973 (Midnight Show) at the Las Vegas Hilton Hotel. This show has not been released on CD before and will be presented in very good sound for an audience recording. The recording has been taken from the original cassette tape - as recorded by a “Super-Fan” from the UK who was present at this particular show.

Elvis seems to have a good time at this show and he delivers a real fine choice of songs. There are quite a few highlights to discover: a strong “Brigde Over Troubled Water”, a rather “early in the set” sung “Release Me”, a great “An American Trilogy” and a rather “rare for 73” sung “Funny How Time Slips Away”. Also note that this recording is complete, only missing the “2001” theme.

This release is limited to 300 copies only, so be sure to reserve your copy at your local dealer!

Re: ELVIS - TURNING NIGHT INTO DAYTIME (1-CD RAINBOW RECORDS

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:52 pm

And people claim that bootlegs are on the way out.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:54 pm

I still have another 300 shows which are unreleased..so who says there is nothing left.. :wink:

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I still have another 300 shows which are unreleased..so who says there is nothing left.. :wink:

Are there many soundboards unreleased Ciscoking?

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Not in my possession..but there are many... yep...

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Not in my possession..but there are many... yep...

Great stuff. Thanks.

Are there some good audience recordings to look forward to in the future?

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:37 pm

I have heard about some interesting shows..at least for collectors.. :wink:

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Ciscoking wrote:I have heard about some interesting shows..at least for collectors.. :wink:

Many years of collection left then. Plus, you never know what will surface through the years.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Image

To be released August 16, 2013: Rainbow Records proudly presents a new CD release called “Turning Night Into Daytime” , featuring Elvis Presley´s complete performance of August 31, 1973 (Midnight Show) at the Las Vegas Hilton Hotel. This show has not been released on CD before and will be presented in very good sound for an audience recording. The recording has been taken from the original cassette tape - as recorded by a “Super-Fan” from the UK who was present at this particular show.

Elvis seems to have a good time at this show and he delivers a real fine choice of songs. There are quite a few highlights to discover: a strong “Brigde Over Troubled Water”, a rather “early in the set” sung “Release Me”, a great “An American Trilogy” and a rather “rare for 73” sung “Funny How Time Slips Away”. Also note that this recording is complete, only missing the “2001” theme.

This release is limited to 300 copies only, so be sure to reserve your copy at your local dealer!

Huh?!?

Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:09 pm

John...there is an incomplete source and one which is a patchwork of 2 sources to make it complete.
I think they want to tell us that they now have a newly discovered nonstop source of the show..it is even new to me.
I only have the patchwork show..

Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:50 pm

In April Rainbow Records released their last volume 10 of Vegas Variety. Now again another (boring) Vegas show. Whats the difference?

I'll bet this is a newly discovered 1st generation tape, remastered in a professional studio. :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:25 pm

There are worse things than having original tapes available to release audience recorded Shows. Looking at the setlist it does not seem too boring for me and i don´t think that "Rainbow" is the worst Import Label either.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:02 pm

I have never been "bored" listening to an Elvis show. Rainbow Records is a respectable label and I'm sure this release will be worthwhile to collectors of such recordings.

This collector is looking forward to it.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Each to their own, i'll just find it hard to enjoy a audience recorded concert, while there is a huge amount of multi-track/soundboard concerts available. Import or official.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:35 pm

I have had this on a cassette for donkey's years. My notes say that Elvis turns down requests for "Old Shep" and "Blue Moon" during this show, even though Elvis himself asks the audience what they want to hear him sing!!!!!! Part of "Tiger Man" is missing on my tape and it cuts off after "An American Trilogy".

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:36 pm

I will pay top dollar for this.

Money is no object.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:41 pm

So you keep telling us. Let's hope they can keep on extorting from your Swiss bank account for many years to come, Rob!! :smt003

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:13 pm

For you..Ladies and Gentlemen..

An American Trilogy

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Ciscoking wrote:For you..Ladies and Gentlemen..

An American Trilogy

Good sound , thank's!

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:33 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Huh?!?

Ciscoking wrote:John...there is an incomplete source and one which is a patchwork of 2 sources to make it complete.
I think they want to tell us that they now have a newly discovered nonstop source of the show..it is even new to me.
I only have the patchwork show..

Joachim, if a tape does not contain the entire show, it is not complete. Their PR person needs to be replaced.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:17 am

For some a show starts with Elvis and ends with Elvis.. :wink:

But principally you are right...I also list 2001 Theme or Closing Vamp as being inc. or missing.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:30 am

Ciscoking wrote:For some a show starts with Elvis and ends with Elvis ...

So the thirty minutes of band solos in 1976-77 are not part of an Elvis Presley show?

Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:43 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:For some a show starts with Elvis and ends with Elvis ...

So the thirty minutes of band solos in 1976-77 are not part of an Elvis Presley show?

You mis-understood me..John..during the intros he was there..and don`t forget ..
during 2/3 of the band solos he even sang.... :wink: ...

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am

Ciscoking wrote:You mis-understood me..John..during the intros he was there..

He's there when "Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra" plays too, right backstage ...

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am

It's very hard for me to listen to an incomplete concert, and patchwork just kills the entire listen experience just knowing it's a compile of different dates.
Owning a concert without the 2001 intro is a definite no-no!